New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    was able to try the red velvet halo top today... for breakfast.. haha! Went to pick up my friend to go get breakfast and she found a pint! Let me preface that i love anything red velvet so im easy to please....

so

damn

good.

she said she found it at the new and only shop rite here in San Diego.

.. that is not fair. Mine didn't have it yet a couple days ago.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Decided to try pumpkin purée in place of applesauce following the recipe from Lil Buff Bakery in their regular cake mix and also in Kodiak Cake's Dark Chocolate Cake mix (I was out of Lil Buff Bakery's cocoa crave mix). I actually prefer the pumpkin when mixed with their regular mix more so than their "pumpkin" flavor which I didn't find sweet at all. The texture was so much better with the regular mix, go figure. Kodiak cakes chocolate mixed with the pumpkin was really good, but it was a bit mushy and bland, it didn't really mix well and I probably won't make it again. But if anyone gets Lil Buff Bakery's cake mix anytime soon get the regular and make it with pumpkin instead of apple sauce!

rrekr5txeois.jpg
    0azkxmpgvgix.jpg

Aren't those cakes made with Kodiak mixes kinda bland? I mean, the mixes themselves are not sweet at all... although I've been meaning to try to mix some pumpkin and spices with the Frontier mix.

I only used the Kodiak cakes for the chocolate, the others were Lil Buff Bakery's cake mixes. Last time I made a Kodiak cake like this I used unsweetened applesauce which did sweeten it a little, but the pumpkin didn't do much. There was a mild sweetness from the chocolate chips but it was all very subtle, and though the flavors went together nicely I would either need to add a sweetener next time or go back to Lil Buff Bakery's mixes
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    29176936814_6386370f08_z.jpg?resize=640%2C479&ssl=1
    I tried this because it was cheap. I liked the mix ins, but the yogurt itself left a lot to be desired. Mixing is also pretty annoying because I end up making a little mess of graham crackers and chocolate.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    was able to try the red velvet halo top today... for breakfast.. haha! Went to pick up my friend to go get breakfast and she found a pint! Let me preface that i love anything red velvet so im easy to please....

so

damn

good.

she said she found it at the new and only shop rite here in San Diego.

.. that is not fair. Mine didn't have it yet a couple days ago.

she daid it was the only new flavor so maybe its just taking time to slowly roll out everywhere. i havent seent jt anywhere yet.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I went to Whole Foods today on my Halo Top quest. No new flavors . . . :'(
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    amfkid.png
    Wasn't expecting much, but this was actually really good. Good piece of chicken and the veggies were really tasty.

el2lu9.jpg
    Not new, but new to me since I tried it for the first time recently. It's Magnolia Bakery's banana pudding and it's DELICIOUS. So creamy and addicting.

33z6y6e.jpg
    I didn't think this was anything special. Tried it to try a different brand, but I like Chobani flips way more.
  • Francl27
    Options

33z6y6e.jpg
    I didn't think this was anything special. Tried it to try a different brand, but I like Chobani flips way more.

Same here, which was kinda odd and disappointing. I love the caramel one though.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Saw these today bought one to try. I like that they are a bit smaller than the vega one bars. Don't have high hopes but we will see ghi64aixv29wb67.jpg

I got one of these in Amazon Prime Mr. Olympia box https://smile.amazon.com/Olympia-Sample-samples-nutrition-purchase/dp/B01BZV5SOU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1476452023&sr=8-1&keywords=mr.+olympia+sample+box. I wouldn't normally pick one of these up because of the macro to calories and pea protein but I was pretty satisfied with this. The crunchy chewy texture hid any grit the pea protein may have had. I also don't like much nuts in my bars either but they made me enjoy that, too! I would actually buy one of these again it was so good. A great snack bar with some protein that is vegan friendly, major props.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Liberte Organic Whole Milk Yogurt

