10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• CierraEstelle
    CierraEstelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in! Lately my diet has fallen off, I've gained 5 lbs and I need to get back on track, starting now! Here's my info.
    Current weight: 149lb Goal weight: 139lb
    Current estimated body fat: Not sure, I'm not gonna worry about this as I take measurements in inches.

My Goal calories: 1300 per day
    My Goal exercise: 45 minutes of walking, 4 times a week. And any weight training I can fit in.
    My Goal food: I'm vegetarian, so I will work to keep my protein up. This means lots of beans in my future. I also want to have more vegetables daily. I'm cutting out all liquids that aren't water (and upping my water intake) Lastly, I'm going to try to restrict my treats to being just high quality dark chocolate.
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Update: (edits from orig post)

I (WAS) in a low place and have really let the wagon run me over numerous times since I fell off back in September. I'm (FINDING INCREDIBLE PEOPLE TO PUSH ME) looking for help & encouragement. I'm (SEEING Positive results) hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and kickstart the good...

Name: Carrie
    Height: 5'4
    Start weight (1st Feb): 149.5
    Goal weight (1st April): 139.5

February final: 144
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! So much love and support! ^_^

SW: 140
    CW: 133
    GW: 125

CBF = 23%
    GBF = 18% [longterm] 21% by April!

As I'm looking to gain lean muscle, my goals for weight may fluctuate when I get closer to my BMI and BF goals. Seeing as how I dropped 0.2% in February without taking much mind to what I ate and working out as minimally as possible, I feel fairly confident that I could manage to drop 2% body fat in a months' time (safely and healthily). If this is an unrealistic goal, I'm always willing to modify it (I'm still a nub with all this, so I could use direction :P)

Best of luck to everyone, and I look forward to sharing the journey with you all! Feel free to send me a FR and let me know you're from the thread, and we can help motivate each other through the month! (and beyond!) :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies!

@sellerskennington‌
    "This group has been a huge impact on my weight lose journey.
    Thank you all so much.
    I don't want this group to end come April."

I totally agree.

Walking on the treadmill as part of my usual warmup yesterday, I felt my right knee twinge (ACL replacement years ago). It got a little more noticeable last night, and this morning, I can't walk straight. Ugh.
    Let's see if it'll warm up and loosen up w/ this afternoon's easy walk, and Day 29 ab/pushup Challenge.

I am doing well still.
    I am loving this calorie-cycling. I don't feel deprived, because I know I can have some/whatever I'm craving tomorrow or next week.
    I'm actually applying portion control.

I don't know HOW you all are eating at a cut for so many weeks/months!
    That's how I used to "diet" and would usually feel the need to binge but now, I've found my way.
    It's Day 60 w/ no-nighttime-snacking.
    My clothes are fitting much better!
    I'm rocking it at the gym. I did 2 sets of green-band-assisted pull-ups.

I'll do picture/weight/measurement progress next week.

March goals:
    - continue no-nighttime-snacking
    - achieve 1 unassisted pull-up
    - reduce arm fat (by triceps)

Amanda

@stepherz84‌: Congrats on great weight loss.
    W/ only 15 pounds left, I do think that 2#/week loss maybe too much.
    Be sure to get in some weight training to RETAIN your LBM (lean body mass) or else maintenance will be more difficult when you have less muscles to burn those calories (and you're stuck at the lower calories).

@sellerskennington‌: great weight loss!
    Keep up the good work, and sweet-tooth management (or else you wouldn't be seeing such great results).

@yaafee‌ "I'm (SEEING Positive results)"
    WTG!!!

@NekoneMeowMixx‌
    I'm also focusing on BF loss.
    Would love any tips/suggestions you may have.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5ft 5
    53 (next week - ouch! :( )
    SW 190
    CW 140
    GW 130 ish

Really struggling now as it is so slow, frightened of losing motivation.
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @huango‌ I would love to learn more about your calorie cycling. Is it like reverse-dieting?

So I decided to run a half marathon at the end of Oct! I will start my training in April. Until then, my plan is to finish up with wks 5-8 of Strong Curves and then reevaluate how to fit in lifting with more running.

Have a great start to your wk everyone!
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today was a blow it out day. Haven't had brunch in long time with hubby and indulged in the mimosas. But stayed within calories for the day. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Hope hope another pound down, although the drinks probably won't allow that!

Thanks Amanda! Thanks this entire group!

Have a great week!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Happy March!

My current stats:
    SW: 140
    CW: 138.8
    GW: 130

One more month to go! We should probably continue after April with a spring challenge?
  • sellerskennington
    Options
    @jlkermode‌ , I am all for it!
  • huango
    Options
    In this process, the most important thing I finally concluded is that:
    --> I'm only 4'11" and do NOT get to eat that much food.

