New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Turnips. Surprisingly good roasted.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Anyone have pics of the new quest bars? Or are they being sent in sample in those "dummy wrappers"?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Anyone have pics of the new quest bars? Or are they being sent in sample in those "dummy wrappers"?

All except the cereal bars came in plain white wrappers with a sticker with the nutritional label on it.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks - was wondering why I couldn't find pics anywhere online...!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    x4zbkozxjisb.jpg

Opened this today. Remember how I said before that the walnut milk was the best nut milk that I had ever had? This blows it out of the water. Seriously. It tastes like slightly less sweet melted pistachio ice cream. I don't care how much this stuff costs in a typical grocery store, but you need to try it, if you haven't already. Delicious!

I've never seen this brand. Interesting.

Just not sure I'd really have much of a use for those, lol. Even almond milk stays forever in my fridge as I only use it in oatmeal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    x4zbkozxjisb.jpg

Opened this today. Remember how I said before that the walnut milk was the best nut milk that I had ever had? This blows it out of the water. Seriously. It tastes like slightly less sweet melted pistachio ice cream. I don't care how much this stuff costs in a typical grocery store, but you need to try it, if you haven't already. Delicious!

I've never seen this brand. Interesting.

Just not sure I'd really have much of a use for those, lol. Even almond milk stays forever in my fridge as I only use it in oatmeal.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    x4zbkozxjisb.jpg

Told you this was my fav!! awesome in cereal to, gives awesome flavor! Just wish the grocery stores around here carried it.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    97invt.jpg

For half, it's about the same amount of calories as a CLIF bar. I thought it was pretty good-a little bit of a protein bar taste, but it was a lot like a big soft cookie and I'm looking forward to trying other flavors. It was a nice change because I've tried basically all of the CLIF bar and KIND bar flavors my grocery store carries.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Weird, I didn't find it any drier than a normal cereal bar by Quaker or similar.

I tried the new blueberry muffin flavour (of normal protein bars). Strong corn taste, as usual for new Quest bars. It's very similar to the white chocolate raspberry, but blueberries and some added "pastry"(?) bits. I bet it would have been great with the old formula, but the corn fiber taste ruins it for me.

I like the cereal bars (I think by Post) that are supposed to have a serving of milk or something in them. I've only had Quaker granola bars (chewy and non chewy) and Nature Valley granola bars (thank god they made them easier to bite into!) and, at least, the Quaker granola bars have maybe something breaking up the "bar" part (like chocolate chips or whatever) so that might help.

I think yours is the first negative review I've seen of the blueberry muffin bar. I was waivering between trying it or not since I'm not a huge blueberry fan (they're usually too tart for me) but I was hearing the muffin part actually tasted like a muffin.

I don't really hate the corn fiber formula so that wouldn't be an issue.

It's not really meant as a negative review. It's good for a new formula Quest bar. I just don't care for the corn fiber taste and so none are that good to me anymore. If it doesn't bother you and you like the white choc raspberry one you will probably like it. I didn't notice the flavour of the muffin bits though. Also the blueberries are not tart at all - its sweeter than the raspberry.

LOL well at least a less glowing review than all the others. But, yeah, I was like that when I tried the original bbq chips. They were a bolder taste than I like.

Sooooooo, 4 of the 5 items I wanted to buy were in finally stock at the same time yesterday. The only thing missing was that blueberry bar. I only wanted to buy a couple single bars of each flavor but was getting REALLY tired of checking in on the website multiple times a day so just bit the bullet and bought the variety pack (along with the chips I wanted). I wasn't happy I couldn't find a free shipping/discount code that worked that I hadn't already used too. :)

One more tmi thing about that cinnamon protein crunch bar. I already have gastrointestinal issues but they ended up being excessive the next day. I don't know if it's that new sugar they're using or the fact my fiber was up to 21 g (I usually keep it lower) but it was very.....forceful. :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Tried a new-to-me yogurt today.

Should preface this by saying that I am not in general a fan of yogurt. At least, not of what is typically sold in the US. A couple of years ago I did have some I really liked on a trip to France. Stupid me did not take note of the brand, however. I've tried a couple of 'European-style' yogurts since and they've not been that great. I've even tried some imported from France, and I didn't care for them.

Anywho, here's what I found on sale:

traderspointcreamery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/quart_vanilla_yogurt.jpg

I bought the 5oz jar.

I really like it. Similar texture to the French yogurt I liked, but a bit thinner. Pleasant vanilla taste, a touch sweeter than my ideal but still very good - can really taste the milk, which I like. May have to go back and pick up a few more.

Oh, I also picked up a new Skyyr-type yogurt (also on sale). Will try that tomorrow, probably. And will probably hate it like I've hated every one of those types of yogurts I've tried :smile:
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Snack pack pudding bars... OMG
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    x4zbkozxjisb.jpg

I looked for this or the walnut milk at Krogers today but couldn't find it. :(

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Canned asparagus and spinach is so much NO. I feel sorry for those plants that died and ended up in a can like that. What a waste. RIP. :'(
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Weird, I didn't find it any drier than a normal cereal bar by Quaker or similar.

