New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the pb2 with fruit? Don't think it would be anything special but was wondering if it tastes like a pb&j no need for jelly lol. 91ZYx3E90HL._SY679_.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    Going to try the BBQ ones only 130 calories and nice for when im too lazy to cook and want a snack at work 1wkfhi4mztic.jpg

I had chili lime ones a while back and I remember not being too impressed. I think I didn't finish it. BBQ might be better.

AHHH yes now that you say that I remember seeing a review on them. I hate lime in my food so didn't pick that one. The cracked pepper rosemary and chives one sounded the best but of course they didn't have that kind. Hopefully the BBQ will be decent.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Going to try the BBQ ones only 130 calories and nice for when im too lazy to cook and want a snack at work 1wkfhi4mztic.jpg

my favorite is the black pepper rosemary and thyme one. . just recently tried the cheese one. Wont get that one again.but the chili lime and the chipotle bbq are very good as well
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried Enlightened's Snickerdoodle pint, the last one I had left to try. Didn't take a picture because there was absolutely nothing exciting about it. It was basically just a cinnamon flavored ice cream with a slight artificial sweetness to it and nothing more. I was anticipating cookie pieces of some kind, but there was nothing. Not terrible, but compared to their other flavors it's not something I'll be buying again unless it's on sale and they're out of every other flavor.
    doacjmau2qko.png

Yep :(
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ok so I want to start that there are factors that may have affected the results of this review. I bought the Buff Bake cookies on clearance and therefore not at their freshest state. Also, level of hunger has changed opinions. That being said...
    The white chocolate peanut butter cookie was alright. I would not really pick white chocolate to go with peanut butter but it was at least peanut butter. Size of cookie and chunks were great. They used bits of peanuts and big chunks of white chocolate. Flavor was adequate. Not outstanding but not bad. It was the texture that got me. The chunks saved the cookie but the base texture was very whey sticky. The dough would bunch up and stick to my teeth like some whey proteins I have tried. Heated did not change this factor.6/10
    Snickerdoodle. Now I had a few of these so hunger factor was tested at different levels and it didn't really change the outcome. The flavor was a mild snickerdoodle sweet cinnamon taste. Could be stronger. It was the texture that really bothered me about this one. No chunks to change it up. Not sticky on fingers but really tacky to the teeth. Heated up did not change the texture at all or enhance the flavor. 4/10.

Muscle tech Triple Chocolate. I was pretty hungry at the time and heated it up slightly. Oh my was this what I wanted! Dense like a brownie, rich, and chocolate galore! It cut out that chocolate craving which is a struggle for me. Highly recommend for chocolate lovers. Slightly smaller than Buff Bakes but if it does the job size doesn't matter! 10/10 heated
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the pb2 with fruit? Don't think it would be anything special but was wondering if it tastes like a pb&j no need for jelly lol. 91ZYx3E90HL._SY679_.jpg

I've tried the strawberry and grape. Pretty good, actually!
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Interesting where can I find these?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    PowerBar's Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake protein bar isn't anything worth going out of your way for. Very soft like an ANSI bar, but also had a chalky texture and waxy, artificial sweetness to it. Definitely not as impressed as I was hoping for. Didn't really fill me at all, either.
    d5oaih52l0zs.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    hannat5017 wrote: »

Interesting where can I find these?

Not sure I found on amazon I was ordering some stuff and it came up in my "suggested for you" lol.
  • nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    These were delicious and 100 cal/bar
    86aed06e-bdbf-45c6-bc1f-25e5db3d838b_1.cefae23ebb71e363f30bfa434bdebeb2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

These were okay but also 100 cal/bar. I don't like Lucky Charm cereal though so YMMVe2106823-39bd-4b68-89ba-36932a9ffb9f_1.541f7f66762fa98315f2e8e50bbbad95.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    These were delicious and 100 cal/bar
    86aed06e-bdbf-45c6-bc1f-25e5db3d838b_1.cefae23ebb71e363f30bfa434bdebeb2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

