New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @hgycta My sister struggled with anorexia for years. Not sure which type you struggle with, but I know how hard recovery is and how miserable it is going through it so sending you hugs <3. Do what is right for you and if coming to the boards makes you want to log, DON'T! lol. BUt still hope to see you if it doesn't trigger you or upset your recovery posting about new fun food finds :smiley:

jrpprfm8yhzi.jpeg
    lvsvfyoc1rdw.jpeg
    nns6dk5ta69q.jpeg
    cpczth9yc1h5.jpeg

Not new by any means, but first time trying wegmans brand nature valley knock offs. 100x better than nature valley and much cheaper. I love wegmans brand bars. I tried to show how toasty they were because they are much more toasted than nature valley and have more peanut butter on top which is a double win in my book! Absolutely delicious and I will be buying these again when I have the craving. Worth trying if you like nature valley style bars and have a wegmans around.

yznty5jxq7xn.png
    WANT!

I thought this was edible cookie dough but now that I look again I think it’s just preprepared dough to bake.. I was hoping it was edible cookie dough lol. Still might try if they have on sale sometime they are coming out with a few flavors.
    5brbpnrkfler.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    @hgycta Where have you been?

I’m at Canopy Cove right now for an eating disorder, so I probably will be sitting out of a lot of good stuff on here... I’m sure I’ve missed A LOT! :( I’ll miss you guys so much! I HAVENT EVEN TRIED THE NEW ENLIGHTENED YET. OR IHOP’S NEW PUMPKIN CINNABON PANCAKES. OR BOB EVANS NEW BISCUIT BOWLS.
    I need to live vicariously through all of you, go out and enjoy these things for me! I wish you all the best in everything! <3

I wish you the best in your recovery and hope I didn't trigger you or anything. Hope everything goes well

Thank you!!! You guys didn’t trigger me; my problem was just being OCD about calorie counting, so I won’t be doing that anymore but I’m still going to be occasionally stalking these forums because the foodie inside me looooves all the new stuff coming out! I also refuse to miss it when/if Halo Top or Enlightened come out with a cotton candy or carrot cake pint!

I’m at Canopy Cove right now for an eating disorder, so I probably will be sitting out of a lot of good stuff on here... I’m sure I’ve missed A LOT! :( I’ll miss you guys so much! I HAVENT EVEN TRIED THE NEW ENLIGHTENED YET. OR IHOP’S NEW PUMPKIN CINNABON PANCAKES. OR BOB EVANS NEW BISCUIT BOWLS.
    I need to live vicariously through all of you, go out and enjoy these things for me! I wish you all the best in everything! <3

So much love and wishing you the best in your recovery ♥️

Thank you! <3
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    @hgycta Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks, I appreciate it!!!
    Will be thinking of you @hgycta good luck with your recovery hun. Was this planned? I had no idea you struggled.

Yes, I originally struggled with really restrictive eating in 2012 but never really got to a healthy weight; I knew eventually I’d be better off going to a residential program to have a dietitian help me one-on-one, but I waited until I finished high school and college first. I only have like 5-10 pounds left to gain, so it wasn’t incredibly serious. I have maybe 2-3 weeks left though, it’s not too bad! I appreciate all the love and concern! :)

All the best in your recovery! <3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    6u19h7qz5wsf.png

This would be good without the Hershey part :D Just give me a Reese's lol (I just really don't like Hershey).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I want

Dunkin-Donuts-Original-Blend-Coffee-Thins.jpg?resize=552%2C550&ssl=1
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    izl3gelifzwl.jpeg

I was intrigued. I’m going to try it out on some thin waffle cookies.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

A friend who lives in a different part of the state raves about chocolate hummus, I have never seen it. This area has a large middle eastern population and some great Lebanese, Greek, middle eastern bakeries, shops and restaurants so I don't buy store brands. But I want to try the flavored stuff sometime.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    izl3gelifzwl.jpeg

I really like it! Haven't had that brand though. Great on graham crackers or chocolate rice cakes.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Not sure if you guys are still into Combat Crunch bars, but they are on sale on Amazon for about $15 a box. And so are Quest Bday Cake bars!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    ci638ih61m1r.png
    White chocolate raspberry?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ci638ih61m1r.png
    White chocolate raspberry?

