aiming for body fat below 10%

As i know there is no such thing as Plateau, but you do need a refeed day where you consume high carb above maintenance to drop that last pound of fat. My question is if i do not lower my carb intake all the time, i do not workout often, do i still need refeed day? my body fat is around 13%-15%

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Something that helps lower body fat percentage is increased muscle mass. And that's a whole different nutritional plan. If you're not body building--how'd you come to 10% or less as your goal?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    How far below 10% and are you talking long-term or a competition goal

Extremely Low BF is short-term only and also partly a result of conscious dehydration for competition / shoots

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    As i know there is no such thing as Plateau, but you do need a refeed day where you consume high carb above maintenance to drop that last pound of fat. My question is if i do not lower my carb intake all the time, i do not workout often, do i still need refeed day? my body fat is around 13%-15%
    You posted the same question in my AMA. As I said there, you simply don't have enough lean mass to get to your goal without looking starved. Your weight is pretty low already and losing any more is probably a bad idea. If you arent happy with your physique it's going to be much more effective to do a lean bulk, then after 6 month to a year return to fat loss. Why don't you exercise more? Losing weight workout resistance training, especially when you don't have much to lose, can result in losing lean mass rather than fat. This works against just about anyone's goals. You really need to evaluate what you are trying to accomplish long term and why. It would be helpful if you let us know your long term goal.

• ferdinandthong
    ferdinandthong Posts: 57 Member
    My goal is to get beach body. As i know the less body fat you have, the more lean muscle u will gain during bulking. There is one more obstacle that hold me back which is i used to be a fat guy, now i have successfully lean down so i am afraid to gain fat again. Hope you understand what im trying to say. I want nice abs, beach body, V tamper. But i just dunno when should i bulk.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Aren't you the guy eating less than 1000 calories a day?
  • ferdinandthong
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Yes, but after i got the advice from all of you i start to increase my calories.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Yes, but after i got the advice from all of you i start to increase my calories.

Bro, you need to eat more than the 30g protein you've been eating. And 1200 calories isn't enough either. Stop cutting. Start lifting and eating big. You are not doing your body any favors right now.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    My goal is to get beach body. As i know the less body fat you have, the more lean muscle u will gain during bulking. There is one more obstacle that hold me back which is i used to be a fat guy, now i have successfully lean down so i am afraid to gain fat again. Hope you understand what im trying to say. I want nice abs, beach body, V tamper. But i just dunno when should i bulk.

you bulk when you want to get bigger. then when you are as big as you want to be, but fatter than you'd like, you cut.

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Epic troll is epic!
  • ferdinandthong
    Ok starting tml onward i will begin my bulk, any advice for bulk? This is my first time bulking, i really scare.
  • rabbitjb wrote: »
    How far below 10% and are you talking long-term or a competition goal

Extremely Low BF is short-term only and also partly a result of conscious dehydration for competition / shoots

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

I'll take 1-#3 and 1- #4 to go please. Yummy for breakfast!
  • PwrLftr82
    You should repost in the gaining weight forum...but essentially here you go:

1. Find your TDEE and eat 300-500 calories above that
    2. Figure out your macros (1g/lb body weight protein, .4g/lb body weight fat, the rest carbs)
    3. Start lifting heavy 3x/week--run a program like StrongLifts 5x5 as you are a beginner.
    4. Rest.
    5. Seriously, keep eating.
  • ferdinandthong
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

2. Figure out your macros (1g/lb body weight protein, .4g/lb body weight fat, the rest carbs)
    3. Start lifting heavy 3x/week--run a program like StrongLifts 5x5 as you are a beginner.
    4. Rest.
    6. Seriously, keep eating.

Im not new to weightlifting but im new to bulking. I weightlift for few years but never get serious. So stronglift 5x5 still ideal for me?

• PwrLftr82
    edited January 2015
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

4. Rest.
    6. Seriously, keep eating.

Im not new to weightlifting but im new to bulking. I weightlift for few years but never get serious. So stronglift 5x5 still ideal for me?

Judging by your photo, yes, StrongLifts will be ideal.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    you do need a refeed day where you consume high carb above maintenance to drop that last pound of fat.

Yeah ... ummm ... no ya don't, Bro.

BroScience, right?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Lolz.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    Epic troll is epic!

Yep. I like the part about trying to get a beach body by losing more weight -- knee slapper!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    You are going to look like a skeleton if you drop below 10% BF because your lack of muscle. Build muscle first.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    To achieve that goal, I'd spend AT LEAST the next year gaining muscle mass. You need to up your protein intake BIG TIME as well as your calorie intake. You also need to start lifting consistently the entire time you are gaining weight. After about a year, reevaluate and maybe then you'll be ready to lose weight again. At your current physique, losing weight will take your further from your goals.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OP why don't you just get a trainer at the gym??