Are women offended by this?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No I don't care what men or women wear in the gym. I'm there for me. I don't look at others to see what type of clothing they've decided to wear that day. If you like spandex, then wear it!! I wear spandex all the time because it's comfortable to me so I'd imagine that it's comfortable to men as well
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think guys wearing spandex to the gym are looking for other things besides working out.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Nope - I don't get offended by what people wear to the gym. It isn't my favorite thing for men to wear to the gym, but it isn't offensive - at least they are wearing something!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't pay enough attention to people at the gym to notice makeup (or lack thereof) and certainly wouldn't be annoyed by it. That seems like a waste of brain space.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    some people seem to care a lot more than others
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

LMAO whatever!

oh wait- that's not you?

well then you wearing spandex makes me uncomfortable and it's gross.

Hello- you're the epitome of sexism towards men. Grow up.

throwing insults now...who needs to grow up?

tumblr_m1j068dzQ71qcpel0_zps5055177a.jpg
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me, I can avert my eyes if it's something I don't feel like seeing
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

LMAO whatever!

oh wait- that's not you?

well then you wearing spandex makes me uncomfortable and it's gross.

Hello- you're the epitome of sexism towards men. Grow up.

throwing insults now...who needs to grow up?

tumblr_m1j068dzQ71qcpel0_zps5055177a.jpg
    :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote:
    don't care what anyone wears as long as I don't actually see penis or vagina
    No matter what a woman is wearing at the gym, even if she's nude & heading to the shower, your chances of seeing her vagina are practically nil.
    if your physique is such that wearing spandex looks comical enough to garner my attention, I will definitely wonder about you
    This.
    I don't necessarily find tight clothing offensive, but it definitely looks better on some people than others, and if someone doesn't have the sense to figure out that their clothes are unflattering, my opinion of them is less than it might otherwise be.
    There are plenty of women at my gym who think that skin-tight pants & shirts look good on them. They're wrong. Very very wrong.

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.
    OMG, yes. And these are usually the women who are flirting instead of working out, which leads to them (or the guy they're flirting with) sitting on a piece of equipment forever, blocking other people from using it.

ETA:
    So if stylish women go to the gym from pretty much anywhere but home, they need to wash their faces, remove all jewelry, and muss up their hair before leaving the locker room.
    That's the strawman fallacy, and possibly the black or white fallacy.

There's a difference between someone who's coming from a special event (where she's worn makeup, styled her hair, etc.) and someone who's sitting in the locker room doing her makeup & hair before going into the gym proper to "work out".
  • ameyer1
    ameyer1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The only clothing choices I find offensive in the gym are men who workout in swim trunks or tank tops(like female looking tank tops)...and that's really more that I am put off by their lack of style than truly being offended. Also old men who stretch in loose shorts--that can get ugly quick!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm offended when men wear those spandex shorts that have the little bike butt pad built in to them, but they're not evening spinning...just jogging on the treadmill and using weight machines with this turd looking thing hanging down.

Okay, there's is obviously one guy at my gym who does that.

This offends you?
    Do you know that he didn't ride TO the gym? Do you know that he's not spinning after or before he runs?
    Why would someone wearing padded shorts "offend" you?

Only men? I often ride TO the gym, and yes, I wear bike shorts. Then I do my workout in those shorts, then ride home. But I'm female. Would this offend you?

Whoa! I'm just joking around a bit. He doesn't cycle to the gym actually. And that little pad hanging down does look funny to me, though obviously not truly offensive.
  • tanowicki
    tanowicki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If someone's coming straight from work and hasn't washed off their makeup, it makes sense and isn't an issue. I don't understand the people at 6 am at the gym working out with makeup on. I'm there with bed head knowing I'm going to take a shower after working up a sweat and someone next to me will be there already made up for the day at the office. Do they not sweat and have to cleanup after a workout?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tanowicki wrote: »
    If someone's coming straight from work and hasn't washed off their makeup, it makes sense and isn't an issue. I don't understand the people at 6 am at the gym working out with makeup on. I'm there with bed head knowing I'm going to take a shower after working up a sweat and someone next to me will be there already made up for the day at the office. Do they not sweat and have to cleanup after a workout?

I don't walk out of my house with out mascara on. And typically a smudge of eye liner either.

ever.
    never.
    ever. ever.

Guess I shouldn't go to the gym in the AM then.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd wear tights to the gym. Especially on dead or powerclean day. But I'd probably wear a longer loose shirt to cover my butt

I don't want the Sprockets look
    Dieters-Dance-Party.jpg
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LauraBth02 wrote: »
    I don't really care what anyone wears. You mind your business and I'll mind mine.

^^^^^this :)
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like men in compression pants. Men have nice butts too
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Why are only women allowed to be offended? I almost never care what people do or don't wear at the gym, but if I can tell what your religion is through your spandex, it's time to invest in some basketball shorts.

You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.

So if stylish women go to the gym from pretty much anywhere but home, they need to wash their faces, remove all jewelry, and muss up their hair before leaving the locker room.

Gotcha.

After work I go straight from the office to the gym, take off big jewelry, but don't have time to wash my face, and muss my hair. I'm in a hurry to finish my workout and get home to my family. Now I feel so self-conscious that people are looking at me thinking I put on makeup just for the gym! I was just starting to feel comfortable going, too.
    I neither notice nor care what other people are wearing or doing, as long as they don't interfere with my workout.

I don't bother with makeup much, but I do wear jewelry, and I do style my hair. The jewelry isn't a safety hazard (short necklace, watch, small huggie earrings) so I leave it on. Plus, there's a high theft rate from gym lockers and my necklace and watch have sentimental value that can't be replaced.

Anyone who wants to look at me cross-eyed for wearing them should feel free. Not like I'm going to notice anyway.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    tanowicki wrote: »

I wore makeup to the Spartan race I did. I was a muddy mess, but damn, my eyes looked good.