Strawberry shortcake?

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I just went through all the posts really quick and all I can say is... WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING!!!?! So many DELICIOUS pumpkin things and ice cream things!!!!
    It’s been almost 30 days and I haven’t been allowed to drink coffee, but you know what turned out to be even harder? Not having any Halo Top or Enlightened! Or those other things... those fiber one bars look so amazing! And so do the new Quest bars! Heck even the Yasso bars look delicious and I don’t even remember trying or liking Yasso all that much!

I NEED TO FIND THIS THOUGH ONCE I’M AT A GROCERY STORE AGAIN.
    mm44mkd80x6k.jpeg

When I get out of here I’m stepping down to a 2 week PHP program where I get to meal plan on my own using their exchange system so I don’t get so OCD about counting calories. But there’s no Shoprites or any stores I’m familiar with besides Walmart. My other option is a Publix. Does anyone know if Publix carries any of the new Enlightened’s or if it carries anything worth trying while I’m in Florida? Maryland doesn’t have any Publix so I don’t know whether to try it out or stick to Walmart...

*Late reply because I often lurk and forget to respond*

I suspected you were helping yourself. I truly wish you the best recovery!
    As far as Publix is concerned, I am very much biased towards them. Whenever I've had to live in a Publix-less area, I've missed the store. Publix is big on customer satisfaction, and it shows. They tend to be a bit more expensive than other local grocery stores, but they have new buy one get one free deals every week that end up saving me money. The Enlightened flavors they carry vary for each store. Go to publix.com and select a store using your zip code. Unlike some other businesses, Publix is very good with keeping its website updated on available items at each store. Publix subs are a much loved food. People in Florida love them like they love Starbucks. I personally think they're tasty, but not crazy amazing, but the majority seems to think so. Give them a try! I always check their clearance area. I've gotten so many great deals this way.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's because these were frozen whereas the chocolate chip cookies were only kept in the fridge, but I just tried the lemon Know Better cookies and don't care for them at all! Very weird, off-putting texture and doesn't taste anything like a cookie should (more like an expired whole food almond/lemon protein bar). @Noreenmarie1234 if you didn't put any of your goodies in the freezer to keep it longer then try to avoid it at all costs!
    pyinp5a10qtn.jpg

I got sunflower seed bread once at the store and this cookie reminds me of it nearly 100% with the taste and texture, just with more lemon. I hated this bread and never finished it, and same will happen with these cookies. I'm hoping my boyfriend will like them since I gave him the rest of the chocolate chip and he loved it. At least it's filling.
    wifarwwcv61m.jpg

That bread looks like a loaf of scrapple.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2018
    Options
    These bagels are half the size and double the calories of the slim thin bagels. They are MUCH more like real bagels in taste and texture. I’m still skeptical thin slim ones are 60 calories for a gigantic bagel double the size of these...

I only tried the garlic butter and everything flavor so far. They are okay but nothing great. Not much different than just buying mini Thomas bagels for 1/4 the price since they are only a little bigger. The garlic butter had no flavor but the everything were pretty good. Still nothing I would buy. Real bagels are so much better so I’d rather just budget my calories instead of eating a mediocre stale tasting bagel.

Also tried this cream cheese, it was just okay. Very bland without a strong flavor. The daiya and go veggie vegan cc is way better.

e3shbl1yb5wf.jpeg
    gn1ecxtz1bab.jpeg
    xj56u8gmfwzr.jpeg
    665cslyam628.jpeg
    3xqoj9uxoz7c.jpeg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    I just went through all the posts really quick and all I can say is... WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING!!!?! So many DELICIOUS pumpkin things and ice cream things!!!!
    It’s been almost 30 days and I haven’t been allowed to drink coffee, but you know what turned out to be even harder? Not having any Halo Top or Enlightened! Or those other things... those fiber one bars look so amazing! And so do the new Quest bars! Heck even the Yasso bars look delicious and I don’t even remember trying or liking Yasso all that much!

