New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

Has anyone tried these new flavors?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The only flavor that looks appealing is the Fried Pickles With Ranch. Maybe Deep Dish Pizza.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

I’m not a big chip person but I’m pretty curious to try out the lobster roll flavor. I was in target and saw some of them yesterday, but not the lobster roll :/ just the pizza and fried pickle.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

NO!!

I would try Cajun spice, pimento cheese & sweet chili :D
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

I've only seen the Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice flavor but that doesn't interest me as crab flavored chips are already pretty common. I'd probably try a few of the others if I saw them though.
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ok... I LOVE my dressings and I will usually just thin out something to keep it in check. I know it's not all that hard but making a vinaigrette myself at home is just something I don't do. Don't ask me why lol. I have tried the Walden but I would get annoyed with the aftertaste after a couple of uses. Same with Bolthouse (although I don't mind the avocado cilantro or the salsa ones as a veggie dip at times). The skinny girl dressings... I tried 2 and just YUCK! I am an avid viewer of Shark Tank and when I saw this guys with his hummus and hummus based dressings I was excited! But being based out of Florida I knew it would probably never make it to NY unless Wegman's or such got ahold of it, I wasn't quick enough before you couldn't get it online. Today I was a t Walmart on my lunch since I had a salad but no dressing! Low and behold there it was! (No hummus yet though, just a few dressings).

The ones I saw on the site I was really excited about were not there so I went with the roasted red pepper (being a traditional hummus flavor). Here's my thoughts... Have to remember this is chickpea based, so if you don't like them you will NOT like this! The roasted pepper was good and the lowest in calories but I wished it had a little kick, but that's an easy fix. I like it wasn't blended smooth and had some texture. More flavorful vegetables overpower the flavor but it was PERFECT for what I was eating which was spring greens, grilled chicken, sunflower seeds, a little tomato and sprouts. I really want to try the greek and honey mustard if they become available. I will get the buffalo soon.

There site looks like a work in progress (store locator says nowhere) but there is a 1.00 off in store purchase if you can find it (https://www.odanghummus.com/collections/all-products) so I printed a couple and will shoot to try other flavors. The site has a price of 4.99 which is pricey but as you can see in store it was 3.48. Ending in an 8 shows it is on trial with the store but hey it made it all the way to NY! Hope it says and other products are picked up!dqkxtsy0ww7h.jpg
    r5xwisk1aur4.jpg
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

The way I understood it is that each flavor will only be available in the region it was inspired by:

"The eight “Tastes of America” flavors are:

Pacific Northwest: Thai Sweet Chili
    Northeast: New England Lobster Roll
    Heartland and Mid-America: Deep Dish Pizza
    Mid-Atlantic: Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice
    Midwest: Fried Pickles with Ranch
    Southeast: Pimento Cheese
    Gulf Coast: Cajun Spice
    Southwest: Chili Con Queso"

As a true southern girl, I'm pretty excited about the Pimento Cheese but sad to not get to try some of the other flavors.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hanksmom79 wrote: »
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

The way I understood it is that each flavor will only be available in the region it was inspired by:

As a true southern girl, I'm pretty excited about the Pimento Cheese but sad to not get to try some of the other flavors.

Whats funny is this north east girl has never had a lobster roll lol i hate seafood
  • thynes1313
    edited July 2018
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice, Fried Pickles with Ranch, Thai Sweet Chili and New England Lobster Roll all I have recently seen locally and I live smack in the middle of NY state... so there is hope! My son has gotten thai and pickle and yes I liked both (but then again those are the 2 I knew I would probably).

• thynes1313
    edited July 2018
    Options

Got these at Walmart today as well. I have made crisps at home but these were just there... saying "put me in your desk for tomorrow!"vnbshunbdl9y.jpg
    Well I did but of course I had to try them today! Pretty good! Super salty as to be expected but good flavor and only 6 satisfied my "chip craving" at 4:00 when that is the LAST thing I need.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

I'm in NV so I'm guessing we'd be closest to Mid America and get the pizza one? Or none? :(
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

vnb_208 wrote: »
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

Whats funny is this north east girl has never had a lobster roll lol i hate seafood

Yep a southern girl here who hates pimento cheese! I would buy the con queso though!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    l05gxweh4zdm.jpg

Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice, Fried Pickles with Ranch, Thai Sweet Chili and New England Lobster Roll all I have recently seen locally and I live smack in the middle of NY state... so there is hope! My son has gotten thai and pickle and yes I liked both (but then again those are the 2 I knew I would probably).

