New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Good News: Oreo O's are coming back this June!!!! Bad News: I heard it's going to be at Walmart, which (mine at least) never did get that Malt-o-Meal cereal similar to it, so they BETTER have this!!!
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a53419/oreo-os-comeback/
    apl0awiyosgd.png

Oh sure. RIGHT when they put the malt o meal version on the walmart website (it's been out of stock for a long time tho).

I wonder how different tasting the regular Oreo cereal is compared to the MOM brand?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Speaking of oreos....
    qs4m9miqaewj.jpg

Confirmed for this weekend at Walmart. The center is raspberry flavored which I'm not too fond of but I'll probably end up trying anyway. :)

I think I'll pass on this flavor, but might end up purchasing the Caramel Thins if the reviews are good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The first week of July I'm taking a two week vacation to Florida with my family and we're turning the power off to save money, which means we have to use up what's left in the freezer and I won't be able to stock up as much as I'd like to with this sale, but Halo Top's golden ticket giveaway begins today so this is definitely something everyone should take advantage of! I wonder if I can find ANY of Enlightened's new flavors in my local store yet...
    a5wdwkih683i.jpeg

Also saw this and got excited thinking it was red velvet *sigh* at least they have a cotton candy one out there somewhere!!

Again so jealous of those deals!

http://junkbanter.com/2017/05/04/ranking-all-21-enlightened-ice-creams/

I've looked at three stores & a coworker looked at one for the Cotton Candy Twinkies but no luck.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Had the cotton candy DQ blizzard last night. It's just as good as I remember. Def. recommend.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Seen at WalMart:

621f32f2-a577-41fd-ac05-bbc0781bc53f.jpeg.w960.jpg

I already had like 3 containers of ice cream, a cheesecake and the fixings for s'mores in my cart, or I would've thrown this sucker in there too.

ETA: I am behind the curve on this one? Did y'all already post about it and I missed it? LOL

I remember geeking out last December when I saw a lone bar on a Wal-Mart shelf. Now Wal-Mart has introduced newer sizing in the bars including a normal sized bar (similar to a regular Hershey's bar size) & King Size bar the past couple of months or so.

just saw this in the airport in bermuda for... $13.50
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Okay whzsgb6pq1sc.jpg
    the white chocolate Santa Barbara bar was amazing already took few bites but there were so many white chocolate chips I just love the combo of white chocolate with cranberry and nuts I would definitely buy these if stores carried them around me
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    The first week of July I'm taking a two week vacation to Florida with my family and we're turning the power off to save money, which means we have to use up what's left in the freezer and I won't be able to stock up as much as I'd like to with this sale, but Halo Top's golden ticket giveaway begins today so this is definitely something everyone should take advantage of! I wonder if I can find ANY of Enlightened's new flavors in my local store yet...
    a5wdwkih683i.jpeg

Also saw this and got excited thinking it was red velvet *sigh* at least they have a cotton candy one out there somewhere!!

Again so jealous of those deals!

http://junkbanter.com/2017/05/04/ranking-all-21-enlightened-ice-creams/

I've looked at three stores & a coworker looked at one for the Cotton Candy Twinkies but no luck.

Wow what a good sale I also see Ibotta has coupon for 1 off pint and you can do twice
  • carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I was so excited to find Halo Top in a grocery store near us finally. Bought salted caramel to try tonight
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Just tried the Toasted Coconut chips flavor....omg, these are deeelicious. These are now my new favorite ice cream. The whole tub of ice cream is 600 calories, 40g protein, 64g carbs, 32g fats and 16g fiber. I can't wait to try the other flavors.
    3mqtgm64znz2.jpg
    Bought these ice cream as they were on special, I hope they are good.

I just used the store locator and it looks like they don't sell any around me, but is that a regular sized pint or is it larger? 600 calories for a pint is honestly not worth it to me at all when I know I can get Halo Top or Enlightened instead! I just sat down and demolished Enlightened's Red Velvet pint for 280 calories and 24g of protein, 40g seems a little unnecessary... How much does a pint normally cost?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Just finished the last englightened flavor that I got and WOW the chocolate peanut butter enlightened was so good!!! I think my favorite out of all of them. I LOVED the huge chunks of peanut butter swirls throughout. So delicious. My ranking after trying all the pints....

