New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The diet coke zesty blood orange tastes like alka seltzer.....I couldn't drink the can. The mango is bettered but pretty sweet
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Any Chicagoans been able to find the Nutter Butter cereal? I've checked Marianos, Jewel, Walgreens, Target but no luck!

I am also still searching for the Magnum Pint ice creams.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The diet coke zesty blood orange tastes like alka seltzer.....I couldn't drink the can. The mango is bettered but pretty sweet

I tried the cherry-flavored one, hoping for the taste of nostalgia when I lived off of Diet Cherry Coke in college. It was...kind of the same?...but then there was this weird chemical-burning taste at the back. I couldn't finish it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Any Chicagoans been able to find the Nutter Butter cereal? I've checked Marianos, Jewel, Walgreens, Target but no luck!

Do you have a Walmart close by?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I saw it in Walmart yesterday (in Idaho).
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

it's exclusive to Walmart until April
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

I tried the cherry-flavored one, hoping for the taste of nostalgia when I lived off of Diet Cherry Coke in college. It was...kind of the same?...but then there was this weird chemical-burning taste at the back. I couldn't finish it.

Yeah that's kinda what I got with the orange. The mango may have masked it because it was so sweet. I think I'll stick to the regular flavors
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tried this last night for dinner and it was tasty. Great flavor and spice to it. I wish there was more chicken and more tortilla chips, but overall it's a 9/10.
    wvfgfjfwn889.jpeg
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Do you have a Walmart close by?

Aha. I didn't even think to look there. I typically avoid Walmart like the plague, but this will be worth the trip.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    851469000137-1.jpg
    I tried this the other day. It was really yummy! Almost like a minty chai tea. Perfect for cold weather. I just wish that they were less pricey. :(
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I was in the Vitamin Shoppe the other day and noticed this. I’ve seen MyCookie before, but never a red velvet flavor and I have a weakness for red velvet so I got it.
    I typically favor texture over flavor when it comes down to it so I really liked these. They had more of a brownie feel to them and when microwaved I loved how gooey the cream cheese chips were but even at room temperature it was so dense yet incredibly smooth!
    As for taste, they could have done better. The red velvet was executed pretty well but the cookie itself has that protein taste and then something else I’m not crazy about (might be maltitol or Splenda). Wish they would’ve used erythritol or monk fruit, but not everyone likes those.
    I wouldn’t get again simply because the taste needs to be improved, but it was very enjoyable and I loved the texture of it!!!! Probably the first bakery protein treat I’ve tried for breakfast that does NOT taste well dipped in coffee, however...
    adaushv8urje.jpeg
    j0cvmwkg74w2.jpeg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not a food product. For me, it's my Instant Pot. I am learning to use and love it! I made Chicken Tika Masala from a new Indian instant pot recipe book I bought. I love Indian food (actually I love many ethnic foods). Spooned over 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice it came to about 300 calories.

The Instant Pot is amazing. If it did nothing more than hard cook eggs that were effortless to peel, I'd have one in my kitchen...but it does more. So much more.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I was in the Vitamin Shoppe the other day and noticed this. I’ve seen MyCookie before, but never a red velvet flavor and I have a weakness for red velvet so I got it.
    I typically favor texture over flavor when it comes down to it so I really liked these. They had more of a brownie feel to them and when microwaved I loved how gooey the cream cheese chips were but even at room temperature it was so dense yet incredibly smooth!
    As for taste, they could have done better. The red velvet was executed pretty well but the cookie itself has that protein taste and then something else I’m not crazy about (might be maltitol or Splenda). Wish they would’ve used erythritol or monk fruit, but not everyone likes those.
    I wouldn’t get again simply because the taste needs to be improved, but it was very enjoyable and I loved the texture of it!!!! Probably the first bakery protein treat I’ve tried for breakfast that does NOT taste well dipped in coffee, however...

I love those! My Bar is also really good.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    adaushv8urje.jpeg
    j0cvmwkg74w2.jpeg

It looks super good though!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,608 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind, as usual, but I finished the pint of Halo Top Caramel Macchiatto (soooooo perfect for this non coffee drinker) and whipped out the Rainbow Swirl flavor. I bought two pints assuming I would love it like all the other flavors I've tried (hell, I even got used to the pancakes and waffles flavor!) but there was this very off taste to it and both pints ended up in the trash. It almost tasted medicinal. I was pretty darned sad.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm a little behind, as usual, but I finished the pint of Halo Top Caramel Macchiatto (soooooo perfect for this non coffee drinker) and whipped out the Rainbow Swirl flavor. I bought two pints assuming I would love it like all the other flavors I've tried (hell, I even got used to the pancakes and waffles flavor!) but there was this very off taste to it and both pints ended up in the trash. It almost tasted medicinal. I was pretty darned sad.

That's funny. Caramel Macchiato may be my #1 favorite, and Pancakes and Waffles ended up in the trash. :laugh:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

That's a shame you didn't like the rainbow swirl flavor! However, I think it's funny you bring that up about the pancakes and waffles flavor as yesterday I was at Shoprite and decided to buy it again even though I remember hating it at first (they were out of Green Tea Mochi, my second favorite behind caramel macchiato so I didn't want to leave completely empty-handed), but I had it last night and found myself actually impressed this time around! I can taste the stevia which I originally didn't like and thought was strong, but I can taste more of the maple syrup flavor now. It's weird how your taste buds can grow to like different flavors you previously hated (this has happened with several pints so far)! Still, the caramel macchiato remains my ultimate favorite ;)

I didn't see any of those new Talenti pints though! :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    adaushv8urje.jpeg
    j0cvmwkg74w2.jpeg

It looks super good though!

I sampled a ton of these in all flavors before as well as the brownies and blondes and thought they were pretty good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Looking forward most to the idea they stole from me the Firework Oreos :/:D

I bet that flavor will end up tasting like crap.

LOL that was def your idea. You posted here way before they ever announced it. I have been eating more of the peeps oreos and they are growing on me. I mean I don't think I've ever had an oreo I didn't like.

Finally got around to trying a few of the myprotein things....

IMG_9575.jpg
    0/10, did not even finish. Was nothing like a blondie in the least bit. Had a terrible bland taste to it and was extremely dense and just not very good at all. Almost had a play dough like taste in the worst possible way... The white chocolate chips could not even salvage the flavor and I could not taste them at all.

bc543aed59a95e904f964e75bd2ff648.jpg
    8/10, very good. I loved the apple pie bars and they tasted EXTREMELY similar to quest. I may even like them better than the apple pie quest bars. I like how their bars are a tad bit bigger for the same calorie amount.

Oh wait I guess I didn't like the blondie LOL. I remember loving the bars they all tasted pretty similar to quest old formula.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    Options
    double post