WEIGHTLOSS norm?

Options
2»

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I get that and I do eat everything I like besides pasta i feel like everyone is just accusing me of purposely not eating because I don't want to I like the way I eat (tons of fruit, veggies, eggs, and I already said I could def up my protein) I'm not eating too little I am eating all the time until I can't

You're betting way under 1200 calories according to your chart.

I am 5'2 and started out at 171lbs; 1200 calories is not enough. You're either feeling this way because you're not eating foods with enough nutrients and calories in them, your mind is tricking you into feeling sick so you stop eating, or youre eating more than you think, judging by the rapidness of your weightloss I'm assuming it's a combo of the first 2.

You need to be eating more to properly fuel your body and eating foods that have more caloric value.

You may not think you are, but judging by what you posted you are starving your body even if it's not being done purposefully.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating a lot. There are some logging issues so maybe a little more than you think you are, but get rid of the diet foods, shakes, eat the whole egg not the whites. Add some peanut butter, more cheese, more than 4 ounces of chicken.

I normally eat 1200 + calories for dinner so
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    How did you become overweight in the first place then?
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    try lowering your carbs and upping your fats and keeping your protein high. fats are friends, don't be afraid to eat them. I had this problem for quite a while and figured out my appetite came back when my carbs stayed under 100.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Shrinking stomach is ... well ... shrinking.

It happens.

Eat Moar Chikkin!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    How did you become overweight in the first place then?

mmhmm
  • rendash49221
    rendash49221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OP, I also have PCOS and conceived three times and I was told the same as you; no chance of pregnancy without serious fertility help! Don't rule it out; pee on the stick.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    OP, I also have PCOS and conceived three times and I was told the same as you; no chance of pregnancy without serious fertility help! Don't rule it out; pee on the stick.

^yeah, don't rule out pregnancy. It would explain the nausea/lowered appetite, which is common in early pregnancy. Take the test.
    When I was pregnant, in the beginning, I'd feel nauseous about food, but I'd force myself to eat a cracker or bread and it'd go away so then I could eat. By doing that I never had actual morning sickness because as soon as it'd start, I'd have something like bread. Even if you aren't pregnant, maybe some bread or crackers would settle the nausea so you can eat normally.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    A lot of this is in the head...beyond that, when you're eating so little you jack with your hormones, including the hormones that trigger your hunger queues. It's basically an evolutionary response to protect you from the pain of hunger in times of famine and whatnot...

You're basically crashing your diet.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You've lost 5lbs in 4 days which I don't think is recommended by anyone, not surprising you're feeling under the weather. Try nuts, oily fish etc for heathy extra calories, with respect, it ain't rocket science.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You've probably lost your appetite due to a dramatic drop in your usual intake and your stomach adjusting. I am finding I am not very hungry either and I normally net quite low and eat a total of 1200 calories most days, sometimes a little more.

If I ate those calories all in filling foods I'd be too full to eat my total every day and would skip meals so what I tend to do is have 1-2 protein shakes per day with skimmed milk which can amount to 300-400 calories and as they're high protein they also help me meet protein goals. They don't make me feel overly full and they are low carb so my carbs most days are around the 100g or less including the solid food I eat.
  • lcouture1991
    lcouture1991 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you to most of you for the helpful advice and tips feel free to add me I will def be using the tips you suggested and the sarcastic ones you need to understand this is a communication board not everyone knows everything about dieting which is the purpose of posting and questioning your response is not an insult to your answer its JUST a question my goodness does it make you feel good to talk down to someone for not understanding? I will Never post on this communication board again because of the rude comments I received for trying to better understand the changes in my body