Not Scary Enough.. :(

Options

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dunno if this was already suggested but check out Pet Sematary.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wolf Creek. Never want to watch that again, ever.

I loved Wolf Creek! Drag me to hell made me jump (unusual) and the grudge freaked me out!!!

My Little Eye used to scare me but I've watched it too much now :grumble:

One of the goriest films I've watched is I spit on your grave (remake) but please check out trailer/ description before watching as content is not for everyone.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I've watched gory horror movies as long as I can remember they are my favorite, but the new Evil Dead was just plain gross, I've never felt sick to my stomach from a movie before and I did at this one.

It just came out so not in redbox yet, but if you want gore, watch away.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=evil+dead+2013+trailer&oq=evil+dead+2013+&gs_l=hp.3.0.0j0i20l2j0l7.26736.29385.0.30314.6.6.0.0.0.0.117.601.3j3.6.0.cpsugrcchhmlt..0.0...1.1.15.hp.TMbGIgMtd4Q
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i think all the final destination films are pretty freaky, more psycological though, the 5th one is horrible the only problem is they are predictable so you know when to look away lol. i prefer scifi thrillers though like dream house, shutter island and the beach is pretty scary to. number 23 with jim carey, or case 39 with renee zelwegger. everyone has different things that scare them though.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Sinister!!!

I thought Insidious was boring. I think I fell asleep. Maybe I should try to watch it again.

My husband thinks I have a mental problem because of some of the movies I will watch (they can be pretty disturbing, although you wouldn't really know it just by reading the description). I'll look at my queue and list some.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    28 Days/Weeks Later!

I am a huge zombie fan but those movies seem so realistic they do scare me. xD

I like horror movies, but I am also so paranoid to watch a lot of them. I value my sleep and what sanity I have. lol

Though some movies on here already listed didn't really phase me at all. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, yeah, didn't scare me at all. Excorist movies don't bother me either. Guess because I don't believe in possession and all.

Yet, movies about clowns and killer dolls freak me the fook out. >.>

Overall though, it is the movies/horror that seems the most real and likely to happen that really get to me and mess with my brain.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My other half showed me a clip of Grave Encounters 2 and that freaked me out that it's in the download queue :happy: and I can't watch any horror film involving spiders because....no!

Old skool horror and Asian horror films are the best ones

The Human Centipede made me ill and I regret watching it :sick:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    REC- it's a the original Spanish Quarantine.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Also, Cannibal Holocaust... it's effed right up though.. like Honestly.. it screwed me up mentally for a while. The director was actually arrested and tried for murder because he paid the actors to disappear following the release of it to make it seem more realistic.

Also Ichi the killer.. also really effed up.
  • raqalex
    raqalex Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh i have to agree REC was creepy. Oh and if you are up for it you should check out shutter, its a thai horror movie and its creepy as hell. Here is the link to the trailer ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvqWrkdZqn4
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i love horror movies but im forever disappointed. the Exorcist scared the hell out of me as a kid, and still creeps me out to this day...but now nothing compares. some of the "super scary" movies that people have raved about to me havent been scary at all to me- either downright stupid or just interesting. some of the ones i liked tho:

Insidious. The Ring. The Exorcism of Emily Rose (I dont know why its always on the $5 rack). IT (scared me as a kid). I thought "the Devil Inside" was actually entertaining even tho it got horrible reviews. i thought the Paranormal Activitys were bad until i saw 3- and thought that was spooky.

just some good ones that arent scary at all but i liked them: 1408, Constantine, the old favs like Carrie and the Shining, Stigmata, Skeleton Key, and the Strangers
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree with The Rite and Insidious. However I'm not sure how you're bored with Sinister; I don't know what it was but that movie got to me. :/

Sinister had great great story..
    I was impressed with the acting and the actors. The guy from Special Victims surprised me with his cameo.
    I felt like it kinda went on and on with only a few riveting scenes.
    I was bummed that those few scenes didn't led into more fear factor, I got excited, then it bailed.
    The movie was entertaining just not scary.

oohhh getting Sinister from Netflix!
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    There is a Turkish Horror movie called semum ..its about exorcists and possession its really scary
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There's a japanese horror film called shutter that is terrifying. Maybe give that a go :)
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The two recent ones that messed with my head were:

Funny Games
    Mothers Day

I felt wrong for a long time after watching both movies.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    bumping for more suggestions
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Horror movies never scare me.The last movies that scared me was the Ring and Jurassic park .
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my favourites: Insidious, V/H/S, The Descent + The Descent part 2, 1408, The Tunnel (AU film), Grave Encounters + Grave encounters 2, [Rec] + [Rec]2, Atrocious, Session 9, Livide.

Also, 'Shutter', the original Japanese film w/ subtitles, is good.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why gory movies are considered "scary". Gross, yes. Disturbing, sure. Off-putting, absolutely. But is anyone here actually AFRAID of blood? I'd bet not.

TCM was entertaining, but certainly not scary. Same goes for all nineteen Saw movies; I'll cringe as I watch a girl's scalp yanked off, but I'm not going to lose sleep at night, afraid Jigsaw is coming after me.

What REALLY scared me was The Ring. Something about that dripping wet little girl crawling out of the tv.... :noway: (I had seen Poltergeist at a too-young age to begin with, so I'd already had issues with tvs to begin with, lol) The Grudge was pretty good too, as well as The Haunting in Connecticut.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've watched House of Wax, Jeepers Creepers, 28 Weeks Later, The Bogeyman, and Red Eye; and they scared the sh** out of me.