-Chocolate peanut butter
    (loved the peanut butter swirls throughout, especially when I let it get super super soft the chocolate flavor was more pronounced)
    -Butter Pecan (creamiest out of all of them and just absolutely delicious. I loved the buttery flavor and pecan chunks.
    -Caramel cookie crunch (SOOO caramely and good really has an oatmeal cookie taste and I LOVED the delicious chunks of real oatmeal cookie throughout)
    -Strawberry cheesecake (I really loved this one because strawberry cheesecake is one of my favorite deserts. They really got the cheesecake flavor on point and I enjoyed the strawberry swirls throughout. I added fresh sliced strawberries and it was 10/10 with the addition lol.)
    -Bananas foster (after trying the others this wasn't as good but still delicious. I loved the caramel swirls, it had a ton of them and a mild banana flavor but not artifical)
    -Chocolate chip cookie dough (didn't think this was anything special but I have never been a fan of cookie dough it is just too plain for me and I don't like chocolate chips in my ice cream because I when ice cream is so cold I can't taste the chips so prefer swirls lol, the cookie dough chunks were yummy but the vanilla part was boring)
    -Chocolate chip cherry (again I didn't like the chocolate chips because I don't feel as though they add anything but a crunch. I would prefer to have chocolate swirls. I thought was pretty good but im not a huge fan of cherry ice cream so not one of my favorites)

I literally just got my hands on the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor today because a local grocery store had them on sale for buy one get one free, and your review is spot on. The vanilla really let me down. I plan on exchanging my unopened pint for the Fudge Brownie, which is 10 times better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just tried the Toasted Coconut chips flavor....omg, these are deeelicious. These are now my new favorite ice cream. The whole tub of ice cream is 600 calories, 40g protein, 64g carbs, 32g fats and 16g fiber. I can't wait to try the other flavors.
    3mqtgm64znz2.jpg

I just used the store locator and it looks like they don't sell any around me, but is that a regular sized pint or is it larger? 600 calories for a pint is honestly not worth it to me at all when I know I can get Halo Top or Enlightened instead! I just sat down and demolished Enlightened's Red Velvet pint for 280 calories and 24g of protein, 40g seems a little unnecessary... How much does a pint normally cost?

Same here. I wouldn't bother with a 600 calorie pint, I think. I have no problem getting enough protein in my diet as it is (I'm more interested in the fiber, which the other two have more of).

I tried the Enlightened strawberry cheesecake flavor yesterday though and I really like that one... although somehow I can still taste it this morning. I'll have to go back and get another pint before the end of the sale. I wasn't sure about Banana foster, not too fond of banana things typically. I was a bit surprised though that I actually really liked the sea salt caramel pint I opened last time so I got another one of those (tastes less artificial in the new pint designs I guess, compared to a year ago?).

A whole pint was actually too much this time though so maybe I can actually start moderating that stuff...
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Wow. I have never heard of anyone doing this - is that safe?

Guess I am thinking of my own house - it would get way too hot in there - lots of things would melt in the cabinets (baking chocolate, candy, etc), I have a dehumidifier that runs in the crawlspace, absolutely could not turn that off. Plus security cameras(wifi)...power outtages are a bad thing around my place LOL.

I live in SC. Last Year our A/C went out in July for 8 days before my landlord got it fixed. I had to throw out so much. Even pantry food that had become stale besides the fridge. Considering my electric bill is usually around $100/month. I lost a lot more $ than saved!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    3mqtgm64znz2.jpg

Same here. I wouldn't bother with a 600 calorie pint, I think. I have no problem getting enough protein in my diet as it is (I'm more interested in the fiber, which the other two have more of).

I tried the Enlightened strawberry cheesecake flavor yesterday though and I really like that one... although somehow I can still taste it this morning. I'll have to go back and get another pint before the end of the sale. I wasn't sure about Banana foster, not too fond of banana things typically. I was a bit surprised though that I actually really liked the sea salt caramel pint I opened last time so I got another one of those (tastes less artificial in the new pint designs I guess, compared to a year ago?).

A whole pint was actually too much this time though so maybe I can actually start moderating that stuff...

I don't think I tried the salted caramel since they switched containers, I've been buying so much of the newer flavors but I'll have to get that one again now!

Wow. I have never heard of anyone doing this - is that safe?

Guess I am thinking of my own house - it would get way too hot in there - lots of things would melt in the cabinets (baking chocolate, candy, etc), I have a dehumidifier that runs in the crawlspace, absolutely could not turn that off. Plus security cameras(wifi)...power outtages are a bad thing around my place LOL.

I live in SC. Last Year our A/C went out in July for 8 days before my landlord got it fixed. I had to throw out so much. Even pantry food that had become stale besides the fridge. Considering my electric bill is usually around $100/month. I lost a lot more $ than saved!

I'll be sure to let my parents know this I don't think they even thought about that when making that decision!!!
  • hgycta
    Options
    I usually love these milkshakes but they're so many calories for me. If anyone tries their new red velvet flavor please let me know if it's worth splurging on! If it has cake pieces inside I won't be able to say no.tbqarh7opazy.jpg

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I usually love these milkshakes but they're so many calories for me. If anyone tries their new red velvet flavor please let me know if it's worth splurging on! If it has cake pieces inside I won't be able to say no.tbqarh7opazy.jpg

I love milkshakes in general. Can't wait to try this!