Are women offended by this?

Options
Women: Do you get offended when a man is wearing spandex at the gym?

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Offended by spandex? Nope. I have better ways to spend my energy at the gym. I do, however, get offended by men touching MY spandex at the gym. So take note.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    when men wear spandex, it's called "compression gear", so no...they dont.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Offended? No.

Depending on how tight it is and if it is see-through at all ... well. Let's just say I might get more exercise from laughing than lifting.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Offended by spandex? Nope. I have better ways to spend my energy at the gym. I do, however, get offended by men touching MY spandex at the gym. So take note.

This! HAA
  • LauraBth02
    LauraBth02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what anyone wears. You mind your business and I'll mind mine.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Speaking for myself only, generally speaking, no I am not offended by men wearing spandex, but it depends on how tight the spandex is.

I think most guys at my gym wear regular shorts on top of their compression garments, though.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    Yeah I usually do this, but I forgot my shorts the other day and got some weird looks from a few of the women
    lemon629 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself only, generally speaking, no I am not offended by men wearing spandex, but it depends on how tight the spandex is.

I think most guys at my gym wear regular shorts on top of their compression garments, though.

• bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Lol hit the nail on the head!
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    Yeah that is definitely crossing the line!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to men at the gym, I just realized.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...I only know one guy who wears compression pants lifting and it's a-ok with me. o:)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Offend? I don't think it's the world's most aesthetically pleasing choice for even the dedicated gym-goer, but I suppose it's comfortable to work out in, so please yourself on that one as far as I am concerned.

Then again, I'm a swimmer and God knows it's impossible for nut-huggers to look anything but absurd on the average swimmer's body, and it's pretty much required for the sport. So, I don't get tied up in knots about what people wear unless it smells bad or has spikes that interfere with MY workout, ya know?
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At my old gym, there was a guy who worked out in short denim shorts. And one day, he had a hole in them. I wasn't offended, but I went the other way.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    Spandex doesn't necessarily have to show everything though
    Offend? I don't think it's the world's most aesthetically pleasing choice for even the dedicated gym-goer, but I suppose it's comfortable to work out in, so please yourself on that one as far as I am concerned.

Then again, I'm a swimmer and God knows it's impossible for nut-huggers to look anything but absurd on the average swimmer's body, and it's pretty much required for the sport. So, I don't get tied up in knots about what people wear unless it smells bad or has spikes that interfere with MY workout, ya know?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You remind me of a nasty visual burned on my retina. It was a Speedo on a beanpole of a man, stick-thin with a pot belly, and pale as a ghost. You couldn't see the Speedo, though, because he carried his waist wallet in the full frontal position. We played behind him at the mini-golf course and he kept digging in there for spare change.

Nasty. Visual. Burned.

Forever.

Offended, no.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym who wears really thin, relatively tight sweatpants, and when he lifts he seems to get a bit...um...hard. It is a bit unpleasantly distracting, but I still wouldn't say it's offensive