I tried the new blueberry muffin flavour (of normal protein bars). Strong corn taste, as usual for new Quest bars. It's very similar to the white chocolate raspberry, but blueberries and some added "pastry"(?) bits. I bet it would have been great with the old formula, but the corn fiber taste ruins it for me.

I like the cereal bars (I think by Post) that are supposed to have a serving of milk or something in them. I've only had Quaker granola bars (chewy and non chewy) and Nature Valley granola bars (thank god they made them easier to bite into!) and, at least, the Quaker granola bars have maybe something breaking up the "bar" part (like chocolate chips or whatever) so that might help.

I think yours is the first negative review I've seen of the blueberry muffin bar. I was waivering between trying it or not since I'm not a huge blueberry fan (they're usually too tart for me) but I was hearing the muffin part actually tasted like a muffin.

I don't really hate the corn fiber formula so that wouldn't be an issue.

It's not really meant as a negative review. It's good for a new formula Quest bar. I just don't care for the corn fiber taste and so none are that good to me anymore. If it doesn't bother you and you like the white choc raspberry one you will probably like it. I didn't notice the flavour of the muffin bits though. Also the blueberries are not tart at all - its sweeter than the raspberry.

LOL well at least a less glowing review than all the others. But, yeah, I was like that when I tried the original bbq chips. They were a bolder taste than I like.

Sooooooo, 4 of the 5 items I wanted to buy were in finally stock at the same time yesterday. The only thing missing was that blueberry bar. I only wanted to buy a couple single bars of each flavor but was getting REALLY tired of checking in on the website multiple times a day so just bit the bullet and bought the variety pack (along with the chips I wanted). I wasn't happy I couldn't find a free shipping/discount code that worked that I hadn't already used too. :)

One more tmi thing about that cinnamon protein crunch bar. I already have gastrointestinal issues but they ended up being excessive the next day. I don't know if it's that new sugar they're using or the fact my fiber was up to 21 g (I usually keep it lower) but it was very.....forceful. :)

I didn't get any digestive issues from the bar, though I was slightly worried that I might. I'm sensitive to sugar alcohols, but I guess this is different. Though the bar does also include erythritol and doesn't list the amount...
  • stealthq
    Options
    These had thick bits of spices(?) and possibly bone inside of them. When I bit into one and felt a crunch, I was super worried that I had broken a tooth as soon as I heard that little crunch, but nope... Just hard stuff. I think it was either bone or plastic. Eugh.
    Peach-Jerk_light.jpg

Given that I've had plenty of Applegate's sausages, liked them, and never had anything like bone or plastic in them, I'm going to guess those hard pieces might actually be peach. If you look at the ingredients, peach is the 2nd listed.

Mind you, I wouldn't find it appealing to bite into hard/crunchy tasteless peach bits either. Think I'll skip this variety.
  • stealthq
    Options
    So, I tried the Icelandic yogurt I mentioned yesterday. I like it. WTF?

The brand is Smari, I got the vanilla flavor. It's nonfat, I don't think there was a choice for full fat at the store. But the big thing is that it isn't sour, and while it has a bit of the chalky taste that Greek yogurt does, it isn't enough to bother me.

Should make a good snack for 110 cals and 16g protein. Cool.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    sugarfree_hazelnut.png

This is a new to me product. I have never bought anything from Torani and resisted for a long time because of price and commitment issues, blahblahblah.

Anyway, it was $4.99 at Fred Meyer, so I finally broke down and bought some. I decided to try it last night in my Greek yogurt last night. Serving size is 2TBLS...OK, I'll put in 1TBLS in my 1.5c of Greek yogurt and see how it goes.

I'll probably come off as an utterly dumb Torani n00b, but my god is that stuff strong. It completely overwhelmed the flavor of the yogurt and the chocolate syrup I added to it. Not that it was bad, I was just not expecting it to be so overpowering when I only used half of a serving. I thought I could make a Nutellaish flavor with the hazelnut and chocolate syrup, but it basically just tasted like hazelnut with a hint of chocolate.

Lesson learned, this morning, I made a 8oz cup of instant coffee and put in 1TSP of the hazelnut syrup. That was just right. I couldn't imagine putting more in it. Since price was a factor in my decision not to buy before, I think it is a pleasant surprise to know that a bottle would most likely last me quite awhile since I don't have to use nearly as much as the serving size suggests.

Has anyone had the sugarfree white chocolate/chocolate syrups that can tell me how they are? I almost bought the white chocolate, but wussed out.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @CrabNebula I LOVE torani! I go through it like crazy. I add a few tbsp to my coffee every morning. I have never tried it in yogurt or in food though. I love the white chocolate. The chocolate has a weird taste to it. I am surprised you found it so sweet. I add 3tbsp to 16oz coffee (plus sweetener lol). My other favorites are the vanilla, salted caramel, caramel, white chocolate, coconut, pumpkin pie, irish cream. The almond flavor has a bad "fake almond extract" taste that I don't like.

t54gxp4v483f.png

Want to try these powdered nut butters. They come in honey pb, chocolate, regular and salted caramel. I eat a ton of PB2, so would like to try different flavors. I may order and let you guys know.