New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like Enlightened but there's definitely some aftertaste for me!
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

33z6y6e.jpg
    I didn't think this was anything special. Tried it to try a different brand, but I like Chobani flips way more.

Same here, which was kinda odd and disappointing. I love the caramel one though.

I LOVE the caramel one too! I've tried pretty much every other caramel yogurt out there, including Noosa and I still like this one the best. I've only tried the coconut one in the Fage crossovers (haven't tried any others because tomato basil or olive oil yogurt does not appeal to me) and yeah, the coconut is just...meh.

Have you tried the carrot ginger flavor?

Giant at another location had no new Halo Top so I bought two Birthday Cake. Anyone find any of the new Paleo meals Wal-Mart is supposed to carry?

I saw the Paleo meals Thursday at my local Walmart. I was going to try a couple but the price tag stopped me. The single meals were $5 and they had "family" meals for $12ish.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Liberte Organic Whole Milk Yogurt

v3lcc27m59pd.jpg

Coconut and Pomegranate are my favorite flavors. I used to regularly eat no-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt and pair it with some chocolate, and it had been a while since I'd eaten regular yogurt. My local Publix had a promotion on Liberte Yogurt a short while back, so I bought them, and wow. I'd forgotten just how great whole milk yogurt tasted! While I still think low-fat Greek yogurt tastes good, I now aim for full fat Greek yogurt, and I make room for non-Greek full fat yogurt as often as I want. I've also tried Noosa, Brown Cow, Stonyfield, Oh My Yog! Yogurt, and Publix brand Indulgent and Greek yogurts, when sales came out for them, but Liberte Yogurt tops all of them. Yeah. The protein is not high, but the yogurt helps me reach my fat and calcium goals, and it's too good to not eat.
    I tried Redwood Farms Goat Yogurt, and I did not like that one. Ick.

I love love love liberte! I only get it when it is on sale, though.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Went out to try Denny's new pumpkin cream pancakes tonight. I had very high expectations but honestly I have no desire to get them again, very subtle and I prefer something sweeter. I still think their new buttermilk pancake recipe is so good and reminds me of a vanilla-y birthday cake flavor, whereas the pumpkin didn't have this and tasted like they took pumpkin puree and blended it with whipped cream and some pumpkin spice for the cream topping. If you like subtle pancakes and more of an authentic pumpkin flavor, you'd like it. I'm sticking to IHOP's pumpkin pancakes this season ;)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Went to two Kroger stores today-no new Halo Top flavors in stock but plenty of open shelf space for them....this is encouraging. It's on sale so I bought one of each flavor even though they aren't the new flavors....grrr.

I will wait.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

33z6y6e.jpg
    I didn't think this was anything special. Tried it to try a different brand, but I like Chobani flips way more.

Same here, which was kinda odd and disappointing. I love the caramel one though.

I LOVE the caramel one too! I've tried pretty much every other caramel yogurt out there, including Noosa and I still like this one the best. I've only tried the coconut one in the Fage crossovers (haven't tried any others because tomato basil or olive oil yogurt does not appeal to me) and yeah, the coconut is just...meh.

Have you tried the carrot ginger flavor?

Giant at another location had no new Halo Top so I bought two Birthday Cake. Anyone find any of the new Paleo meals Wal-Mart is supposed to carry?

I got the Beetnik Grassfed Chili & Sweet Potatoes one, but I haven't tried it yet. Looks good, though. I was originally going to buy one of the Simply Plated ones, but they weren't organic and the package didn't indicate how the meat was raised and they were just as expensive. Walmart also had the new Mikey's Paleo Bread and pizza crusts that I tried at Expo and though we're amazing. They also had tags for some kind of new Frozen Paleo cookie dough, but they didn't have any stocked. $10-ish dollars for a package of the cookie dough.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

v3lcc27m59pd.jpg

Coconut and Pomegranate are my favorite flavors. I used to regularly eat no-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt and pair it with some chocolate, and it had been a while since I'd eaten regular yogurt. My local Publix had a promotion on Liberte Yogurt a short while back, so I bought them, and wow. I'd forgotten just how great whole milk yogurt tasted! While I still think low-fat Greek yogurt tastes good, I now aim for full fat Greek yogurt, and I make room for non-Greek full fat yogurt as often as I want. I've also tried Noosa, Brown Cow, Stonyfield, Oh My Yog! Yogurt, and Publix brand Indulgent and Greek yogurts, when sales came out for them, but Liberte Yogurt tops all of them. Yeah. The protein is not high, but the yogurt helps me reach my fat and calcium goals, and it's too good to not eat.

