Not Scary Enough.. :(

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all things horror, and it's difficult to find a movie that truly scares me...but the card scene from the 1981 version of The Evil Dead still freaks me out to this day. Movie is one of my favs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKR5KdHPiSI

Classic movie and one every horror buff should see. Althought I tried watching the remake a few days ago and either it's not that great or I had a massive ADHD attack and lost interest quick.

No, I agree..20 minutes in and I was bored. Definitely a movie that should not have been remade. The new version of Carrie is supposed to be released on October 18th, 2013, I plan to watch it but I highly doubt it will be better than the original.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all things horror, and it's difficult to find a movie that truly scares me...but the card scene from the 1981 version of The Evil Dead still freaks me out to this day. Movie is one of my favs.

Classic movie and one every horror buff should see. Althought I tried watching the remake a few days ago and either it's not that great or I had a massive ADHD attack and lost interest quick.

No, I agree..20 minutes in and I was bored. Definitely a movie that should not have been remade. The new version of Carrie is supposed to be released on October 18th, 2013, I plan to watch it but I highly doubt it will be better than the original.

Such a shame since even Bruce Campbell himself was hyping that movie.
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Twilight series.

Not scary, but a great thriller---> bone collector and SE7EN !!!!!!

Also, anyone think that new movie Purge, looks any good?
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to watch scary movies since having kids. I used to hate them, but love them. Enjoyed the movies, hated going to bed after.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Thank U.
    I always appreciate the links. :flowerforyou:
    Um, that reminded me of a haunted house I used to go to.
    The "Scary" floating woman did not impress me.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    "Orphan" really freaked me out. It's more of a psychological horror. I really like to be scared and that one got me. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" was pretty good. Good luck!;)
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    The orphan!
  • Cp731
    Options
    It may fail to deliver but I liked the Rite.
    Any of the exorcism movies that seem realistic are scary to me. The Rite delivers.

Ow! The trailer looks good.
    My prob with these movies is the religion factor.
    Im not into all the Catholosism references.
    My grandma always said when I acted out, it was the devil coming out of me. :explode:
    Also, I have a hard time separating church and being possessed.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to watch scary movies since having kids. I used to hate them, but love them. Enjoyed the movies, hated going to bed after.

For me it wasn't going to bed, it was waking up in the middle of the night and then being irrationally afraid of ever little noise I hear or think I hear. I hate it when I can't convince my emotions that they are being ridiculous.
  • Cp731
    Options
    "Orphan" really freaked me out. It's more of a psychological horror. I really like to be scared and that one got me. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" was pretty good. Good luck!;)

I watched that on T.V pretty effed up, I found it comical. haha~that little witch hahaha
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Twilight series.

Not scary, but a great thriller---> bone collector and SE7EN !!!!!!

Also, anyone think that new movie Purge, looks any good?

oh... no.no no. just no.

tumblr_mdxihyofaW1qdn14l.gif
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I agree with The Rite and Insidious. However I'm not sure how you're bored with Sinister; I don't know what it was but that movie got to me. :/
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love scary movies! Here are the ones that have scared me the most, although everyone's different but you could check them out:

In the Mouth of Madness
    The Mothman Prophecies

I agree with The Exorcism of Emily Rose....freaked me out!!!

I'm also terrified of Fire In the Sky--but "little green men" aliens are my biggest fear lol so if they don't bother you than you may not find it as scary.

Hope you find some good ones! :happy:
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    anything that could possibly be real scares the bajeezus out of me. I just can't do it.
  • linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wolf Creek. Never want to watch that again, ever.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Insidious is another good one; Sinister was more of a mind f**k movie. You spend the whole thing wondering what the heck is going on. I also thought The Possession was good. Not down right scary but a bit freaky. It doesn't help that I'm also a bit biased towards Sam Raimi's movies. His other movie Drag Me to Hell was also pretty decent for the cheap jump scares.

Tonight I also found out there is a Pulse 3. The second one wasn't so great but it's a direct sequal so I'll check it out just to see where the story goes. Heck that's the only reason I still watch the Paranormal Activity movies.
  • Cp731
    Options
    I agree with The Rite and Insidious. However I'm not sure how you're bored with Sinister; I don't know what it was but that movie got to me. :/

Sinister had great great story..
    I was impressed with the acting and the actors. The guy from Special Victims surprised me with his cameo.
    I felt like it kinda went on and on with only a few riveting scenes.
    I was bummed that those few scenes didn't led into more fear factor, I got excited, then it bailed.
    The movie was entertaining just not scary.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Most recent movies I've watched that aren't bad and actually made me a little nervous:

Dark skies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8iLp1xQtPQ

And Mama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPgMEePkXU

Good luck finding something! :smile:
  • Cp731
    Options
    Wolf Creek. Never want to watch that again, ever.

OMG, YESS!!
    YES
    YES
    YES
    IM getting this tomorrow no matter what.
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

best trailer ive seen all night
  • Cp731
    Options
    http://youtu.be/8yBWq-75DX0~Black Water looks amazing too.

:glasses: