New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    pndiu3c3ayn3.jpg
    51aB9pJo%2BaL._SY450_.jpg
    Finally got around to trying this the other day and was pleasantly surprised! 100000000x better than those nasty tofu noodles. These actually were like real pasta. I mean obviously if you are used to eating real pasta, I am sure you won't find these as good, but they have been the best substitute I've found.

This was only 40 calories of noodles and it was a HUGE serving size. Good thing I didn't cook up the whole bag. I was thinking about using the whole bag for a gigantic pasta bowl (120 cal in whole bag + 50 cal sauce + 50 cal broccoli = 220 calories for GIGANTIC bowl of pasta) but was afraid it would bother my stomach after having some of their other products. Great for volume eaters though.

The pasta itself doesn't really have any flavor. It reminds me of gluten free pasta taste. I had to cook for about 15 minutes to get it to be soft enough because it was too firm at first. They don't specify how long to boil but I found at 10 minutes it was still al dente.

I added nosalt salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, onion powder to the noodles and then topped with broccoli, tomato sauce and had grilled chicken on the side. Very filling and delicious meal. I had a hard time believing I could eat all this pasta for so few calories. I didn't get the "carb energy burst" that I usually get after a high carb pasta meal though. I can usually tell physically after I eat something very high in carbs/calories, so it seems as though they are pretty accurate.

I would most definitely buy these again as they were delicious and the perfect pasta substitute. I have had tofu noodles in the past and could only ever choke them down when I extensively prepared them and made them into a stir fry, and even then......not very good lol. These at least taste like real pasta and go well with regular pasta sauces.
    I agree with absolutely everything, but I was less creative and only added sauce no seasonings haha I’ll have to go back and try that for more flavor it sounds amazing! Honestly, I sort of liked them a little more firm and chewy though x)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    pndiu3c3ayn3.jpg
    Finally got around to trying this the other day and was pleasantly surprised! 100000000x better than those nasty tofu noodles. These actually were like real pasta. I mean obviously if you are used to eating real pasta, I am sure you won't find these as good, but they have been the best substitute I've found.

This was only 40 calories of noodles and it was a HUGE serving size. Good thing I didn't cook up the whole bag. I was thinking about using the whole bag for a gigantic pasta bowl (120 cal in whole bag + 50 cal sauce + 50 cal broccoli = 220 calories for GIGANTIC bowl of pasta) but was afraid it would bother my stomach after having some of their other products. Great for volume eaters though.

The pasta itself doesn't really have any flavor. It reminds me of gluten free pasta taste. I had to cook for about 15 minutes to get it to be soft enough because it was too firm at first. They don't specify how long to boil but I found at 10 minutes it was still al dente.

I added nosalt salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, onion powder to the noodles and then topped with broccoli, tomato sauce and had grilled chicken on the side. Very filling and delicious meal. I had a hard time believing I could eat all this pasta for so few calories. I didn't get the "carb energy burst" that I usually get after a high carb pasta meal though. I can usually tell physically after I eat something very high in carbs/calories, so it seems as though they are pretty accurate.

I would most definitely buy these again as they were delicious and the perfect pasta substitute. I have had tofu noodles in the past and could only ever choke them down when I extensively prepared them and made them into a stir fry, and even then......not very good lol. These at least taste like real pasta and go well with regular pasta sauces.

You're saying that they don't have any flavor then that they are delicious, which is it?

Kinda curious of the price though... not sure saving 200 calories is worth $5 lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2017
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pndiu3c3ayn3.jpg

You're saying that they don't have any flavor then that they are delicious, which is it?

Kinda curious of the price though... not sure saving 200 calories is worth $5 lol.

Sorry, haha. The meal was delicious and when I added spices and sauce, the dish tasted fantastic. The noodles themselves without anything weren't flavorful, but I wouldn't eat plain noodles anyways. I just tried them plain to see if they had any flavor on their own because I was curious. I don't expect low carb noodles to taste amazing without anything on them. I was just adding that so people know they don't really have any taste on their own so you would want to add sauces.

I got these as sample, so didn't realize how they are over 5 bucks a pack (double the shirataki cost), yikes. I can't afford to buy them regularly, maybe once in a blue moon when I have a pasta craving though because it was awesome to be able to eat so much pasta.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    If you haven’t tried Buff Bake peanut butter cookies, don’t bother. My dog would hardly eat it. The Quest Birthday cake on the other hand - is the bomb!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Has anyone tried the slim fast caffeine shakes? I admit I'm intrigued.
  • hgycta
    Oh my goodness these things are heaven sent! I honestly didn’t expect to like them that much, but they remind me of a high fat cookie snack I would be packed back in elementary school. The texture of the cookie and cream screamed nutter butter so I’m definitely going back now to try the peanut butter flavor.... 10/10 nothing I would change. Not artificial or anything. Great size, too, pretty big cookies! I definitely recommend! Excellent cocoa flavor, they should have done a chocolate peanut butter but without a doubt they’ll add more flavors I know these will sell very well! A lot better than even their regular protein cookies!
    0obdd9apd0ii.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2017

lisaepell wrote: »
    Tempted to try these even though I hate tofu noodles I’m interested how the ones already prepared with sauce taste. Anyone ever tried prepackaged ones like this ?mdm5b1td0lbn.jpeg
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

I'm intrigued by these. Just ordered the variety pack from Amazon, there's a discount if you subscribe, but they are quite pricey. I'll report back once I get them.

