POP Question

Options

Replies

• tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated (usually preferred): Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper/Dr. Pepper 10 - I should try Pepsi Max, just haven't had occasion yet.
    Non-caffeinated: Diet 7-up/7-Up 10, Fresca, Diet Root Beer (Mugs, Barque's, A&W doesn't much matter - I know that's blasphemy to some)...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    I prefer Dr. Pepper... then it's Cherry Coke... then Sprite... then Cherry Coke Zero... But really, I will drink most versions of soda as long as it's not diet... I just can't do diet... I can do the almost diets but not full diet..

I didn't know they make cherry coke zero... I might have to look into that. I love cherry coke, but don't like wasting the calories on it.

Oooo! I didn't know that either! Will have to find and try...maybe I'll be replacing my 2nd fav with it! :D

Yup... they do... I have found it in the 20 ounce bottles at gas stations (usually the bigger ones) and in the 12 packs... oh and I consider the zero's and the ten's the almost diet... just because they don't taste like the ones labeled "diet"...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Oops, I forgot one more delivery system: Draft: only real A&W Root beer from the A&W shop served up in frosted glass mugs. Nothing else compares to this fizzy, herby bliss!

AWMug.jpg

What sucks for us here is that there ISN'T an A&W spot around here, so we're stuck with buying the bottled/canned variety at the grocery store. :/

I have had draft A&W before and it was the best I've ever had, especially making a root beer float. ;)

ETA: IBC root beer is a close second, in my opinion.

Aw, man that's a drag. IBC is good, but is Baumeister sold by you? They make an incredible sodas (all their flavors are amazing). I'm spoiled, they're made right in my town.

baumeistersoda.com/
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Coke, followed by Dr. Pepper, very closely followed by Cherry Pepsi. Diet sodas never agree with me so all full calories but since I would rather have 140 calories worth of cake, I rarely drink soda unless I put some whiskey in it because I don't count calories when I drink :wink:
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Well, where I live it's called coke (doesn't matter the brand or type). I call it soda because I wasn't born where I currently live.

I prefer regular, but I'll drink diet when boozing it up.

I prefer Root Beer. But if I have to choose: Pepsi. I grew up on pepsi.

I don't drink soda on the regular. Every now and then I crave root beer. And every now and then I like a good rum with diet coke (and a squeeze of lime).
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Coke, Coke, and finally Coke. Long live Coke!! :mrgreen:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    It doesn't agree with me. Beer instead. Guinness.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Oops, I forgot one more delivery system: Draft: only real A&W Root beer from the A&W shop served up in frosted glass mugs. Nothing else compares to this fizzy, herby bliss!

AWMug.jpg

What sucks for us here is that there ISN'T an A&W spot around here, so we're stuck with buying the bottled/canned variety at the grocery store. :/

I have had draft A&W before and it was the best I've ever had, especially making a root beer float. ;)

ETA: IBC root beer is a close second, in my opinion.

Aw, man that's a drag. IBC is good, but is Baumeister sold by you? They make an incredible sodas (all their flavors are amazing). I'm spoiled, they're made right in my town.

baumeistersoda.com/

Unfortunately, no... I live in Alabama, so it's either canned/bottled A&W, bottled IBC, or various store brands like Great Value/Sam's Choice. Anytime I go to Nashville though, there's a place up there that serves "Craft" (for lack of a better term) sodas that are really good.

EDIT: I'd really like to try the Baumeister stuff though... Looks really good.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    1. Dr. Pepper
    2. Mtn. Dew
    3. Diet Dr. Pepper
    4. Coke Zero Vanilla
    5. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi
    6. Coke Zero
    7. Diet Pepsi
    8. Diet Coke
    9. Diet Dr. Thunder
    10. Diet Coke Zero Vanilla Cherry **can get from some soda machines
    11. Diet Dr. Pepper Vanilla Cherry **can get from some soda machines
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have a question now....

Soda (or pop for you midwesterners I guess)

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

Also.... do you prefer Coke products- or Pepsi products- and yes it matters.

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero
    3.) Pepsi max- I don't like diets... at all.

In order of deliciousness and calorie needs- I chose regular pepsi first- followed by lower calorie subs if I can't work it into my day and I need some fizzy satisfcation.

Is Fresca still around?

4upvryl66l6e.jpg

• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Coke. Only Coke. It is for my Captain Morgan 100 proof to go in. It's not called "rum & pepsi". It is "rum & COKE".

Diet soda is a NO. Ever since my first pregnancy, I can't stand the taste of artificial sweetners. Which is a bummer, b/c I used to enjoy diet sodas.

I drink 12 oz of seltzer with 2 oz of cranberry juice on a daily basis... it gives me my bubble fix.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    It's medicinal
    800xNxcanna-cola-pot-laced-sodas.jpeg.pagespeed.ic_.EimSYTJ8IV.jpg
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    - Monster zero
    - Pepsi Max
    - Pepsi Max Cherry
    - Old Jamaica Ginger Beer
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Well, where I live it's called coke (doesn't matter the brand or type). I call it soda because I wasn't born where I currently live.

I prefer regular, but I'll drink diet when boozing it up.

I prefer Root Beer. But if I have to choose: Pepsi. I grew up on pepsi.

I don't drink soda on the regular. Every now and then I crave root beer. And every now and then I like a good rum with diet coke (and a squeeze of lime).

I knew someone that was from a small town (not sure the name) with a Sprite factory that provided most of the jobs in the town. They called every carbonated beverage Sprite which lead to the joke:

"Do you want something to drink?"
    "I'll take a Sprite"
    "What kind?"
    "A Sprite"
    "Yeah, but what kind?"
    "Sprite!"

It goes on for a while longer but you get the picture.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm a pop drinker.

I have Mt. Dew a few times a month, Diet Pepsi whenever I feel like it, and Vernors (ginger ale) when I am sick.

I tried to switch to diet Mt. Dew but it's too nasty.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    1. Diet Pepsi
    2. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi
    3. Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    4. Diet Doctor Pepper
    5. Fresca
    6. Diet Coke, only if desperate for fizz
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero

In order of deliciousness and calorie needs- I chose regular pepsi first- followed by lower calorie subs if I can't work it into my day and I need some fizzy satisfcation.

Is Fresca still around?

4upvryl66l6e.jpg

yeah- comes in original citrus- some sort of weird new lemon/orange or something and a fruit one..

and since none of that is technical and I sound like a complete and utter nitwit- I'm going to google

Sparkling Peach Citrus (which comes in a notably orangish can)
    Sparkling Black Cherry Citrus (which comes in notably- mauve- black cherry indicvative can)
    Original Citrus- which is in a greenish can.

I actually really like fresca- even after the updated and modernized their cans LOL- still makes me happy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero

Is Fresca still around?

4upvryl66l6e.jpg

yeah- comes in original citrus- some sort of weird new lemon/orange or something and a fruit one..

and since none of that is technical and I sound like a complete and utter nitwit- I'm going to google

Sparkling Black Cherry Citrus (which comes in notably- mauve- black cherry indicvative can)

I actually really like fresca- even after the updated and modernized their cans LOL- still makes me happy.

Wow! I used to love Fresca! Haven't had it since I was a kid though. Something else to look for :D
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero

Is Fresca still around?

4upvryl66l6e.jpg

Also used to love Diet Grapefruit Shasta, but haven't seen in a long time.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Mexican Coke. I don't drink it terribly often, because ice cream > soda, but it's amazing. I also drink club soda by the gallon, because I like fizz.