New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    1czy6wvnogx7.jpeg
    g6j00y979bhf.jpeg

@hgycta bought these today and thought of you! Our mutual love for cotton candy 🤣 honestly the calories and sugar content in these aren’t that bad for something different.

Please tell me you got it and can report back as to how good it is o: o: o:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I was placing an order on Amazon recently and saw these:

x1omjeqb9yni.png

It's basically a protein rice krispie treat. I purchased the chocolate chip flavor and liked it so much that I ordered the madagascar vanilla which is even better. They also have a chocolate mint flavor but I'm going to wait until I've finished the ones I ordered before buying that. Great calories and macros too. I like that I have a protein alternative to a standard protein bar when I want a snack. I hope they do other flavors in the future like peanut butter.

I just ordered a box. They look delicious!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So instead of getting Dairy Queen I decided to just eat that cookie dough protein pint from Aldi’s because I’ve been thinking about it nonstop and I don’t really live near dairy queen so it didn’t seem worth it.
    It was really good, but not as good as I had hoped. Halo Top and Enlightened’s version were better. I was hoping for more pieces of cookie dough, there weren’t really that much. Kind of underwhelming, but still decent with a nice sweet cream base. (Note: still microwaved for 25-30 seconds to thaw!) The sea salt caramel is still my absolute favorite!
    My favorite part? Finding out those Aldi’s sundae cups I had the other day can survive the dishwasher and using them again as diner style ice cream dishes haha ;D
    i2tlxa3had1a.jpeg

I agree with this opinion on Aldi's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein pint. Underwhelming indeed. I was lucky in that I had bought Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Chunks in the same shopping trip ($2.50 a bag this week! :smiley:) and just threw in a serving or so into my pint. When it comes to ice cream, sea salt caramel alone isn't my most favorite, so I still liked the cookie dough pint better, but the sea salt caramel seemed richer.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    oq9gw6kk2ilv.png
    Have these been reviewed on here yet? Mint is my favorite!

Ew ew ew. Get these off my screen.

Blech!
  • hgycta
    Options
    oq9gw6kk2ilv.png

My parents make homemade cookies & cream ice cream every holiday when the family goes over their house using either double stuff Oreos or mint Oreos... this is definitely going to be a game changer!!!!
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

x1omjeqb9yni.png

It's basically a protein rice krispie treat. I purchased the chocolate chip flavor and liked it so much that I ordered the madagascar vanilla which is even better. They also have a chocolate mint flavor but I'm going to wait until I've finished the ones I ordered before buying that. Great calories and macros too. I like that I have a protein alternative to a standard protein bar when I want a snack. I hope they do other flavors in the future like peanut butter.

Off Amazon? Some of the reviews seem awful.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Did anyone even know this was a thing? [/quote]

@pancakerunner yep, stocked up on em for a while, delicious to me but very artificial tasting so some were adverse
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    logiatype wrote: »

x1omjeqb9yni.png

Everyone has varying tastes but I've learned for a while now to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. I've found great things on Amazon that, if I went by user reviews, I would have missed out on. That's not to say the reviews aren't legit as there are people who probably just don't like the taste or texture of the bars or were expecting something very sweet when it isn't. 76% of the reviews are five-star ones, only six of them being one-star reviews so I took a chance when I bought them and I was happy I did.

@Noreenmarie1234 They kind of do and kind of don't taste like the Ooh Snap! bars. They do in terms of texture, as it really is like a rice krispie treat, especially the vanilla flavor. It's nice and crispy but stretches apart like the real thing when you break it off. However, it doesn't have a coating like the Ooh Snap! Bars and it's a large square instead of the usual long, rectangular protein snack shape.
  • Maxematics
    Options
    oq9gw6kk2ilv.png

Are these actually out yet? I kept reading they'd be out sometime in July and only snack food instagrammers/bloggers got to taste them in advance. I think they'll be good because Mint Oreos are one of their best flavors. The fudge covered mint ones they released in May are also very good. I just wonder how they will make these differ from the other two since mint is a dominant flavor.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

x1omjeqb9yni.png

Everyone has varying tastes but I've learned for a while now to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. I've found great things on Amazon that, if I went by user reviews, I would have missed out on. That's not to say the reviews aren't legit as there are people who probably just don't like the taste or texture of the bars or were expecting something very sweet when it isn't. 76% of the reviews are five-star ones, only six of them being one-star reviews so I took a chance when I bought them and I was happy I did.

