10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's that time of the month for me, so I've been staying away from the scale. I somehow lost my measuring tape, and have been too lazy to go out and get a new one. Plus, if I do that, the old one will show up again miraculously. So, this week is all about staying below my calorie goals, drinking lots of water, and hitting my macros. I've been able to hit my protein goals every day for a while now, which is awesome. It would be awesome to see a huge loss next time I step on the scale, but we will see!

Oh, also, this is my 5th week of this journey! I feel so much better in so many ways already, and I am so excited to keep going. There are so many factors that have prevented me from attempting this in the past; depression, and the fact that I still see myself as a 130 lb 19 year old sometimes. But, seeing myself in pictures lately and the fact that I am finally feeling better about my life in general has really pushed me to want to be better. Anyway, the point is, I'm happy to be doing this and I'm happy I found this community of supportive people. It's nice to know there are so many people going through the same things, struggling with the same issues and sharing their experiences.
  • angela101427
    angela101427 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first attempt socializing as I was trying do this on my own unfortunately, I have not seen the results I want since I started in 2013. Clearly I could use the encouragement from others and to keep me accountable. This has truly been the hardest thing I have ever tried to accomplish in my life.

Height: 5'1"
    CW: 230lbs

10lbs lighter by April 1st committed!!

Ok, so to keep updated from my start

CW: 228lbs (that's 2lbs YAY!!)

I have been working out 4 days a week and staying on track with my Calorie count for the most part, I haven't seen as much loss as I thought I would but, reading some of the advice you all have left and by seeing your determination I am still as committed as ever to change my life around!!!!

GAME ON EVERYONE!!!!
    Keep up the great work :smiley:

• sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @huango‌ ! that's awesome about your night time snacking! Keep up the great work.

@daneiel‌ amazing job on the current weight loss! How long did it take you to go from 163-141.5 and what did you find to be the most successful thing to help that happen? Thanks for sharing.

Welcome everyone and GAME ON! about 6 weeks left!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Peeps, I've got a lil tear of joy(!) just seeing how amazingly supportive our group is here.... It's really touching to see how connected we are on the board, whether we are posting updates, or making new friends and commenting on each others statuses - This is a beautiful thing and I'm SO HAPPY I randomly decided to make this thread. I had no idea it would blossom into such a great thing :)

Here's my 4th week update!!
    In this past month,
    the Scale is about the same as of today (down 2-3lbs from Jan. 21 so far),
    BUT:
    I lost 2 inches off hips
    3 inches off belly
    1.5 inches off waist
    even inches off my calves! what?!
    my thighs haven't budged but dangit am I determined. I ordered a kettlebell DVD to put my 15 and 20lb bells to use - better help tighten em B) with that said, my jeans DO fit better and that feels great!!

This is pretty awesome
    and I give myself an A+ for upping my protein and exercise as intended this past week.
    Intend to keep positive and focused,
    and always encouraging you peeps!!

And like we say here, GAME ON!!!! (*) B) (*)
  • RainyJay054
    Options
    I'm in - completely new to these boards, but have been using MFP for about a year & am finding myself stuck at what was my goal weight (reached it in November), which I'm happy about, but...thinking it's time for a new goal.

5'5" 31 YOF
    SW 185
    CW 150
    GW 140
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Day 50 of No Nighttime snacking!! Woooohooo!

Done w/ Day 19 of Challenge:
    - 200 situps
    - 100 tricep pushups (on knees/I have bad right shoulder)
    - 200 sitting twists
    plus upper body workout.

NSV: I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I had purchased about a year ago, but haven't worn because they were WAY too snug. And I looked really good!

(NSV = non-scale victory)

Oh my people!!
    That's awesome w/ all those inches gone bye bye!!!
    You rock!

Be damned that damn scale!

I need to take progress pictures, because my measurements aren't changing.
    I'm not getting on the scale for another 2 weeks.

Off to bed, so I don't snack.

Amanda
  • GoLolo09
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP, but want to partake in 10# challenge by April. How do I "join" this group? Or follow people's updates?!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I thought this an interesting article! Enjoy!

What 2000 calories looks like
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html?abt=0002&abg=1

Amazing when you get to the home cooked meals and how much healthier they can be!
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    jlkermode wrote: »
    I thought this an interesting article! Enjoy!

What 2000 calories looks like
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html?abt=0002&abg=1

Amazing when you get to the home cooked meals and how much healthier they can be!

Reading that made me feel thoroughly sick! Think I'll bookmark this to look at whenever I feel like stuffing my face! Thanks! :-$
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. How're you all doing?
    I'm on a plateau. Haven't lost a pound.
    but it's Ok...I'm doing Insanity. It's hardcore and I'm on week 3. been hitting my daily target of 1200 calories and I'm feeling buff so I reckon I'm building muscle.
    Just really hope that I can lose some weight too.
    Buff Ness is great but not when it's hidden under fat!
  • GoLolo09 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP, but want to partake in 10# challenge by April. How do I "join" this group? Or follow people's updates?!

You're in! Just participate in the discussion and provide weight/measurement updates so we can keep you motivated!

