New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Will definitely be on the lookout for the yogurt! I am trying to find an alternative for my son and he's not a fan of greek. 2 ingredient pizza dough has been a regular thing in my house for a couple of years or so. So easy and the kids love it!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    Ok... I LOVE my dressings and I will usually just thin out something to keep it in check. I know it's not all that hard but making a vinaigrette myself at home is just something I don't do. Don't ask me why lol. I have tried the Walden but I would get annoyed with the aftertaste after a couple of uses. Same with Bolthouse (although I don't mind the avocado cilantro or the salsa ones as a veggie dip at times). The skinny girl dressings... I tried 2 and just YUCK! I am an avid viewer of Shark Tank and when I saw this guys with his hummus and hummus based dressings I was excited! But being based out of Florida I knew it would probably never make it to NY unless Wegman's or such got ahold of it, I wasn't quick enough before you couldn't get it online. Today I was a t Walmart on my lunch since I had a salad but no dressing! Low and behold there it was! (No hummus yet though, just a few dressings).

The ones I saw on the site I was really excited about were not there so I went with the roasted red pepper (being a traditional hummus flavor). Here's my thoughts... Have to remember this is chickpea based, so if you don't like them you will NOT like this! The roasted pepper was good and the lowest in calories but I wished it had a little kick, but that's an easy fix. I like it wasn't blended smooth and had some texture. More flavorful vegetables overpower the flavor but it was PERFECT for what I was eating which was spring greens, grilled chicken, sunflower seeds, a little tomato and sprouts. I really want to try the greek and honey mustard if they become available. I will get the buffalo soon.

There site looks like a work in progress (store locator says nowhere) but there is a 1.00 off in store purchase if you can find it (https://www.odanghummus.com/collections/all-products) so I printed a couple and will shoot to try other flavors. The site has a price of 4.99 which is pricey but as you can see in store it was 3.48. Ending in an 8 shows it is on trial with the store but hey it made it all the way to NY! Hope it says and other products are picked up!dqkxtsy0ww7h.jpg
    r5xwisk1aur4.jpg

That's an awesome concept, and so low in calories too! Btw, I have samples of those Truwomen bars coming, thanks to you guys ;)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    @crazyravr I think the trick is to mix it in the mixer with the dough hook for approximately 3 minutes. It's makes it more elastic and pliable. I could roll it out before with a lot of effort but now it's easy! I bake them on a 12" pan so they're about 10" or so when they're done. Maybe 9" lol.

ursmdoooq7rm.jpg
    4wab8jd27q5q.jpg

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    @crazyravr I think the trick is to mix it in the mixer with the dough hook for approximately 3 minutes. It's makes it more elastic and pliable. I could roll it out before with a lot of effort but now it's easy! I bake them on a 12" pan so they're about 10" or so when they're done. Maybe 9" lol.

ursmdoooq7rm.jpg
    4wab8jd27q5q.jpg

omgg whats pizza #2
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Those pizzas look crazy delicious and I want to try them so badly but I’ve been either way too busy to make anything or when I do have time I’m way too exhausted and usually eat out, but I do have it on my list to try!!!!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    @vnb_208 the second one is buffalo chicken, mozzarella and fresh blue cheese. So yummy. I make a lot of different ones. Always go back to buffalo chicken or pepperoni and onion or olive though
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

ursmdoooq7rm.jpg
    4wab8jd27q5q.jpg

Omg these look incredible, I am now madly craving pizza. These look way better than any frozen ones I've ever seen lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    hgycta wrote: »
    large_213c75c1-5739-443c-bf63-aad46223f9cc.jpg

Bought these because they were only 1.29 for an entire box of 15 on amazon prime day. Good but not great and way too small. One 100 calorie bar was like 1in x 1 in.

Tried the quest waffle bars. These were really sticky. I did like the gobs of "syrup" throughout the bar. And you can definitely taste those blueberry muffin crunchy pieces throughout. I thought it was extremely sweet, almost too sweet, and nothing is usually too sweet for me. If you liked the cereal bars you will like these because they have the same taste. I wouldn't buy again because I wasn't crazy about them. dma7lwg8gp22.jpeg

The quest bars definitely are narrower now. (I had a chocolate chip cookie one and it was way thinner than the maple)

Also made my own mock quest bars with vitafiber. I started off boring so I could make sure I perfect the base first. The first batch was using a chocolate base with cranberries, almonds, cashews. This time I made in a pie pan and just cut. One slice was 180 calories and bigger than a quest bar.  The texture was on point with the recipe I used. Almost exactly the same as quest bar. I can't wait to try the other flavors I have planned. I remember why I stopped years back though, it is a pain and a mess to make lol.422j5n9l3guo.jpeg
    0k1cz4ds8ji6.jpeg09ccgawup35t.jpeg

I used this 813X%2BAIEaoL._SY355_.jpg

How do you make them, what else do you add? Is there a recipe you follow for the base and then a separate recipe for the flavors??