These were okay but also 100 cal/bar. I don't like Lucky Charm cereal though so YMMVe2106823-39bd-4b68-89ba-36932a9ffb9f_1.541f7f66762fa98315f2e8e50bbbad95.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I've had the cinnamon crunch and LOVED them but didn't know they had lucky charms, those sound so good I am going to have to buy if I ever see!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Went to Walmart to buy the Red Velvet PowerCrunch bar, but you can't buy them individually and I just wasted a bunch of money on ice cream so I'm going to hold out for a review before I buy a box. I did, however, pick up the cotton candy mix and protein coffee creamer I wasn't expecting to find!! Also noticed new cookies that Walmart is TOTALLY copying off Girl Scouts! No cotton candy twinkies or Oreo O's yet :(
    cfc06axecpap.jpg
    k0dxry7o879z.jpg
    1jxzjvbgizp5.jpg
    64fcyriwwm19.jpg
    Also found the Red Velvet F'real at Royal Farms, but I didn't have that many calories left so I'm anticipating a review for that as well!
    6kmiot81bqgm.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    I tried the DiGorno Ultra Thin Pizza tonight (sausage supreme). 1/2 pizza for 270 calories is pretty decent. It didn't skimp on flavor or sausage (surprisingly). Parts of the Pizza in the center were a little chewy but that could be because I didn't directly place the Pizza in the oven.
    Not sure if this is a quality issue or not but it looked like 1/2 the Pizza was veggie only (see the pic). Forgot to take a picture after I took it out of the oven. I was hungry and it smelled so good while it was cooking.
    I'll definitely re-purchase when it's on sale. I hope I can find the garlic spinach mushroom flavor someone posted a few pages back. Found in Kroger. Thanks to whomever posted it!yes797q6t0vd.jpg

I thought this was the variety I bought at Wal-Mart, but it was just the regular thin.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    OREO COCONUT THINS: Yummy! Great coconut flavor. Will definitely re-purchase! 4 cookies = 140 cals. And since I love crunch, I could totally see me adding 2 cookies to a serving of Halo Top ice cream for a perfect sweet treat! :heart:

OREO SEA SALT CARAMEL THINS: Ehh. They SMELL great. You get all excited - thinking...mmmm sea salt caramely sweet, this is going to be good. Then, you take a bite and think, did I get any of the filling? So, you take another bite and realize a faint taste of sea salt caramel. Smell the cookie again, yep, same beautiful smell. Finish off the cookie and realize, someone played hocus pocus. :disappointed: I wrote a novel to say: The vanilla thin cookie is awesome. The sea salt caramel is non-existent. Will not re-purchase. 4 cookies = 150 cals. :heartbreak:

I tried these with some of my breakfast this morning & feel that it's basically a Golden Oreo Thin with maybe a touch something sweet.

I guess you basically have to stuff a million of these in your mouth to get the caramel experience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    OREO COCONUT THINS: Yummy! Great coconut flavor. Will definitely re-purchase! 4 cookies = 140 cals. And since I love crunch, I could totally see me adding 2 cookies to a serving of Halo Top ice cream for a perfect sweet treat! :heart:

OREO SEA SALT CARAMEL THINS: Ehh. They SMELL great. You get all excited - thinking...mmmm sea salt caramely sweet, this is going to be good. Then, you take a bite and think, did I get any of the filling? So, you take another bite and realize a faint taste of sea salt caramel. Smell the cookie again, yep, same beautiful smell. Finish off the cookie and realize, someone played hocus pocus. :disappointed: I wrote a novel to say: The vanilla thin cookie is awesome. The sea salt caramel is non-existent. Will not re-purchase. 4 cookies = 150 cals. :heartbreak:

I tried these with some of my breakfast this morning & feel that it's basically a Golden Oreo Thin with maybe a touch something sweet.

I guess you basically have to stuff a million of these in your mouth to get the caramel experience.

Pretty much. So sad.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Saw this on Ibotta for you cotton candy fiends.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I found this flavoring at a specialty store last night. It's not new but new to the store. 315ecdemyRL.jpg

d1743e_d8986e953aea408aa1eff4bb81ca7f78.webp

I've made quest bars before and I still have some vitafiber syrup left so I am going to try making these today...

Ingredients

- 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
    - 1/2 tsp Loranns Oils Cotton Candy Flavor
    - 2 Tbs Water
    - 4 drops blue food Colouring
    - 4 drops pink Food Colouring
    - 30g Vitafiber syrup

Directions

Premeasure out ingredients to be able to add them quickly.
    In a 6-8 inch frying pan add Vitafiber, place on burner on high heat until bubbling throughout.
    Add water and flavoring oil into pan. Turn burner off.
    Add scoop of protein powder and remove from heat immediately. Using a spoon, vigourously mix powder and liquids until incorporated.
    Divide batter in two, small seperate bowls. Add pink food colouring into one, blue into the other. Stir until colour is evenly combined.
    Add each batter onto parchment paper, marble them by rolling each ball into long ropes, twisting and folding them together a few times. Then form bar.
    Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I finally found the Cotton Candy Twinkies!

I NEED YOU TO REPORT BACK ASAP TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE. My father was going to Walmart last night so I asked him to check for them (and also for Oreo O's cereal), but he didn't see either. He did bring back Chocolate Twinkies, but that just doesn't cut it for me I need to find Cotton Candy!!!

