reboot with Juicing fast

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Careful, you might get thyroid.

Do you know anyone who has thyroid, though?
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same juice fast/"reboot" and tried to do the vegan thing after. I lost 63 pounds very quickly and within a year and a half, I had gained back 88 pounds. My opinion is....Eat real food, learn to eat it right and watch your calories, move more. I'm losing much more slowly now, but I'm 91 pounds down and see no end to this being the right way to go.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    scubamaja wrote: »
    A wise man said once: always look out what successful people doing to be successful and copy that...thats all! good luck

OP, take some of your own advice here. You have a lot of very successful (lost a lot of weight and have kept it off for a year or more without yo-yoing) telling you what you're doing might not be the best idea. Listen to them!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    firstsip wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Careful, you might get thyroid.

Do you know anyone who has thyroid, though?

*snort*
  • cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.
    I don't have any experience with juicing but I do have a few questions about detoxing.

Would you mind listing exactly which toxins you are ridding your body of? Specific names if possible.

I'm also curious about how you measure the levels of these various toxins in your body. I'm assuming you have some kind of before/after testing process?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    cerad2 wrote: »
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.
    I don't have any experience with juicing but I do have a few questions about detoxing.

Would you mind listing exactly which toxins you are ridding your body of? Specific names if possible.

I'm also curious about how you measure the levels of these various toxins in your body. I'm assuming you have some kind of before/after testing process?

Poop taste test.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    STILL WAITING ON THE OP FOR REFERENCES OTHER THAN NETFLIX.

Let me help you out...American Journal of Medicine blog:

http://amjmed.org/juicing-is-not-all-juicy/

http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(13)00344-6/abstract

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/08/reduce-type-2-diabetes-risk/

All with links to peer reviewed studies.

TL:DR Just say NO to juicing.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you are looking for ways to add protein to your juicing reboot, may I suggest...

bassomatic.jpg

tumblr_llx8cpDi5q1qkcqgio1_250.gif
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    If you are looking for ways to add protein to your juicing reboot, may I suggest...

bassomatic.jpg

tumblr_llx8cpDi5q1qkcqgio1_250.gif

This is one of my favorite sketches that fast rap patter and that little nod he gives at one point oh my god

I don't care if he believes that aliens put crystal skulls on the planet, I would date the heck out of 70s-80s Dan Ackroyd
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1600x1200.jpg
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    WTF is happening in here? I'm not sure anything is real anymore.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body?

Got it. So anyone who isn't juicing and eating a 100% liquefied plant based diet is eating McDonald's and Taco Bell constantly and drinks heavily. Just had to clarify that.
  • Demented76
    Options
    Admittedly I am a bored white woman who did indeed watch the movie. What can I say, I like documentaries. However I also watched the second one where he admitted to gaining back quite a bit of the weight and having to turn around and get it back off. The truck driver had gained most of his weight back as well and was not doing so hot. I also noticed a serious lack of thin people that looked healthy and young in his audiences, even among the ones that had tried juicing already. He was absolutely correct about the majority of our foods sadly lacking in nutrition after being overly processed. He was also correct about the confusion from the media regarding nutrition and diets. I have witnessed the media covering scientific findings only to turn around and cover another scientific research study that completely contradicts a previous one more times then I can count in my life time alone. Eat eggs, don't eat eggs, eat fat, don't eat fat, eliminate dairy... no wait that is not right either. However he then turned right around and proceeded to partake of a diet that eliminated all but one food group as well. I have finally reached a point in my life that I have decided to just eat all of the food groups in moderation. For the first time in my life I have not only been losing weight but maintaining the weight lost as well. Not with fad diets or pills but through gradual changes and consciously trying to make better choices while eating. I also added in more exercise. It has not happened over night but I feel better with each passing day. I have no intentions to juice or reboot. I would like to start cutting back on packaged foods and eat more produce though. Listen to your body and consult your Doctor because he was having blood work done on a regular basis throughout that movie. You could always try replacing one of your meals with the juicing method instead of a full on fast and still reap some serious health benefits. It is your body and your decision to make though. Even if it takes you a year or more to lose the weight don't forget that you will still be looking and feeling better along the way. As for fad diets just remember this... society once thought the Earth was flat and that blood letting was a cure all, so don't take anything to seriously lol!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body?