I NEED TO FIND THIS THOUGH ONCE I’M AT A GROCERY STORE AGAIN.
    mm44mkd80x6k.jpeg

When I get out of here I’m stepping down to a 2 week PHP program where I get to meal plan on my own using their exchange system so I don’t get so OCD about counting calories. But there’s no Shoprites or any stores I’m familiar with besides Walmart. My other option is a Publix. Does anyone know if Publix carries any of the new Enlightened’s or if it carries anything worth trying while I’m in Florida? Maryland doesn’t have any Publix so I don’t know whether to try it out or stick to Walmart...

*Late reply because I often lurk and forget to respond*

I suspected you were helping yourself. I truly wish you the best recovery!
    As far as Publix is concerned, I am very much biased towards them. Whenever I've had to live in a Publix-less area, I've missed the store. Publix is big on customer satisfaction, and it shows. They tend to be a bit more expensive than other local grocery stores, but they have new buy one get one free deals every week that end up saving me money. The Enlightened flavors they carry vary for each store. Go to publix.com and select a store using your zip code. Unlike some other businesses, Publix is very good with keeping its website updated on available items at each store. Publix subs are a much loved food. People in Florida love them like they love Starbucks. I personally think they're tasty, but not crazy amazing, but the majority seems to think so. Give them a try! I always check their clearance area. I've gotten so many great deals this way.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind! :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Free stuff is one awesome perk of being a member of Quest Squad. :p

tqrs5zlq5y4n.jpeg
    su84klgvj15c.jpeg

Have you tried the quest snickerdoodle and gingerbread cookies yet? If so, how does the snickerdoodle compare to lenny and larry (better tasting?). Wondering how good the gingerbread is too!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I finally tried Enlightened's Smores flavor last night! My local Shop Rite miraculously had it the other day for their $2.88 sale, so I snatched that baby right up. It's great! Really, really chocolatey though! Which is good and bad. I really wanted to taste that marshmallow base, but it was hidden by the chocolate ribbon (and very little if any graham). But it really satisifed that chocolate craving I had.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

I wish you the best in your recovery and hope I didn't trigger you or anything. Hope everything goes well

Thank you!!! You guys didn’t trigger me; my problem was just being OCD about calorie counting, so I won’t be doing that anymore but I’m still going to be occasionally stalking these forums because the foodie inside me looooves all the new stuff coming out! I also refuse to miss it when/if Halo Top or Enlightened come out with a cotton candy or carrot cake pint!

So much love and wishing you the best in your recovery ♥️

Thank you! <3
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    @hgycta Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks, I appreciate it!!!
    Will be thinking of you @hgycta good luck with your recovery hun. Was this planned? I had no idea you struggled.

Yes, I originally struggled with really restrictive eating in 2012 but never really got to a healthy weight; I knew eventually I’d be better off going to a residential program to have a dietitian help me one-on-one, but I waited until I finished high school and college first. I only have like 5-10 pounds left to gain, so it wasn’t incredibly serious. I have maybe 2-3 weeks left though, it’s not too bad! I appreciate all the love and concern! :)

It's amazing what can happen when a person gets the right help :) . Kudos on doing what's best for you, and we'll be looking forward to your reviews again soon!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Wow funny I posted this morning and then got this surprise! Didnt think I was getting a box but nice! So glad I joined this quest squad thing, nice haul!

s78buz9ay8q1.jpg
    orq4hd6f7k8r.jpg
    Wow LOVED the pumpkin pie. Way better than the previous one! I tasted some subtle chunks thst reminded me of graham cracker crust. Great pumpkin flavor. I haven’t been crazy about any of the new quest flavors, but I am impressed by this one.

I hate mint but wanted to try it so I had a bite of the peppermint bark and it was also really good. Very thick and chewy with a nice coating. The mint wasn’t too strong, which I likely. My boyfriend claimed those he says they are his favorite quest.
    q984r138fkj1.jpeg
    dtgmqwph2b2c.jpeg

Snickerdoodle was terribly boring and flavorless and missing the delicious sugar like Lenny Larry. It was like a plain sugar cookie. Boyfriends review “ this isn’t a snickerdoodle and has a bad aftertaste” . I agree @Mexicangreensalsa the gingerbread was better.

Gingerbread was softer than snickerdoodle and had a nice gingerbread taste. I wish it had some icing though. I prob wouldn’t buy because it wasn’t that great. I’m not too big of a fan of the quest cookies.