New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    I tried the DiGorno Ultra Thin Pizza tonight (sausage supreme). 1/2 pizza for 270 calories is pretty decent. It didn't skimp on flavor or sausage (surprisingly). Parts of the Pizza in the center were a little chewy but that could be because I didn't directly place the Pizza in the oven.
    Not sure if this is a quality issue or not but it looked like 1/2 the Pizza was veggie only (see the pic). Forgot to take a picture after I took it out of the oven. I was hungry and it smelled so good while it was cooking.
    I'll definitely re-purchase when it's on sale. I hope I can find the garlic spinach mushroom flavor someone posted a few pages back. Found in Kroger. Thanks to whomever posted it!yes797q6t0vd.jpg

I thought this was the variety I bought at Wal-Mart, but it was just the regular thin.

I found this at Kroger also, and thought it was very very good for the calories. I love anything with pepper and onion though. I gave it some garlic salt and a Tbsp of real crumbled bacon for 35 calories. Next time I might throw on some olives and artichokes. The possibilities are endless. Now I can still have pizza with the family and not feel left out. It fits my calorie budget too. All the toppings on one side is just from shipping. Just brush them back evenly over the pizza before putting it in the oven.

Thanks for posting this one. I would have never found it by myself.

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @Kimblesnbits13 did you mix it with water or milk? I'm thinking i'm gonna mix it with unsweetened almond milk because I've had a bad experience with mixing powders with water. Is this a good idea or should I brave it with water?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    What a rip off!

th?id=OIP.QsWS43VIusNx6pHP-W9MRQD6D6&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

These have literally no spice or heat whatsoever!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Welp I made the Lil Buff Protein Cake Mix into cookies with just water and the regular Jell-O and the result was delicious, but I was disappointed with how subtle the red velvet flavoring was in the pudding mix so I'm not getting it again.
    jxb1oh55zzfs.jpg
    a1tjygm96b47.jpg

This Cotton Candy mix, on the other hand, was the best dollar I've ever spent at Walmart! I'm definitely going back to stock up on more! It's a frappe/milkshake mix, but I made hot chocolate with it by mixing half a packet (40g) with 8 oz of hot water. Next time I might use 6 oz of hot water or hot milk, but there's so many things I want to make with this now! Very true cotton candy flavor (no weird chemical or food dye taste) and beautiful blue color that was a pleasant surprise considering the powder was white! Sweet, clean, non-artificial flavor. 5/5!
    ixtqmjdmhnnd.jpg
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Welp I made the Lil Buff Protein Cake Mix into cookies with just water and the regular Jell-O and the result was delicious, but I was disappointed with how subtle the red velvet flavoring was in the pudding mix so I'm not getting it again.
    jxb1oh55zzfs.jpg
    a1tjygm96b47.jpg

This Cotton Candy mix, on the other hand, was the best dollar I've ever spent at Walmart! I'm definitely going back to stock up on more! It's a frappe/milkshake mix, but I made hot chocolate with it by mixing half a packet (40g) with 8 oz of hot water. Next time I might use 6 oz of hot water or hot milk, but there's so many things I want to make with this now! Very true cotton candy flavor (no weird chemical or food dye taste) and beautiful blue color that was a pleasant surprise considering the powder was white! Sweet, clean, non-artificial flavor. 5/5!
    ixtqmjdmhnnd.jpg

@hgycta have you tried the Project 7 Cotton Candy gum?
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had this today! It was very tasty. I love Shawarma so I thought I'd give it a try. Nice portion but there was not much chicken in it.
    rdi-evol-chicken-entrees-sl.jpg?h=400&la=en&w=571&hash=1FD84457BE4E6F815D84C6DFCB0DF181C27995BD
  • hgycta
    Options
    jxb1oh55zzfs.jpg
    a1tjygm96b47.jpg

ixtqmjdmhnnd.jpg

No, I haven't seen it but I've had some of their other flavors (Red Velvet, Gingerbread, Thin Mints, Samoa, Pumpkin Pie, etc) and liked them, but the flavor lasts for only about ten seconds then fades and gets hard to chew so I try not to buy too much of it! I definitely love all these cotton candy/red velvet food trends coming about more recently, though!!! I love how you all are keeping me updated and tagging me in these delicious things ;D I went back to Walmart and splurged on the box of Red Velvet PowerCrunch bars haha I figured I was foolish for letting them go the first time, I've loved every PowerCrunch product from bars to protein powders that I've had a chance to try, there's no way they could mess up! I just don't know when I'll be eating it because I work a lot during the day and the wafer cookies make a mess somehow when I eat them, and as a snack they aren't too filling for me!
  • leanitup123
    Options
    jxb1oh55zzfs.jpg
    a1tjygm96b47.jpg

ixtqmjdmhnnd.jpg

No, I haven't seen it but I've had some of their other flavors (Red Velvet, Gingerbread, Thin Mints, Samoa, Pumpkin Pie, etc) and liked them, but the flavor lasts for only about ten seconds then fades and gets hard to chew so I try not to buy too much of it! I definitely love all these cotton candy/red velvet food trends coming about more recently, though!!! I love how you all are keeping me updated and tagging me in these delicious things ;D I went back to Walmart and splurged on the box of Red Velvet PowerCrunch bars haha I figured I was foolish for letting them go the first time, I've loved every PowerCrunch product from bars to protein powders that I've had a chance to try, there's no way they could mess up! I just don't know when I'll be eating it because I work a lot during the day and the wafer cookies make a mess somehow when I eat them, and as a snack they aren't too filling for me!