Got it. So anyone who isn't juicing and eating a 100% liquefied plant based diet is eating McDonald's and Taco Bell constantly and drinks heavily. Just had to clarify that.

That's what we like to call MFP Logic.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Demented76 wrote: »
    Admittedly I am a bored white woman who did indeed watch the movie. What can I say, I like documentaries. However I also watched the second one where he admitted to gaining back quite a bit of the weight and having to turn around and get it back off. The truck driver had gained most of his weight back as well and was not doing so hot. I also noticed a serious lack of thin people that looked healthy and young in his audiences, even among the ones that had tried juicing already. He was absolutely correct about the majority of our foods sadly lacking in nutrition after being overly processed. He was also correct about the confusion from the media regarding nutrition and diets. I have witnessed the media covering scientific findings only to turn around and cover another scientific research study that completely contradicts a previous one more times then I can count in my life time alone. Eat eggs, don't eat eggs, eat fat, don't eat fat, eliminate dairy... no wait that is not right either. However he then turned right around and proceeded to partake of a diet that eliminated all but one food group as well. I have finally reached a point in my life that I have decided to just eat all of the food groups in moderation. For the first time in my life I have not only been losing weight but maintaining the weight lost as well. Not with fad diets or pills but through gradual changes and consciously trying to make better choices while eating. I also added in more exercise. It has not happened over night but I feel better with each passing day. I have no intentions to juice or reboot. I would like to start cutting back on packaged foods and eat more produce though. Listen to your body and consult your Doctor because he was having blood work done on a regular basis throughout that movie. You could always try replacing one of your meals with the juicing method instead of a full on fast and still reap some serious health benefits. It is your body and your decision to make though. Even if it takes you a year or more to lose the weight don't forget that you will still be looking and feeling better along the way. As for fad diets just remember this... society once thought the Earth was flat and that blood letting was a cure all, so don't take anything to seriously lol!

I say this with complete sincerity (because usually I say it with sarcasm so I need to clarify this time) - Strong First Post.

• wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents....I've been juicing for almost three years now...yes...I said three years.
    I did a couple of 5 day reboot in the beginning, then just a green juice every day with real foods...just mostly fresh, organic and healthy foods. No processed foods. Continued my workouts and exercise. Some times added a few extra juices a week.
    Within 9 months I had lost 45 pounds and Dr took me off my pills. I was taking 5 pills a day..3 for hbp, 1 for hcholesterol and 1 for arthritis and was borderline diabetic.

I've been off all my meds for well over two years. My bp is fine, my cholesterol is fine, my triglycerides are perfect and I no longer hurt from arthritis.

I still have some weight I want to lose but my health has never been better and I feel so much better.

It's not just a weight thing, it's a health thing.

While a reboot may not be for everyone...just as most things are not...it can work for some of us.

People can be so rude...esp if they know not what they speak of...

Have a wonderful day! ;)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 day detox at the beginning of the year, and I did get the horrible headaches with caffeine and junk food withdrawl, but by day 5 I felt absolutely brilliant! I did miss eating solid foods, therefore made the choice to have a juice with my breakfast and eat regular healthy meals. I did have a weightloss and only gained a few pounds when I began eating regular food, but that is to be expected.

Alot of people dismissing the idea of juicing, and I admit to being skeptical at first until I tried it for the 5 days, I have seen the fanstastic results that my friends are having, they look healthier than they have done and years, energy has increased tenfold and they have had a great weightloss. Yes they do also eat normal healthy meals with juices, but like to follow 5 or 7 day juicing days.

Each to their own, why slate someones choices and be rude?

Well done!

Umm, because the OP asked for feedback?

• MellonSoda
    Options
    I think I'd die if I tried to do this. Not from starvation. From boredom. I like my meals. But hats off to anyone that can do this.