Are women offended by this?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym, I'm too busy working out to notice what other people are wearing. That's the least of my concerns.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    No? Who cares what other people wear?
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Depends, is the package area worthy of spandex?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why this question needs to be asked. Why would anyone find this offensive?

Because in MFPland, everything is offensive.
    Have you seen the warnings people get these days, and the flagging?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »
    I don't wear tights to the gym.

However, I do find that wearing my assless chaps really helps with squeezing those last extra reps doing squats and deadlifts.

All chaps are assless.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Why is it offensive to women? Was he sporting wood???
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

However, I do find that wearing my assless chaps really helps with squeezing those last extra reps doing squats and deadlifts.

FR sent
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    f13afd50f209ed6f5d10d15f02c5fac2.jpg

So this offends women now?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why this question needs to be asked. Why would anyone find this offensive?

Because in MFPland, everything is offensive.
    Have you seen the warnings people get these days, and the flagging?

I got flagged yesterday for suggesting someone count calories and exercise before going to the dr. demanding thyroid testing.

But I digress.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lambrah wrote: »
    I find it offensive because these glorified yoga pants are trendy. Stop being a damn conformist. Whatever happened to short shorts being the proper gym attire(not those doofy basketball shorts)

I don't wear shorts unless I'm strictly going to do the treadmill or elliptical. Anything else I wear spandex "yoga pants" (or shorts) because if I am going to be doing planks, downward dogs, squat thrusts, or anything else like that, I do not want my shorts to gap and hang so that people can see my underwear. Plus, loose fabric can catch on weights or other equipment.

I appreciate men who wear spandex for the same reason. One time I saw someone's testicle that had popped out of his underwear and it was showing through the gap between his shorts and his leg. Yuck. Spandex all the way. I'd rather see the outline of a man's genitalia than the genitalia itself. I do prefer for men to wear regular shorts on top of their spandex, but I'm OK with it either way.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

FR sent

Sorry, no pics in my profile... :smile:
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The men at my gym don't wear spandex but I don't go looking for it, either. I don't get offended easily unless I see people messing with their junk...more than adjusting. Like REALLY adjusting over and over.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I notice almost everybody's clothing at the gym (between sets/when doing cardio), but it's usually more like "Oh! I love those socks. I wonder where he got them?" or "That shirt is a great color on her!" which is exactly how I am outside the gym as well. :)
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

how rational
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm offended when men DON'T wear Spandex at the gym. ;) Ha, no, I actually never noticed what anyone was wearing at the gym before I started lifting at home. I mind my own business.

Okay, that's probably a lie. If a guy is wearing spandex shorts and nothing over them, I'm going to look, but not because I'm offended. What can I say? If you're showcasing your junk, I'm going to look at it, whether I really want to see it or not. Human curiosity and all.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not wear spandex, I normally wear compression style boxers and then light material shorts (hylete performance) or mens lululemon ninja pants, and no matter what depending on the exercise, I'm sure you'll see an outline at some point...pretty much impossible to stop
  • christyallison69
    christyallison69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Why are only women allowed to be offended? I almost never care what people do or don't wear at the gym, but if I can tell what your religion is through your spandex, it's time to invest in some basketball shorts.

You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.

So if stylish women go to the gym from pretty much anywhere but home, they need to wash their faces, remove all jewelry, and muss up their hair before leaving the locker room.

Gotcha.

After work I go straight from the office to the gym, take off big jewelry, but don't have time to wash my face, and muss my hair. I'm in a hurry to finish my workout and get home to my family. Now I feel so self-conscious that people are looking at me thinking I put on makeup just for the gym! I was just starting to feel comfortable going, too.
    I neither notice nor care what other people are wearing or doing, as long as they don't interfere with my workout.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    I don't see too much jewelry
  • atypicalme
    atypicalme Posts: 25
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Please. I grew up in the 80s. Spandex does not offend.

In honor of this most awesome quote, I'm going to the gym tomorrow with upbeat 80s hair metal (which I like to call 80s stripper music) on my Zombies Run! playlist. Because I can.
    You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.

God, yes. It's one thing to go to the gym with your makeup still on because you left straight from work. It's another thing to walk in knowing exactly what pace you have to maintain to keep your face from sliding off onto the equipment.

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    there's no reason why I should be offended. Who cares?