Although I haven't weighed in really recently, I've been eating under my calorie goal this week, have been eating a high-protein diet, and am celebrating my decision to get a Fitbit!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Something that is helping my 'new' way of eating:
    - If I want a 'treat' (like chips or chocolate covered pomegranate), I log it into my food log and then
    - drink a big glass of water.
    - Then I weigh out 1 serving into a bowl, put away the big bag and scale, and walk far away from the kitchen to eat my treat.
    - When I'm done w/ the 1 serving, I have to get off my lazy butt to drink a big glass of water, and to measure out a whole other serving.
    But most of the time, that 1 serving hit the spot and/or I'm too lazy to go get another serving.
    Either ways mean WAY less overeating of crap.

I made this for dinner, using the skinless boneless drumstick meat.
    SOOOO yummy!
    I never watch his show, but my friend made the recipe one day and it was yummy!
    dr-oz-diet-healthy-fried-chicken-recipe

Ok, I know a few folks here have a hard time over the weekends, staying w/in their calories.
    So just a reminder to stay strong, schedule in your treats, maybe go nuts for Saturday dinner, but in control the rest of the weekend...

Hang in there!
    We've had an AWESOME 1st month. We can do this!
    GAME ON!
    (think bikini)

@jlkermode‌
    Thanks for that link. It totally reinforces my need to cook homemade food. I'm only allotted this little amount of calories, so I need the biggest bang for it.
    (see my baked chicken above, vs i.e.. KFC fried chicken, and I don't feel deprived for making the switch).

@jemcad13‌
    "I'm doing Insanity. It's hardcore and I'm on week 3. been hitting my daily target of 1200 calories and I'm feeling buff so I reckon I'm building muscle.
    Just really hope that I can lose some weight too.
    Buff Ness is great but not when it's hidden under fat!"

How little are you to be only eating 1200calories, while burning easily 150-400calories per workout?
    You might need more protein/calories, probably less starch/carbs.
    I spent 2 years lifting a lot of heavy weight, but not really paying attention to my eating/diet much. So while I was getting stronger, I wasn't slimming down. Yup, hidden under fat.
    Now that I'm focusing more on my diet/macros, I'm noticing some slow changes.

@Caloriecounters123‌ :smile:
    "I've been eating under my calorie goal this week, have been eating a high-protein diet, and am celebrating my decision to get a Fitbit!"
    WTG!!!

Have a great weekend.
    Please come and share what exciting you single/childless people do over the weekends, while I run from Girl Scout meeting to Chinese lessons to playdate and picking up 9million pieces of Lego.

Amanda
  • carolcocodiggs
    carolcocodiggs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got fit bit today happy so far!
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Things have been a little off here. I gained back a pound that I lost after I joined the group. I did have a great weekend at a lake with some friends. Now it's back to work and school and reality. Cold sores from the wind, continuing stomach issues, hearing the ex complain about his bad decisions... On the plus side my kid is behaving better and seems happier and I feel a bit less stressed and got a doctor's appt I've been needing. Looking up these days (or doing my best to, lol).
  • I waitress all weekend. There's a booster and killer involved in that. I get so many steps in on Friday night and all day Saturday, but...I'm working around food and have a difficult time not eating the "burnt" onion rings, etc. Tonight I really didn't snack much, and only drank about 4 oz of root beer--NSV!!!

I'm feeling really positive about myself right now especially with the new Fitbit that tells me my records and shows the badges I've earned. It's such a motivator to become more active:)
    I just got fit bit today happy so far!
    Use it as your motivator to live a more healthy lifestyle! More sleep=better food decisions=more energy to exercise=weight loss!!!
  • starsarai720
    starsarai720 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just starting out. Would love to join. I am 5'10''

CW:143
    GW: 135
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wknd update: I finally moved below 140 for the first time in a MONTH! I mean, it was .02 lbs, but still- it's a loss for the first time in a while! I think dropping my cals to 1300 is working. Weighing in again this Monday!

Everyone with a fitbit should totally friend me! I use mine daily and love it! Find me with my email: jamiesogn at gmail.

Now off for a long (cold!) walk with the hubby and doggie! Keep up all the awesome work! I love reading all the inspiration on here!
  • starsarai720
    starsarai720 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jlkermode wrote: »
    Wknd update: I finally moved below 140 for the first time in a MONTH! I mean, it was .02 lbs, but still- it's a loss for the first time in a while! I think dropping my cals to 1300 is working. Weighing in again this Monday!

Everyone with a fitbit should totally friend me! I use mine daily and love it! Find me with my email: jamiesogn at gmail.

Now off for a long (cold!) walk with the hubby and doggie! Keep up all the awesome work! I love reading all the inspiration on here!

Congrats!!!!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! Let's make this a good one, friends!! You got this!!!
  • watsonnew91
    Options
    I'm up for this... I was 11% body fat in October. Three days ago my reading was 19.1%. I am thinking of an Italian escape with a friend in May so I'm really knuckling down to try and finally get below 10%. I hold myself accountable by updating my news everyday with how my diet and training is going. If anyone is interested in following my progress and seeing how I halve my body fat then feel free to follow me