Did you ever end up trying these? Curious to hear what you thought.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I LOVED this! I got it in my stocking and could of used 5 more lol. It was almost like eating a mix of butterscotch and pb baking chips. I could of eaten 5 of them, lol. It almost had a browned butter taste to it. The base is a strong peanut butter. It was very sweet with a caramel/toffee/butterscotch flavor on top of the peanut butter. The flavor almost reminded me of the capn crunch peanut butter. Was not as crunchy as I expected, but more of a smooth bar. I didn't really notice the pretzels in it, but I did notice the salty taste. Awesome balance of sweet and salty.w15pfw7vdrw1.png

THIS BAR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'VE ALREADY PURCHASED 3 :(
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh my goodness these things are heaven sent! I honestly didn’t expect to like them that much, but they remind me of a high fat cookie snack I would be packed back in elementary school. The texture of the cookie and cream screamed nutter butter so I’m definitely going back now to try the peanut butter flavor.... 10/10 nothing I would change. Not artificial or anything. Great size, too, pretty big cookies! I definitely recommend! Excellent cocoa flavor, they should have done a chocolate peanut butter but without a doubt they’ll add more flavors I know these will sell very well! A lot better than even their regular protein cookies!
    0obdd9apd0ii.jpeg

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE IS SOLD OUT :'(
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    I LOVED this! I got it in my stocking and could of used 5 more lol. It was almost like eating a mix of butterscotch and pb baking chips. I could of eaten 5 of them, lol. It almost had a browned butter taste to it. The base is a strong peanut butter. It was very sweet with a caramel/toffee/butterscotch flavor on top of the peanut butter. The flavor almost reminded me of the capn crunch peanut butter. Was not as crunchy as I expected, but more of a smooth bar. I didn't really notice the pretzels in it, but I did notice the salty taste. Awesome balance of sweet and salty.w15pfw7vdrw1.png

I agree 1000%! My favorite bar used to be their cookies and cream one but this is yummier!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    0obdd9apd0ii.jpeg

I can't wait to try this one! I had the peanut butter one and it was sooo good! I'm going today and getting all the flavors they have.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I finally tried my Mochi Green Tea Halo Top last night. It was actually much better than I expected. I am not a green tea fan, and I honestly didn't even know what mochi was. The flavor grew on me more and more as I ate the pint. My only complaint is that there were only about 6 mochi (mochis? mochii? :D ) in it. Not my top favorite flavor, but a solid back-up flavor.
  • hgycta
    I finally tried my Mochi Green Tea Halo Top last night. It was actually much better than I expected. I am not a green tea fan, and I honestly didn't even know what mochi was. The flavor grew on me more and more as I ate the pint. My only complaint is that there were only about 6 mochi (mochis? mochii? :D ) in it. Not my top favorite flavor, but a solid back-up flavor.
    That’s strange, my pints have at least one mochi in each spoonful the pint is mostly mochi and less ice cream usually each time I get it haha maybe a bad pint?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    That’s strange, my pints have at least one mochi in each spoonful the pint is mostly mochi and less ice cream usually each time I get it haha maybe a bad pint?

Bummer. I would have really liked that!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Birthday-Cake-Rice-Krispies-Treats.jpg?resize=425%2C600&ssl=1

I will be buying these if I come across. I have a slight obsession with anything birthday cake flavored lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Birthday-Cake-Rice-Krispies-Treats.jpg?resize=425%2C600&ssl=1

I will be buying these if I come across. I have a slight obsession with anything birthday cake flavored lol.

For me it's pretty much the pretty colors so those babies will be mine too.

And, of course, the cookies and cream version.
  • hgycta
    That feeling when you FINALLY find two of your favorite flavors of halo top both in stock and on sale x3 this would never have happened if it wasn’t for these forums haha lord help my bank account if they ever release a cotton candy flavor
    0upfwxi693sg.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    That feeling when you FINALLY find two of your favorite flavors of halo top both in stock and on sale x3 this would never have happened if it wasn’t for these forums haha lord help my bank account if they ever release a cotton candy flavor
    0upfwxi693sg.jpeg

Hmmmmm I wonder how halo top dipped butterfingers would taste...