I also picked up the other two Quest Hero bars despite hating the Blueberry Cobbler flavor and today I tried the Vanilla Caramel. I thought the Blueberry Cobbler was very artificial and yes, I noticed that a bit in the Vanilla Caramel, too, BUT I LOVED IT. The caramel was so gooey and satisfying, the entire bar was to die for! I would never choose the Blueberry Cobbler bar over a hardcore candy bar craving, but that caramel sauce in the Vanilla Caramel bar sure would make me consider replacing this one for a candy bar. I love the Cinnamon Roll Beyond Cereal Bar, and this was definitely just an even sweeter, improved version of that. If they could make a bar like this with a dark chocolate coating and a peanut butter caramel layer I would be in heaven.

4y05mhsgl4mj.jpg

While picking up Quest stuff I also splurged on a full tub of the Cinnamon Crunch protein powder. I had it in the labs and wasn't crazy about it, thought it was sort of bitter and artificial like the Cookies & Cream, but this final version is A LOT better. If anyone tried the Cinnamon Crunch powder in the labs and hated it, definitely give it another try! It's much sweeter and has a stronger cinnamon flavor. Reminds me a lot of the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch CTD Protein Powder... in fact, it's nearly identical!

8se5opob90rf.jpg

I just tried the cinnamon crunch quest powder in a single packet and it was yuuuummmy! Do you think the tub has as many cinnamon crunchies as the single packets? Because both packets had a bunch of crunchies. If so I'm going to buy the tub.

• hgycta
    Options
    I found this flavoring at a specialty store last night. It's not new but new to the store. 315ecdemyRL.jpg

I've made quest bars before and I still have some vitafiber syrup left so I am going to try making these today...

Ingredients

- 2 Tbs Water
    - 30g Vitafiber syrup

Directions

In a 6-8 inch frying pan add Vitafiber, place on burner on high heat until bubbling throughout.
    Add scoop of protein powder and remove from heat immediately. Using a spoon, vigourously mix powder and liquids until incorporated.
    Divide batter in two, small seperate bowls. Add pink food colouring into one, blue into the other. Stir until colour is evenly combined.
    Add each batter onto parchment paper, marble them by rolling each ball into long ropes, twisting and folding them together a few times. Then form bar.
    Refrigerate for 1 hour.

That sounds absolutely HEAVENLY. How many calories is in each bar? I definitely can't wait to read about (and maybe see) the final result!!!
    I noticed new (or rather, it said it was new) red velvet pudding mix in Walmart today. I picked it up since Lil Buff Bakery added a recipe for their cakes to be made into cookies with instant pudding mix. The recipe was for sugar free/fat free pudding mix, but the artificial aftertaste in those mixes made me gag so I'm hoping the recipe works just as well with this mix, fingers crossed!!
    100p88lngxmw.jpg

I finally found the Cotton Candy Twinkies!

I NEED YOU TO REPORT BACK ASAP TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE. My father was going to Walmart last night so I asked him to check for them (and also for Oreo O's cereal), but he didn't see either. He did bring back Chocolate Twinkies, but that just doesn't cut it for me I need to find Cotton Candy!!!

I also picked up the other two Quest Hero bars despite hating the Blueberry Cobbler flavor and today I tried the Vanilla Caramel. I thought the Blueberry Cobbler was very artificial and yes, I noticed that a bit in the Vanilla Caramel, too, BUT I LOVED IT. The caramel was so gooey and satisfying, the entire bar was to die for! I would never choose the Blueberry Cobbler bar over a hardcore candy bar craving, but that caramel sauce in the Vanilla Caramel bar sure would make me consider replacing this one for a candy bar. I love the Cinnamon Roll Beyond Cereal Bar, and this was definitely just an even sweeter, improved version of that. If they could make a bar like this with a dark chocolate coating and a peanut butter caramel layer I would be in heaven.

4y05mhsgl4mj.jpg

While picking up Quest stuff I also splurged on a full tub of the Cinnamon Crunch protein powder. I had it in the labs and wasn't crazy about it, thought it was sort of bitter and artificial like the Cookies & Cream, but this final version is A LOT better. If anyone tried the Cinnamon Crunch powder in the labs and hated it, definitely give it another try! It's much sweeter and has a stronger cinnamon flavor. Reminds me a lot of the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch CTD Protein Powder... in fact, it's nearly identical!

8se5opob90rf.jpg

I just tried the cinnamon crunch quest powder in a single packet and it was yuuuummmy! Do you think the tub has as many cinnamon crunchies as the single packets? Because both packets had a bunch of crunchies. If so I'm going to buy the tub.

I'd imagine it would be easier for them to fall down towards the bottom, but there were plenty in my scoop of it!!! You might want to shake the tub each time beforehand just in case, but if you're not satisfied then Quest (or Vitamin Shoppe/GNC) has a pretty good return or exchange policy!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ingredients

- 2 Tbs Water
    - 30g Vitafiber syrup

Directions

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

I found a recipe that uses that extract to make a Cotton Candy protein shake.

Let us know how the extract tastes since I wouldn't mind buying that to use with some vanilla protein powder that I need to use up.