v3lcc27m59pd.jpg

Coconut and Pomegranate are my favorite flavors. I used to regularly eat no-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt and pair it with some chocolate, and it had been a while since I'd eaten regular yogurt. My local Publix had a promotion on Liberte Yogurt a short while back, so I bought them, and wow. I'd forgotten just how great whole milk yogurt tasted! While I still think low-fat Greek yogurt tastes good, I now aim for full fat Greek yogurt, and I make room for non-Greek full fat yogurt as often as I want. I've also tried Noosa, Brown Cow, Stonyfield, Oh My Yog! Yogurt, and Publix brand Indulgent and Greek yogurts, when sales came out for them, but Liberte Yogurt tops all of them. Yeah. The protein is not high, but the yogurt helps me reach my fat and calcium goals, and it's too good to not eat.
    I tried Redwood Farms Goat Yogurt, and I did not like that one. Ick.
  • stacbbw
    stacbbw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I've tried the protein chips from quest. They aren't bad. I never have the desire to eat the whole bag. Usually will just have a few chips and the craving for chips is satisfied.
  • Francl27
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Liberte Organic Whole Milk Yogurt

v3lcc27m59pd.jpg

Coconut and Pomegranate are my favorite flavors. I used to regularly eat no-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt and pair it with some chocolate, and it had been a while since I'd eaten regular yogurt. My local Publix had a promotion on Liberte Yogurt a short while back, so I bought them, and wow. I'd forgotten just how great whole milk yogurt tasted! While I still think low-fat Greek yogurt tastes good, I now aim for full fat Greek yogurt, and I make room for non-Greek full fat yogurt as often as I want. I've also tried Noosa, Brown Cow, Stonyfield, Oh My Yog! Yogurt, and Publix brand Indulgent and Greek yogurts, when sales came out for them, but Liberte Yogurt tops all of them. Yeah. The protein is not high, but the yogurt helps me reach my fat and calcium goals, and it's too good to not eat.
    I tried Redwood Farms Goat Yogurt, and I did not like that one. Ick.

I used to love Liberté yogurts! Now the price tag stops me though, and they're hard to find. They have Greek varieties now I believe?
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

33z6y6e.jpg

Same here, which was kinda odd and disappointing. I love the caramel one though.

I LOVE the caramel one too! I've tried pretty much every other caramel yogurt out there, including Noosa and I still like this one the best. I've only tried the coconut one in the Fage crossovers (haven't tried any others because tomato basil or olive oil yogurt does not appeal to me) and yeah, the coconut is just...meh.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

33z6y6e.jpg

I LOVE the caramel one too! I've tried pretty much every other caramel yogurt out there, including Noosa and I still like this one the best. I've only tried the coconut one in the Fage crossovers (haven't tried any others because tomato basil or olive oil yogurt does not appeal to me) and yeah, the coconut is just...meh.

Have you tried the carrot ginger flavor?

Giant at another location had no new Halo Top so I bought two Birthday Cake. Anyone find any of the new Paleo meals Wal-Mart is supposed to carry?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Out of morbid curiosity: I'm surprised no one is proclaiming the virtues of the Enlightened Ice Cream brand. I had the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, and it's *kitten*ing delicious! And, it didn't run through my system like Halo Top does. Just curious...

d91gg6qqdzs5.jpg
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Out of morbid curiosity: I'm surprised no one is proclaiming the virtues of the Enlightened Ice Cream brand. I had the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, and it's *kitten*ing delicious! And, it didn't run through my system like Halo Top does. Just curious...

d91gg6qqdzs5.jpg

I just can't find it anywhere! :cry:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »

d91gg6qqdzs5.jpg

I always stock up whenever Shoprite has a sale on these pints. I have a very unhealthy relationship with their Frozen Hot Chocolate and Triple Chocolate flavor, although I really do love them all so much x)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Raynne413 wrote: »

d91gg6qqdzs5.jpg

I always stock up whenever Shoprite has a sale on these pints. I have a very unhealthy relationship with their Frozen Hot Chocolate and Triple Chocolate flavor, although I really do love them all so much x)

Unfortunately, Memphis is behind the times in everything. I am surprised I can find Halo Top (although I can't find any of the new flavors).