The recipe I follow per bar is 2tbsp vitafiber syrup, 2tsp almond or peanut flour, 30g protein powder of choice. I am trying different powders to see which gives me the best tasting product. I've tried Vega before (for a vegan version) but it didn't taste too good. I am trying it using the quest powder now.

I scaled it up to make a batch of 8 though. I used 8 servings of protein powder, 1c vitafiber syrup, 400 calories of add ins, and 8 tsp peanut flour. I just heated up the syrup in the microwave until it bubbled (about a minute and a half) and then poured on top of the powder and kneeded into a pie pan then added the mixins.

Just making one at a time though I heat up the fiber for 20 seconds then add the protein powder and knead. Other people seem to pour into a plastic bag, but I found it gets way too sticky so I prefer to just mix and press into cup or mold with my hands. The harder you compact it the more it turns out like an actual quest bar in texture. I need to experiment with the proper amount of add ins to use to get them to have the right texture as well as macro count. Next up is chocolate covered pretzel.
  • vnb_208
    @vnb_208 the second one is buffalo chicken, mozzarella and fresh blue cheese. So yummy. I make a lot of different ones. Always go back to buffalo chicken or pepperoni and onion or olive though

@melissa where the recipe i need that
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    large_213c75c1-5739-443c-bf63-aad46223f9cc.jpg

Bought these because they were only 1.29 for an entire box of 15 on amazon prime day. Good but not great and way too small. One 100 calorie bar was like 1in x 1 in.

Tried the quest waffle bars. These were really sticky. I did like the gobs of "syrup" throughout the bar. And you can definitely taste those blueberry muffin crunchy pieces throughout. I thought it was extremely sweet, almost too sweet, and nothing is usually too sweet for me. If you liked the cereal bars you will like these because they have the same taste. I wouldn't buy again because I wasn't crazy about them. dma7lwg8gp22.jpeg

The quest bars definitely are narrower now. (I had a chocolate chip cookie one and it was way thinner than the maple)

Also made my own mock quest bars with vitafiber. I started off boring so I could make sure I perfect the base first. The first batch was using a chocolate base with cranberries, almonds, cashews. This time I made in a pie pan and just cut. One slice was 180 calories and bigger than a quest bar.  The texture was on point with the recipe I used. Almost exactly the same as quest bar. I can't wait to try the other flavors I have planned. I remember why I stopped years back though, it is a pain and a mess to make lol.422j5n9l3guo.jpeg
    0k1cz4ds8ji6.jpeg09ccgawup35t.jpeg

I used this 813X%2BAIEaoL._SY355_.jpg

Quest Bars are still 60g, they're thinner because they are more dense, which does make for a little chewier texture.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »

@melissa where the recipe i need that

Is this what everyone's using? https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/244447/two-ingredient-pizza-dough/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    ha4i9qyidbaq.png
  • vnb_208
    qotxu2zor2z7.png

only if it was closer
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    qotxu2zor2z7.png

only if it was closer

I read a similar headline a few days ago and was excited until I read that it was actually a buy one get one for $1 deal. It's almost as sad as the fact that they didn't do Pirate Day last September.
  • vnb_208
    neldabg wrote: »
    qotxu2zor2z7.png

only if it was closer

I read a similar headline a few days ago and was excited until I read that it was actually a buy one get one for $1 deal. It's almost as sad as the fact that they didn't do Pirate Day last September.

We only have two in state do I deff wont get not even if one box was $1
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I went to the Target closest to my house and they had the quest pizzas, archer farms low calorie pints, the new toaster strudels, AND sweet earth natural foods pizza! Sweet earth didn’t have target listed as a place selling them near me, so if anyone is still looking I suggest checking there! It’s just a shame they only had the protein and veggie lover’s because I want to try the others!

The Quest pizza they only had the supreme which is the one I really wanted to try, but I could’ve sworn I read the website say 260 calories per serving and 2 servings per box, which I could have fit in easily. I didn’t realize it was actually 3 servings per box, my bad! That’s way too many, especially after reading the mediocre reviews, so I passed.

As for the ice cream and toaster strudels, I got the caramel maple bourbon and chocolate peanut butter, and the glazed donut toaster strudel! I can’t wait to try them!!!! Has anyone tried the cookie dough archer farms pint?
    I will say though, I’m bummed to see the containers only have 3 half cup servings for being on the high calorie end of low cal ice cream, so technically it’s not a full pint. For that reason I probably won’t get it again unless it really does blow Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter out of the water like I read!

2358l4y3m1f4.jpeg
    6ngtloke1bpa.jpeg
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Btw, I have samples of those Truwomen bars coming, thanks to you guys ;)

Same - I'm excited to try them!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Rocky Road Trip oreos have been seen at Target and Walmart.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    jenn_zimm wrote: »
    Btw, I have samples of those Truwomen bars coming, thanks to you guys ;)

Same - I'm excited to try them!

Glad I mentioned they sent me ;). They are probably wondering where all these new requests are coming from, haha!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I found the glazed donut toaster strudels at Shop Rite and they somehow made it to my cart. Still no luck finding the special Lays anywhere around here (haven't checked Target yet, but I checked 3 stores!).