They have it on the end displays at Target. It's good, but like their other flavors it loses flavor REAlly fast.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    fat free half & half
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FYI: sent the good people at Halo Top a message asking about future flavors, etc. and they said they have big plans for "sometime this summer." :o

I wonder if anyone's found any of the gold tickets?

Anyone sending their loser seals to social media for another chance to win?
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    @Kimblesnbits13 did you mix it with water or milk? I'm thinking i'm gonna mix it with unsweetened almond milk because I've had a bad experience with mixing powders with water. Is this a good idea or should I brave it with water?

I used unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk. Every time I use water i don't like it.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @hgycta, I saw the Cotton Candy Twinkies at WalMart yesterday; thought of you. :D I didn't buy them, but I did pick up a ginormous box of Oreo Os. *drools*. They're just as good as I remember!
  • hgycta
    Options
    @hgycta, I saw the Cotton Candy Twinkies at WalMart yesterday; thought of you. :D I didn't buy them, but I did pick up a ginormous box of Oreo Os. *drools*. They're just as good as I remember!
    Lucky!!! I didn't see either! I did finally see the malt o meal cookies & cream cereal so once I finish up my current cereals I might buy a bag so I'll be able to compare them :) YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TWINKIES
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    FYI: sent the good people at Halo Top a message asking about future flavors, etc. and they said they have big plans for "sometime this summer." :o

I wonder if anyone's found any of the gold tickets?

Anyone sending their loser seals to social media for another chance to win?

I've been tweeting them with my non-winners, I have to say their social media team is pretty on point. They're fast with liking tweets and their responses have been pretty epic!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!! I didn't see either! I did finally see the malt o meal cookies & cream cereal so once I finish up my current cereals I might buy a bag so I'll be able to compare them :)YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TWINKIES

Well, I do pass by WalMart on my way home...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I finally found the Cotton Candy Twinkies!

I NEED YOU TO REPORT BACK ASAP TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE. My father was going to Walmart last night so I asked him to check for them (and also for Oreo O's cereal), but he didn't see either. He did bring back Chocolate Twinkies, but that just doesn't cut it for me I need to find Cotton Candy!!!

I also picked up the other two Quest Hero bars despite hating the Blueberry Cobbler flavor and today I tried the Vanilla Caramel. I thought the Blueberry Cobbler was very artificial and yes, I noticed that a bit in the Vanilla Caramel, too, BUT I LOVED IT. The caramel was so gooey and satisfying, the entire bar was to die for! I would never choose the Blueberry Cobbler bar over a hardcore candy bar craving, but that caramel sauce in the Vanilla Caramel bar sure would make me consider replacing this one for a candy bar. I love the Cinnamon Roll Beyond Cereal Bar, and this was definitely just an even sweeter, improved version of that. If they could make a bar like this with a dark chocolate coating and a peanut butter caramel layer I would be in heaven.

4y05mhsgl4mj.jpg

While picking up Quest stuff I also splurged on a full tub of the Cinnamon Crunch protein powder. I had it in the labs and wasn't crazy about it, thought it was sort of bitter and artificial like the Cookies & Cream, but this final version is A LOT better. If anyone tried the Cinnamon Crunch powder in the labs and hated it, definitely give it another try! It's much sweeter and has a stronger cinnamon flavor. Reminds me a lot of the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch CTD Protein Powder... in fact, it's nearly identical!

8se5opob90rf.jpg

I just tried the cinnamon crunch quest powder in a single packet and it was yuuuummmy! Do you think the tub has as many cinnamon crunchies as the single packets? Because both packets had a bunch of crunchies. If so I'm going to buy the tub.

Mine seems to.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tried this. It's good, but it isn't their old Oatmeal Cookie. Lots of fudge chunks, and I'm not a fan of chunks of chocolate in my ice cream. Sweet, creamy base ice cream. The oatmeal swirl was REALLY swirled in, though. You never really got a bite/chunk of oatmeal cookie swirl like you did in the old Oatmeal Cookie. It was pretty good, but if I'm going to splurge on B&J's, it won't be this flavor next time.

si1sqfr04wrc.jpg

I've also checked my local GNC three or four times for the new lemon Fitjoy, and they still aren't in.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    cd5no13cogg5.jpg
    k8s57a9gjbc0.png