Looking for Friends in all the right places - Anyone 44 out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    45 here and been on a while..happy to motivate
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I,m 48F, 2 kids, PT work, lost 49 pounds so far, 35 to onderland. Trying to stay around the 1200calorie mark and get some sort of exercise each day, whether it be mostly walking but sometimes swimming and low impact cardio. I need to get this off once and for all and I,m the only one who can do this for me. Looking for some more friends here, I am regularily on MFP, logging food and exercise each day, looking to have and give motivation and support. Feel free to add me.
  • oriaku
    oriaku Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 47 a mother of 3 kids. Just started using MFP . Feel free to add me also. I could do eith the additional motivation. We are all in this together! I have about 50lbs to lose. I have lost 27lbs so far since October.
  • cfables
    cfables Posts: 3
    Options
    vanbib wrote: »
    Been on before and back again. Been 23 days now and back on MFP for 18 days. I'm a Mom of 3 - 5, 10 and 13, work full time and well you know how it goes. Looking to connect with more for support. I'm here to help and willing to give it. Join me on my journey and I'll join you on yours. I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I've got 50lbs to go and I'm down 6.4 as of today. Look forward to this year! Let the <3 begin!

• cfables
    cfables Posts: 3
    Options
    Way to go for your weight loss so far!! I am new to this site but I am excited to try it and meet people that are in the same boat as myself! I want to lose 60lbs and today is the start of it. Good luck and I hope we can cheer one another along!
  • k2fletcher
    k2fletcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Big year ahead. Turning 44, kids graduation, cancun vacation, wedding with a group of super fit people. I want to like howi feel & my photos. Current 5'7", weight 186, looking for 160/155. Absolutely obtainable. I have always toyed with MFP but need to stay focused for the next 104 days and beyond. I need food guidance with easy to prepare family friendly meals, and accountability & motivation. I enjoyed all posts and they helped me this morning. ..keep them coming!
  • sandradbaggio
    sandradbaggio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also 44, mom of three active boys. I work full time and try to juggle a home and happy life :). I never had much trouble keeping a low weight, as my metabolism was always high. This last year however, things have changed. Having a tough time here. Maybe we can help support each other. I just joined here and for the life of me, cannot find the "add a friend" button. Do you mind adding me? I will keep trying to feel my way around here. Looking forward to connecting with like minded friends
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    46!
  • jglaser0117
    Options
    Hi I am 40 hope that's close enough! I have 4 children the ages of 21, 19, 16 and 12! I have been down this road before where I weighed 211lbs and got down to 155lbs. I kept that weight for awhile then got lazy and comfortable again. I gained back to 191 lbs and have lost 8 lbs so far. I get lazy during the winter and work hard during the summer. I had always been skinny all my life until I hit 30 and that's when all my weight problems began. So for 2 out of 10 years with me being 40 now I was skinny and the 8 years I have been overweight. I hate being over weight and out of shape! I defiantly know that when I'm over weight I'm short of breath climbing stairs or anything with real exercise. But as I loose weight that gets better and better. I work in cardiology so I know and see on a daily basis of what being overweight does to your body as a whole. I think to be a good example for my patients I need to be fit myself so when I educate them on the fact that being overweight can cause serious health problems I don't look like a hypocrite!
  • rbailey824
    rbailey824 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, just learning how to navigate through this app. I am 44 and mother of three, 22, 20, and 17. I too find that the older I get the harder it is to stay fit and lose weight. I find I can try hard and lose maybe 5 pounds and one weekend gain it all back. My daughter is getting married this summer, which is a huge insentive for me to get toned and lose some weight. Been 12 days on this app and been using Jullian Micheals Body Revolution DVDs which I love!
  • slugonarazor
    slugonarazor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck everybody add me and I will help support your goals
  • jglaser0117
    Options
    How do u add people??
  • tlbev2015
    tlbev2015 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello jglaser, just click on the picture to the left. when on that persons page, click add as friend...it's nice to also send quick comment about yourself and so on.
  • redman72
    redman72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Turning 43 this week - getting back into this after falling off for awhile. Trying to use more of the social features to share and receive support this time.