YES, it sucks.
    But I've finally accepted it. Stop whining about it. And just work with it.

I like to feel full and satisfied.
    So calorie-cycling helps me, and along w/ smaller portions.
    And there's always tomorrow or next week to eat whatever I'm craving for.

This week is no-cut-week and here are what I'm logging in:
    - fried plantains,
    - Guinness bread,
    - pad thai,
    - shelled peanuts,
    - rice and beans,
    - waffles,
    - peanut brittle,
    - homemade naan,
    - chili cheese dog,
    - goat cheese mac/cheese,
    - buffalo cauliflower,
    - pizza, and
    - chimichurri steak tacos.
    still need more ideas for meat/protein.
    which day to squeeze in a donut?

It's going to be a good week!

Amanda

Yes to continuing this support with a Spring Challenge.
    I'll still be here. I'm not going anywhere.

Next problem: how do you deal with a moving end-goal?
    I was aiming for a 8-10# loss.
    Now I want to add another 5#.
    Then another 5#, to allow for weight fluctuation.
    When do you know when you're done and switch to maintenance?

• SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »

@stepherz84‌: Congrats on great weight loss.
    W/ only 15 pounds left, I do think that 2#/week loss maybe too much.
    Be sure to get in some weight training to RETAIN your LBM (lean body mass) or else maintenance will be more difficult when you have less muscles to burn those calories (and you're stuck at the lower calories).

@huango‌ : thanks for the advice, you mentioned weight training but I wouldn't even know how at home (don't have a gym membership). Do you think running will help retain muscle? I've been doing couch25k and felt aches in muscles I never knew I had!
  • huango
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @stepherz84‌
    Yes, running helps/every little bit helps, but there's better use of your time.

If I had 30minutes, I would gladly spend it, to see better results:
    - 8min fast walk warm-up
    - 15min push-up/squats
    - 5min sprinting/walking interval
    - 2min cool down/stretch
    over 30minutes of continuous slow-ish running.

Refer to this link to get you started with BODY WEIGHT workouts: you don't need a gym membership/home gym to get you started.

nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

20 body weight squats
    10 push ups
    20 walking lunges
    10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug)
    15 second plank
    30 Jumping Jacks

Then you can keep improving with:
    - different types of pushups: wide, triceps, on a bench, etc
    - tricep dips
    - burpees

HIIT is way better for muscles than continuous running.
    Think sprinter physique vs marathon runner:
    sprinter-vs-marathoner.jpg

Whatever you're doing is GREAT.
    Just bump it up when you're ready.

• areddstix
    areddstix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get in??? Today was my day 2 and I could really use the accountability partners.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Reddstix, once you post, you're in! Welcome!
  • angela101427
    angela101427 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know I don't post much but I could really use some outside advice........

I have been going to the gym about 4-5 days a week doing 60min on the elliptical and then each day I will choose an area to do weights ( one day arms, another day legs, then back, and stomach/core so on...) I have been staying within my calorie allowance of 1340cal and I do not feel that I am achieving much on the scale. I have had such a time to lose my initial 30lbs a year ago only to have gained back 10, as soon as I saw the added weight I refused to let my hard work go down the drain so here I am again. to lose my first 30lbs I had a hell of a time I literally ate salad for every meal and was at the gym for 6days out of the week for 2hrs, 1.5hrs of cardio and then weights, I was so hungry and cranky I just don't think I need to suffer like that to see results. Any advice or tips?

Any tips are welcome
    Thanks
  • morrisjen2014
    morrisjen2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else get incredibly depressed when weight loss doesn't happen? Frustrated!
  • angela101427
    Options
    I get quite frustrated, but I just keep thinking... no matter what I see on the scale, I am doing something better for my quality of life and that will help me live a happier and fuller life!
  • angela101427
    Options
    Keep your head up!! your doing something great for you :)
  • sellerskennington
    Options
    @angela101427‌ I am not sure what type of food you are eating, but that could have a big effect even if eating without the allowance. Also, have you measured yourself? How do your clothes fit? How long have you been at this? It is a slow and steady lifetime change. Please do not starve yourself like the last time! That will not be helpful.

@morrisjen2014‌ easier said than done, but don't let it control your mind. Once you start focusing on the positive changes you make...logging daily, exercising daily, drinking enough water, etc...you will find things are so much better.

The motto of this group is a great one and something to focus on:

GAME ON!
  • angela101427
    Options
    @sellerskennington‌

I am keeping to healthy and home-cooked foods. I started back about 5 weeks ago managed to lose 3lbs which I am grateful for however, thought my efforts would have went a bit further. Maybe my clothes are not as snug but I have been wearing a lot of tights and shirt combos because I like to hide my belly roll lol. I am thinking that I may be gaining muscle now and hopefully will see more soon? anyhow I thank you for your help and support

GAME ON!!