I saw all the ones you mentioned too and I am in ny too, lol.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    large_213c75c1-5739-443c-bf63-aad46223f9cc.jpg

Bought these because they were only 1.29 for an entire box of 15 on amazon prime day. Good but not great and way too small. One 100 calorie bar was like 1in x 1 in.

Tried the quest waffle bars. These were really sticky. I did like the gobs of "syrup" throughout the bar. And you can definitely taste those blueberry muffin crunchy pieces throughout. I thought it was extremely sweet, almost too sweet, and nothing is usually too sweet for me. If you liked the cereal bars you will like these because they have the same taste. I wouldn't buy again because I wasn't crazy about them. dma7lwg8gp22.jpeg

The quest bars definitely are narrower now. (I had a chocolate chip cookie one and it was way thinner than the maple)

Also made my own mock quest bars with vitafiber. I started off boring so I could make sure I perfect the base first. The first batch was using a chocolate base with cranberries, almonds, cashews. This time I made in a pie pan and just cut. One slice was 180 calories and bigger than a quest bar.  The texture was on point with the recipe I used. Almost exactly the same as quest bar. I can't wait to try the other flavors I have planned. I remember why I stopped years back though, it is a pain and a mess to make lol.422j5n9l3guo.jpeg
    0k1cz4ds8ji6.jpeg09ccgawup35t.jpeg

I used this 813X%2BAIEaoL._SY355_.jpg

How do you make them, what else do you add? Is there a recipe you follow for the base and then a separate recipe for the flavors??
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone try this one?

Breakfast-Cereal-Flavored-Peanut-Butter.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    large_213c75c1-5739-443c-bf63-aad46223f9cc.jpg

Bought these because they were only 1.29 for an entire box of 15 on amazon prime day. Good but not great and way too small. One 100 calorie bar was like 1in x 1 in.

Tried the quest waffle bars. These were really sticky. I did like the gobs of "syrup" throughout the bar. And you can definitely taste those blueberry muffin crunchy pieces throughout. I thought it was extremely sweet, almost too sweet, and nothing is usually too sweet for me. If you liked the cereal bars you will like these because they have the same taste. I wouldn't buy again because I wasn't crazy about them. dma7lwg8gp22.jpeg

The quest bars definitely are narrower now. (I had a chocolate chip cookie one and it was way thinner than the maple)

Also made my own mock quest bars with vitafiber. I started off boring so I could make sure I perfect the base first. The first batch was using a chocolate base with cranberries, almonds, cashews. This time I made in a pie pan and just cut. One slice was 180 calories and bigger than a quest bar.  The texture was on point with the recipe I used. Almost exactly the same as quest bar. I can't wait to try the other flavors I have planned. I remember why I stopped years back though, it is a pain and a mess to make lol.422j5n9l3guo.jpeg
    0k1cz4ds8ji6.jpeg09ccgawup35t.jpeg

I used this 813X%2BAIEaoL._SY355_.jpg

How do you make them, what else do you add? Is there a recipe you follow for the base and then a separate recipe for the flavors??

The bar looks amazing @Noreenmarie1234!

Can't wait to see how your chocolate peanut butter flavor turns out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    qhhphmqr138d.jpg

$8 and fee shipping you havent tried them. I'm so happy cause these are some of my favorite protein cookies

I saw these in a store and wondered about them. Thanks for that review. I will grab some next time.

I ordered a box of Lenny and larry cookies from Amazon with my $10 discount from Whole Foods primemday. 12 each of birthday cake and snickerdoodle 2 oz cookies ended up being only $14 delivered.. sweet!

Has anyone tried the two ingredient dough pizza yet? This one is 575 calories, 40 grams of protein, cost me about $2 to make.

qc3o74ik44un.jpg

Will have to look for the new Yoplait yogurts.

Your pizza looks better than the Quest varieties.