I used to love Liberté yogurts! Now the price tag stops me though, and they're hard to find. They have Greek varieties now I believe?

Really? I've never seen any Greek varieties at any of the stores I shop. After looking it up online, I don't see the Greek yogurts on the LiberteUSA website, but I do see it on their Canada and UK websites. No fair!

v3lcc27m59pd.jpg

I love love love liberte! I only get it when it is on sale, though.

Seriously! I can't believe it's almost $2 for just one! Same here! I especially love when they're buy one get one free, AND I happen to also have a coupon on hand. I stock up for as much I can eat before the expiration dates.
  • hgycta
    Options
    p8ggc3j247xk.jpg

I know a ton of other people already know about this, but I just tried it for the first time and can't believe how much it tastes and feels like thin mints! What other flavors do you guys recommend or warn against trying?
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    29176936814_6386370f08_z.jpg?resize=640%2C479&ssl=1
    I tried this because it was cheap. I liked the mix ins, but the yogurt itself left a lot to be desired. Mixing is also pretty annoying because I end up making a little mess of graham crackers and chocolate.

The ginger snap one of these is quite good the yogurt is great on it's own.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    mpyiqf8yovyz.jpg

0bbx2skz3hua.jpg

The pizza was delicious.. And super duper filling. All I had was two slices and was satiated where as a regular Id eat half

I dipped them in greek yogurt

As for the twinkies theyre a little expensive and obviously high in cals for me to actually try but they did catch my eye :wink:
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Duhh wrong thread
  • joans1976
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    p8ggc3j247xk.jpg

I know a ton of other people already know about this, but I just tried it for the first time and can't believe how much it tastes and feels like thin mints! What other flavors do you guys recommend or warn against trying?

I die a little inside (in a good way) every time I eat the Balance Caramel Dulce de Leche. Haven't tried any other flavors but the caramel is heaven.

• joans1976
    Options
    Just got back from Kroger. They had all the new Halo Top flavors. I picked up Oatmeal Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, S'mores, Pistachio and Sea Salt Caramel. Can't wait to try them!

Lucky you! I went to 2 different Kroger Friday-not in stock. Maybe they stock in Sunday's?
    Please report back in your thoughts @lissadecker
    TIA!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried these Paleo or Pegan Protein bars? The Pegan bars have 0 sodium which is intriguing to me.

http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-protein-bars/?gclid=CL_Q2uu34M8CFckehgodWqoIRQ
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Anyone tried these Paleo or Pegan Protein bars? The Pegan bars have 0 sodium which is intriguing to me.

http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-protein-bars/?gclid=CL_Q2uu34M8CFckehgodWqoIRQ

I tried a Julian Bakery paleo bar in Glazed Donut...one of the worst things I've ever had in my mouth. Tasted like soap.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

yes! I did a review on some flavors awhile ago but only tried the sunflower seed butter, cinnamon raisin, and chocolate. I loved the sunflower seed butter, the texture worked for sunflower seed flavor but hated the others. Weird texture and taste. Would not buy again.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Tried the Nitro Tech Crunch bars today in birthday cake and cinnamon roll. Both were delicious and so much better than their chocolate peanut butter flavor, not sure where that one went wrong. Don't think I'd get it again though since they're a little heavy for me and malitol doesn't agree with my stomach all the time.

Speaking of malitol, I also ended up getting Project 7's new Pumpkin Spice Delight Gum. I really liked it... for the five seconds that the flavor lasted xD so good just wish it wouldn't fade so fast!
    dklagqwreand.jpg