WEIGHTLOSS norm?

Options
Is extreme loss of appetite normal for weightloss?? I find myself forcing myself to try keeping up with my calories and feeling really sick afterward I don't feel sick or starved I don't feel hungry at all the last week or so I don't know if I should be worried or if this is normal I would describe my excersizing as moderate at most...

Replies

• lcouture1991
    lcouture1991 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My calorie "goal" is 1200, mostly egg whites in the morning, veggies and fish or chicken in the afternoon,Greek yogurt and fruit at night
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 + half of exercise calories and it's not a problem to get them in. If I have a day where I don't eat all my calories, that's usually followed by a day when I am more hungry than usual.

It is not normal to feel sick after you eat. Is there a bug going around your school or work?
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    One way to get more calories would be to eat the whole egg. You would get a little bit of much needed fat in your diet that way too.
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    Mrm27 I don't know the specifics like that and I eat like that because it's how I know I'll get all the calories without being sick I've been forcing myself to eat as close to 1200 as possible because I have been working out and I have a physical job (cna) that I'm not accounting for calorie burn
    Obscuremusicreference
    I usually am not sickened at the thought of eating I usually don't have a problem eating it's only been the last week or so I've been losing a bit of weight and not really "wanting" anything besides water and feeling sick from forcing myself to eat with no appetite or hunger I do work in 2 nursing homes so yes sickness is everywhere but I don't feel sick I don't function any differently I'm not tired or restless I'm the same "me" except I'm having trouble getting to my calorie goal while remaining healthy
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    In my opinion I'm eating a lot but the calories aren't there when I do get hungry I WANT veggies and fruit or eggs with salsa they're just not high calorie meals I guess I even sprinkle shredded cheese on top for the added 110 calories
  • obscuremusicreference
    edited January 2015
    Options
    In the short term, I would eat BRAT diet things to get me to 1200, and watch for fatigue/other symptoms. Is pregnancy a possibility?

If this persists, see a doctor. I've been losing weight since August and have not had appetite/nausea issues at all.

ETA: I hope not eating back your burn is a recent thing.
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    I'm currently 5'2" and 173.6lbs
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    Eating back my burn?
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    Pregnancy is not likely I have PCOS and have about 2% chance of conceiving while ovulating and only ovulate 2-3x per year
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    These are my "stats"the last 7 dayszpta8fkztnyf.jpg
    vzdrmr9k2skq.jpg
    ev1c9blbhjgc.jpg
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    wike2kf05aco.jpg
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    I'm not starving myself at all actually I eat all day long.
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    And I eat a lot but I just don't feel hungry which makes me feel sick when I eat and am not hungry if you look in my diary you would see that I always make an effort to get as close to 1200 as I physically can and usually I atleast consume 1000 it's not my fault the things I want to eat are low in calories and very filling
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had nausea when I went from a high carb diet (my regular diet) to an overly high protein low carb diet. It turns out I need my bread/rice/pasta fix.

It doesn't seem to me like you are eating a lot of protein though.
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    Idk I'll try to incorporate more protein but even my nutrition wheel says 20% protein and I averaged 23% for the week but the nutrient "breakdown says I need about 11g more a day so I will add more protein. Thank you for the advice I am FAR from starving myself I'm just new to this lifestyle so I don't know everything but I do know I'm not starving
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you feel sick because the food you are eating is wrong for you. Try to get more variety, and don't eat too little. Eat more fat, get enough protein, add fruit, vegetables, nuts, pasta, butter, or anything you like, and hit your calorie goal. Eating isn't rocket science ;)
  • lcouture1991
    Options
    I get that and I do eat everything I like besides pasta i feel like everyone is just accusing me of purposely not eating because I don't want to I like the way I eat (tons of fruit, veggies, eggs, and I already said I could def up my protein) I'm not eating too little I am eating all the time until I can't