Options

Replies

• tornACL2012
    Options
    true, everyone could be offended
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Three pages and nobody's asked for pics. Double standard this world.

Not offensive, BTW.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

LMAO whatever!

oh wait- that's not you?

well then you wearing spandex makes me uncomfortable and it's gross.

Hello- you're the epitome of sexism towards men. Grow up.
  • Lambrah
    Lambrah Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I find it offensive because these glorified yoga pants are trendy. Stop being a damn conformist. Whatever happened to short shorts being the proper gym attire(not those doofy basketball shorts)
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Just get some shorts that have some built in
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Hell even the new army pts have it built in
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not really offended- was grossed out once by the old dude who liked to do one legged squats in shorty shorts and no underwear. The squats were impressive though- just TMI.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure I see the benefit of spandex. I guess it could be sort of a "support" thing, but I've played thousands of hours of dozens of sports in just boxers or boxer briefs. Things don't really need to be taped down like your trying to stop the spread of venom from a snake bite.
  • Lambrah
    Lambrah Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure I see the benefit of spandex. I guess it could be sort of a "support" thing, but I've played thousands of hours of dozens of sports in just boxers or boxer briefs. Things don't really need to be taped down like your trying to stop the spread of venom from a snake bite.

They only started popping up alot recently. I blame under armor for starting the trend years ago.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Riveting. Quality MFP content right there.
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nah. As long as bits aren't on show wear what's comfortable for you to work out in.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Please. I grew up in the 80s. Spandex does not offend.

2lubzk_zpsb56c481b.jpg

I was looking at some new under armour gym t-shirts. Not anymore, this is my new gym kit.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :) Often known in the UK as "budgie smuggling"... (we'd normally use that phrase about tight Speedos but it can apply in the gym as well).

I'm not offended, but sometimes it can make me a bit uncomfortable and not know where to look, depending on how obvious things are:

There's one guy at my gym who I call Superman because he wears a tight bright blue and red tri-suit which leaves NOTHING to the imagination, and it doesn't help that his routine involves lots of unusual pull-up variations and yoga stretches. But if someone wore black cycling shorts for instance I doubt I'd even notice.
  • angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hadn't realised before but I don't think any of the men in my gym do wear spandex... may have to move gyms....
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

LMAO whatever!

oh wait- that's not you?

well then you wearing spandex makes me uncomfortable and it's gross.

Hello- you're the epitome of sexism towards men. Grow up.

throwing insults now...who needs to grow up?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm offended when men wear those spandex shorts that have the little bike butt pad built in to them, but they're not evening spinning...just jogging on the treadmill and using weight machines with this turd looking thing hanging down.

Okay, there's is obviously one guy at my gym who does that.

This offends you?
    Do you know that he didn't ride TO the gym? Do you know that he's not spinning after or before he runs?
    Why would someone wearing padded shorts "offend" you?

Only men? I often ride TO the gym, and yes, I wear bike shorts. Then I do my workout in those shorts, then ride home. But I'm female. Would this offend you?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why this question needs to be asked. Why would anyone find this offensive?

Because in MFPland, everything is offensive.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Why are only women allowed to be offended? I almost never care what people do or don't wear at the gym, but if I can tell what your religion is through your spandex, it's time to invest in some basketball shorts.

You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.

I once could see someone's piercing lol.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't wear tights to the gym.

However, I do find that wearing my assless chaps really helps with squeezing those last extra reps doing squats and deadlifts.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Why are only women allowed to be offended? I almost never care what people do or don't wear at the gym, but if I can tell what your religion is through your spandex, it's time to invest in some basketball shorts.

You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.

So if stylish women go to the gym from pretty much anywhere but home, they need to wash their faces, remove all jewelry, and muss up their hair before leaving the locker room.

Gotcha.