@Noreenmarie1234 They kind of do and kind of don't taste like the Ooh Snap! bars. They do in terms of texture, as it really is like a rice krispie treat, especially the vanilla flavor. It's nice and crispy but stretches apart like the real thing when you break it off. However, it doesn't have a coating like the Ooh Snap! Bars and it's a large square instead of the usual long, rectangular protein snack shape.

How are these any different than the Enlightened Cloud10 bars???
  • hgycta
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I don’t know if anyone has reviewed the Slimfast Slim Cafe drinks yet, but I found them in the dollar tree of all places so picked up one of each. I’m drinking the mocha macchiato flavor now and it is AWFUL. I’m not a fan of sucralose, and that’s all I can taste along with very bitter coffee. It reminds me of those Sunniva Super Coffees (even though they use different sweeteners), which I also didn’t like but I know others here do. So, if you like those, you might like these! But if you don’t, stay away!
    On the plus side, I have a really high caffeine tolerance and these made me jittery a bit so they must have A LOT of caffeine in them! (Possibly just as much if not more so than a monster) but I would MUCH rather use 60 more calories and drink a vanilla java caffe monster instead
    dmv8vzqpkf57.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    1czy6wvnogx7.jpeg
    g6j00y979bhf.jpeg

@hgycta bought these today and thought of you! Our mutual love for cotton candy 🤣 honestly the calories and sugar content in these aren’t that bad for something different.

Please tell me you got it and can report back as to how good it is o: o: o:

Bought a couple (only $0.99 lol), while report back! Don't think its a new product honestly, but never tried the cotton candy flavor before :)
  • Maxematics
    Options

x1omjeqb9yni.png

How are these any different than the Enlightened Cloud10 bars???

Not sure; I've never tried them because the nutritional facts kind of turned me off. Just like Lenny and Larry cookies, I couldn't see myself just eating half of a rice krispie treat at a time, so I just passed up on it. I also didn't think 280 calories for 15 grams of protein was the best trade off.

The Promix ones are 40g per serving and the Enlightened ones are 37.5g per serving which is fairly close in size. However when comparing servings, the Promix one has better stats in my opinion. It has double the protein, less sodium/sugar, and more fiber:
    7yssjbq6rgmv.png

9q42h544rh4d.png

• Maxematics
    Options
    I don’t know if anyone has reviewed the Slimfast Slim Cafe drinks yet, but I found them in the dollar tree of all places so picked up one of each. I’m drinking the mocha macchiato flavor now and it is AWFUL. I’m not a fan of sucralose, and that’s all I can taste along with very bitter coffee. It reminds me of those Sunniva Super Coffees (even though they use different sweeteners), which I also didn’t like but I know others here do. So, if you like those, you might like these! But if you don’t, stay away!
    On the plus side, I have a really high caffeine tolerance and these made me jittery a bit so they must have A LOT of caffeine in them! (Possibly just as much if not more so than a monster) but I would MUCH rather use 60 more calories and drink a vanilla java caffe monster instead
    dmv8vzqpkf57.jpeg

I just looked these up. Apparently they were released a while back and discontinued which may be why they were found at the Dollar Tree. Many people had the same sentiments as you about the taste. What a shame because it seems like that could have been a good product with some tweaking. I actually like the Sunniva(Kitu) Super Coffees and just bought the new Super Espresso cans at Target recently.
  • oocdc2
    Options

x1omjeqb9yni.png

Hey--nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    hatnqgjib81x.png
    ioke900ugbks.png

Again, not new. But wondering if anyone has tried?? Thinking of buying (deal on Amazon).
  • oocdc2
    Options

x1omjeqb9yni.png

Hey--nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Just got them, thanks to Amazon shipping. They are whang-y at first, but the finishing bites were quite good. And the macros are great! Not sure they're worth more that $1.00/bar, but they're a nice break from other protein bars.