Are women offended by this?

Options

Replies

• tornACL2012
    tornACL2012 Posts: 38
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I guess it also depends on exactly what type of shorts/pants they are wearing
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

So only people that meet your requirements of good looking are allowed to wear certain types of clothing?
    well the point of the spandex is to stop the bouncing
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

Way to bodyshame lady. I bet you'd have been angry if a guy made a similar comment about a woman's tiny breasts.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.

LMAO whatever!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jenmar17 wrote: »
    There's a guy at my gym who wears really thin, relatively tight sweatpants, and when he lifts he seems to get a bit...um...hard. It is a bit unpleasantly distracting, but I still wouldn't say it's offensive

I think this is a physiological response that just happens for some guys during exercise, similar to getting pointy nipples for non-sexual reasons.

Anyway, I've never seen a guy at the gym in compression shorts without over shorts. I don't think I'd be offended by them though. I see guys with bike shorts on outside and it never occurred to me to be offended.

• dbanks80
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

So only people that meet your requirements of good looking are allowed to wear certain types of clothing?
    well the point of the spandex is to stop the bouncing

Way to bodyshame lady. I bet you'd have been angry if a guy made a similar comment about a woman's tiny breasts.

Mmmmmmmm yeah ok.
  • awasko1218
    awasko1218 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not offended. I don't really pay attention to anyone at the gym - put in my buds and jam in my own little world.... with that said, if your physique is such that wearing spandex looks comical enough to garner my attention, I will definitely wonder about you. lolol.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Please. I grew up in the 80s. Spandex does not offend.

2lubzk_zpsb56c481b.jpg
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ....if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

This! If a female at the gym thinks you're attractive, you're golden with ALMOST anything you wear...

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a show for my benefit, it doesn't bother me. If he is aggressively thrusting toward me or otherwise being sexual, he will know then and there that I am offended.

I always look at what people are wearing (I like clothes ok), and I've never noticed that a man was small. Eggplants are a whole 'nother subject, but I've never seen "flopping around."
  • dbanks80
    Options
    ....if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

This! If a female at the gym thinks you're attractive, you're golden with ALMOST anything you wear...

;):p
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nah, wear your spandex and just do your own thing.

EddieMurphyDance.gif
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm paying too much attention to the bar to notice what pants a man is or isn't wearing at the gym. But if I did notice spandex it wouldn't bother me. I wear only spandex clothes because I find it less distracting/irritating than loose sweats, so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I didn't want men to have the same courtesy.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm biased and defensive towards this subject because I wear "compression gear" to the gym A LOT and I would hate for a female to be offended by my apparel (especially since I'm wearing it for my joint/muscle comfort NOT for her "visual approval")
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Not offensive. It can be a little off-putting, though. What's far worse is when you've got a guy wearing really loose, really short shorts and his junk is hanging out. OMG, that was so nasty. :s
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    :blush:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm offended when men wear those spandex shorts that have the little bike butt pad built in to them, but they're not evening spinning...just jogging on the treadmill and using weight machines with this turd looking thing hanging down.

Okay, there's is obviously one guy at my gym who does that.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    To each his or her own. I'm there to work out not check out others. Although the guy in my spin class that wears his full body "onesie" gets a few chuckles from the ladies.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Why are only women allowed to be offended? I almost never care what people do or don't wear at the gym, but if I can tell what your religion is through your spandex, it's time to invest in some basketball shorts.

You know what I find way more annoying than spandex though is styled hair, jewelry and full makeup. It's a gym, not a night club.