New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I found out a Shoprite that's 45 minutes away from me sells all of Enlightened's flavors except for Pina Colada (which I wasn't that excited about trying anyways). I splurged and my freezer barely fits it, but I'm so excited I can finally try the latest batch of flavors while enjoying my known favorites of Red Velvet, Birthday Cake, and Cold Brew Coffee :') <3333
    mglxvq3rtvgy.jpg

I also picked up this Kashi protein powder from Giant the other day and just made half with Silk's vanilla soy milk since I normally blend that with everything. DISGUSTING. I gagged after I smelled it, but I normally have no problem keeping an open mind as sometimes things surprise you but after taking 5-6 sips of it I began feeling nauseous and my stomach still feels off from how gross it tasted. The picture on front does it justice as being purple, and who doesn't like vanilla? In reality, the powder and shake is green and it smells like spinach, cinnamon, and a sweet artificial flavoring. Sound like a weird combination that isn't appetizing? That's because it is. Definitely glad I didn't buy the other two flavors!!! Reminded me of the vanilla blueberry Spiru-tein powder which I hated, so perhaps this flavor will be appealing to those who like that brand but I'm definitely not in that target market.
    qs6mfb7ievpl.jpg
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I found out a Shoprite that's 45 minutes away from me sells all of Enlightened's flavors except for Pina Colada (which I wasn't that excited about trying anyways). I splurged and my freezer barely fits it, but I'm so excited I can finally try the latest batch of flavors while enjoying my known favorites of Red Velvet, Birthday Cake, and Cold Brew Coffee :') <3333
    mglxvq3rtvgy.jpg

I also picked up this Kashi protein powder from Giant the other day and just made half with Silk's vanilla soy milk since I normally blend that with everything. DISGUSTING. I gagged after I smelled it, but I normally have no problem keeping an open mind as sometimes things surprise you but after taking 5-6 sips of it I began feeling nauseous and my stomach still feels off from how gross it tasted. The picture on front does it justice as being purple, and who doesn't like vanilla? In reality, the powder and shake is green and it smells like spinach, cinnamon, and a sweet artificial flavoring. Sound like a weird combination that isn't appetizing? That's because it is. Definitely glad I didn't buy the other two flavors!!! Reminded me of the vanilla blueberry Spiru-tein powder which I hated, so perhaps this flavor will be appealing to those who like that brand but I'm definitely not in that target market.
    qs6mfb7ievpl.jpg

I really liked the toasted almond :)
  • hgycta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    mglxvq3rtvgy.jpg

qs6mfb7ievpl.jpg

I really liked the toasted almond :)

I'll probably try the chocolate and then the Almond one next then. Tonight I decided to try the Vanilla since I feel like that's an easy flavor to compare against other brands, and I'm honestly torn but think I like Halo Top's Vanilla flavor more. I can see more people liking Enlightened's flavor, however. Enlightened's has more of an Edy's slow churned gummy texture, but the flavor is more closer to a real vanilla ice cream flavor by Turkey Hill. For better or for worse I can't finish an entire pint of as easily as Halo Top's, which I feel is lighter. I can't tell if this pint has too much vanilla extract or what but I found it off-putting in large quantities. It definitely feels more like "real" ice cream than Halo Top's Vanilla Bean flavor, but I prefer being able to taste erythritol and I find this flavor gets boring quickly since it's so basic, although it would be great with some mix-ins of your own choosing so it's awesome for those seeking a more premium yet lower calorie homemade sundae experience. I'm just personally too lazy to exert that kind of effort and like having it done for me.
    dgkpbzj3loyp.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the vanilla flavor, to be honest.

8b79f231df63c82233485c43b7de2204.1500

Meh. Not sure why it makes me feel weird when I have one for breakfast too... like my body gets in carb withdrawal because the bar is lying to me, lol.
  • jordanmolyneux98
    jordanmolyneux98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Milbona Skyr Yogurt - Natural
    100g provides 8.9g of Protein, 4.6g of Carbs and only 56 calories!
    Taste great mixed in with MyProtein chocolate orange powder or whatever your preference :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    You guys are soooooooooooooooooo pissing me off with all your posts with halo top this, enlightnened that. This is BS. Stupid language laws.
    Find me a place very close to niagara Falls that carries this stuff and I will drive over with cooler buy freezer full. No jokes.

