What is the "healthiest" candy bar.

Options
124»

Replies

• juicyfruit10338
    juicyfruit10338 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Butterfinger !!!!! It has to be the healthiest because it is orange inside like carrots and everyone knows carrots are healthy . :p
  • renaore
    renaore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough Quest bar + 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

1. Microwave quest bar for 5-10 seconds to warm it. Cut in half
    2. Get your peanut butter and put it on one piece of the Quest Bar
    3. Put it together.

Bam! You have a warm cookie peanut butter deliciousness!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    F you don't really need the candy and just want a semi-healthy bar snack, the Fiber One bars are really very yummy.

And I hope lemurcat doesn't read this because I'm again going to recommend the a Nature Valley Granola bars - Apple Crisp is the best flavor, but Peanut Butter is good and Oats & Honey is pretty good. Cinnamon might good for people who like cinnamon. They're not all that healthy, but they're very yummy and are EXTREMELY filling. (I tend to recommend them a lot and if lemur does see this, I'm sorry, I can't help it, I'm a granolaholic.)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm going to have a candy bar or gummy bears or some other sugary dietary abomination occasionally; I've made my peace with that. That doesn't mean those 300-600 calories have to be ENTIRELY wasted. Lot's of candy bars have at least a trivial amount of protein. Many of them have nuts with "good" fat in them. People always espouse the benefits of dark chocolate (though from what I've read that benefit caps out at by the time you've finished your first bite).

What I'm asking is: if I'm determined to eat the junk food, which one is going to get you the most bang for your buck nutrient wise?

Oh, and no protein or energy bars. I actually like them to some degree, but they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about items found in the straight up candy racks of your local grocery store. Things you would buy on your way into a movie.

Whatever suits your fancy. I'm enjoying See's candy from Christmas and candy from Ireland. Moderation is key.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    reeses…the answer is always reeses ...
    I have minis and a jumbo thing in my kitchen, I want to make Reese's protein banana bread but we are out of bananas :(

Recipe please.
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like to have a Lindt/Lindor White Chocolate Ball with the soft truffle middle, only 77 calories in a ball. I have it with a half glass of craft beer or cider or a glass of wine. My little night time snack. Because I do well limiting my meals during the day I can afford this little treat at night, but not every night, while watching netflix with my boyfriend.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a candy bar or gummy bears or some other sugary dietary abomination occasionally; I've made my peace with that. That doesn't mean those 300-600 calories have to be ENTIRELY wasted. Lot's of candy bars have at least a trivial amount of protein. Many of them have nuts with "good" fat in them. People always espouse the benefits of dark chocolate (though from what I've read that benefit caps out at by the time you've finished your first bite).

What I'm asking is: if I'm determined to eat the junk food, which one is going to get you the most bang for your buck nutrient wise?

Oh, and no protein or energy bars. I actually like them to some degree, but they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about items found in the straight up candy racks of your local grocery store. Things you would buy on your way into a movie.

The one you like the best that you want to eat the most that you can fit into your calorie defecit

seriously if 80% of your diet is nutrient rich you can afford to eat what you fancy the other 20%

me, I currently crave Crunchie Ice-creams, coated in chocolate with popping candy .. 230 calories I can fit in when I want to

othertimes I go for Quavers (chips)

depends on what I want
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One bars… just as good as candy bars. And the Special K meal replacement bars are pretty d@mn good too. But if you are determined to go for straight up candy… Snickers, 3 Musketeers, or Reeses Fast Break (do they still make those?) gets my vote. Snickers and the Reeses Fast Break have a decent amount of substance to them so I actually feel satisfied (probably the protein from the peanuts or the peanut butter). 3 Musketeers are just my all-time favorite. And because they tend to be lower in fat than some of the others, I can rationalize it!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    Zero candy bar. Don't let the name fool you though lol but it is my favorite candy bar
    Zero%20Bar.jpg[img][/img]

What is this? It looks so good. I bet we don't have it in Canada though.

I've only ever seen them in the US.

We do have a chocolate bar called Zero that isn't easy to find but omg it's awesome. Kind of a soft silky truffle-ish filling wrapped in chocolate. Light or dark varieties. And tastes even better if eaten frozen.