Options
12346»

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    avskk wrote: »
    All those stupid diet-magazine tips like "use a small plate" and "dip your fork tines in the dressing." Ugh. My friends are always wondering why they can't lose weight while simultaneously telling me I shouldn't use big plates, or should eat six small meals a day, or get my dressing on the side. I always want to be like, "Cool, remind who here lost 60 pounds this year and who gained 10?" Blah.

I also get a lot of IRL backlash against weighing food instead of measuring it. I'm always amazed at how people who are struggling to lose weight will absolutely insist that they "know" their portions are perfect.

Funny how people would go to the trouble for small differences as you point out but not want to bother with actually weighing their portions to make sure they are correct.

Right? I don't get it either.

My MIL is the biggest fan of Dr. Oz and is always telling me what Dr. Oz says. It drives me insane. Not sure if it's because Dr. Oz is a total quack, or because it's my MIL telling me what to do...

Little from column A and a little from column B?

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Get of the bus one stop early - NO, if I'm already on the bus, it's because I need to take the bus. Instead I'll try to walk whenever time, weather and amount of luggage permits.

Eat an apple, a carrot or chew gum if you're hungry between meals - a fireproof way to get hungrier.

Eat low fat/bland food - sure, that will make me feel satisfied and stop craving real food...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You say potato, I say potato; you say tomato, I say tomato - hmm. loses something in translation.