You probably wouldn't like it, lol. You seem more like a 'real thing in moderation' kind of guy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    You guys are soooooooooooooooooo pissing me off with all your posts with halo top this, enlightnened that. This is BS. Stupid language laws.
    Find me a place very close to niagara Falls that carries this stuff and I will drive over with cooler buy freezer full. No jokes.

Don't you have wegmans?! They carry them all!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I checked GNC for the lemon Fitjoy again last night. No joy. ;)
  • hgycta
    Options

Last I checked Wegmans only sells Halo Top, do they sell Enlightened now too???
  • Move4Abs
    Move4Abs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Try apple pie, it's my go to and much better than any of their chocolate flavors (and I LOVE chocolate anything). Also, if you look at their website, they provide "recipes" for their bars...kinda fun to play with and great/easy treats that are high in protein and low in everything else.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

You probably wouldn't like it, lol. You seem more like a 'real thing in moderation' kind of guy.

I still would prefer to eat regular ice cream, but with wanting to lose weight & ice cream being one of my hardest foods to resist eating a ton I find it's easier to fit a pint or two into my daily calories than risk eating way too much of the more premium flavors.

I wish I could find the Bananas Foster (since I love Banana Pudding) or Butter Pecan flavors.
  • leanitup123
    Options

I still would prefer to eat regular ice cream, but with wanting to lose weight & ice cream being one of my hardest foods to resist eating a ton I find it's easier to fit a pint or two into my daily calories than risk eating way too much of the more premium flavors.

I wish I could find the Bananas Foster (since I love Banana Pudding) or Butter Pecan flavors.

Have you tried Elli Quark's Bananas Foster?
  • leanitup123
    Options

In Ontario we dont. But I will drive across the border to pick some up, if I know that a near by store will have stock for sure.

See above ^^^
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Have you tried Elli Quark's Bananas Foster?

I haven't been able to find that brand around my neck of the woods.

I have tried the Yoplait Banana Custard & enjoyed it.

Enlightened should do what Halo Top does & list which stores have certain flavors.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Also these June 5th.

7duqfnrlahnf.jpg

I have pretty much given up on the different flavors oreos but the coconut I will try.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    150cal for 4 thats FOUR measly cookies????!!!!!! HEEELLLLLLL NO!!!!!
    I still dont understand peoples infatuation with Oreos lol

150 calories for FOUR cookies? That's actually very good. I guess you don't eat cookies much? I can live without Oreos, but the Thins are excellent, much better than the regular ones to me.

I like Oreos and back in the day it was nothing for me to eat a whole sleeve. Now I buy the thins and eat 2 or 4 and I am happy.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I really want to see reviews for the new Oreos lol. Might have to go to Walmart to get the jelly ones.... but I'm curious about the coconut and caramel ones too!
  • hgycta
    edited June 2017
    Options

I finally found the Cotton Candy Twinkies!

I NEED YOU TO REPORT BACK ASAP TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE. My father was going to Walmart last night so I asked him to check for them (and also for Oreo O's cereal), but he didn't see either. He did bring back Chocolate Twinkies, but that just doesn't cut it for me I need to find Cotton Candy!!!

I also picked up the other two Quest Hero bars despite hating the Blueberry Cobbler flavor and today I tried the Vanilla Caramel. I thought the Blueberry Cobbler was very artificial and yes, I noticed that a bit in the Vanilla Caramel, too, BUT I LOVED IT. The caramel was so gooey and satisfying, the entire bar was to die for! I would never choose the Blueberry Cobbler bar over a hardcore candy bar craving, but that caramel sauce in the Vanilla Caramel bar sure would make me consider replacing this one for a candy bar. I love the Cinnamon Roll Beyond Cereal Bar, and this was definitely just an even sweeter, improved version of that. If they could make a bar like this with a dark chocolate coating and a peanut butter caramel layer I would be in heaven.

4y05mhsgl4mj.jpg

While picking up Quest stuff I also splurged on a full tub of the Cinnamon Crunch protein powder. I had it in the labs and wasn't crazy about it, thought it was sort of bitter and artificial like the Cookies & Cream, but this final version is A LOT better. If anyone tried the Cinnamon Crunch powder in the labs and hated it, definitely give it another try! It's much sweeter and has a stronger cinnamon flavor. Reminds me a lot of the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch CTD Protein Powder... in fact, it's nearly identical!

8se5opob90rf.jpg