• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    Has OP cooked the rice yet?

Seriously. All this rice talk and we don't even know what the OP chose. I bet it was spaghetti.

Regular or whole wheat?

I tried whole wheat pasta once. I ended up eating pizza for dinner.

Whole wheat pasta is gross.

try brown rice pasta!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm new here. Didn't know there was a dead horse in the room already.

Is that a brown horse, or a white horse?

why can't it be a piebald? You horsist.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

rofl!
    jimmmer wrote: »
    I don't think anyone mentioned arsenic exposure. Because rice absorbs inorganic arsenic when it is grown in areas where pesticides are used (or have been used in the past), rice consumption should be limited no matter which type. All of the research I've seen says that brown rice contains more arsenic than white rice. Since I prefer the taste and texture of white (especially Jasmine) anyway, this research has made me feel better about not buying brown rice anymore.

I like hats.

Don't be starting with that hat racism again. The rice racism in here is bad enough...
    I am not a Hatrist. Some of my best hats are hats.

Reported for Hatism.
    lol
  • JoRocka
    Options

Seriously. All this rice talk and we don't even know what the OP chose. I bet it was spaghetti.

Regular or whole wheat?

try brown rice pasta!

Get out. Right now.
    Options

Regular or whole wheat?

try brown rice pasta!

Get out. Right now.
    Coucous?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Regular or whole wheat?

try brown rice pasta!

That is actually a thing. Google has just confirmed it.

Everytime you think people must be making up stuff, it turns out it exists. World has gone mad.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

UGLY! :wink:
  • JoRocka
    Options

Regular or whole wheat?

try brown rice pasta!

Get out. Right now.
    Coucous?

Considering I work at a placed named that- I'm not a hater- but I don't particularly care for it.
    UGLY! :wink:
    @wheelhouse15
    not sure why you would want to ride something that looks like a dairy cow- but people do it. all. the. time.

grump grump.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    White Rice...post work out...with honey...for the win.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there is a bigger market for this then just me here..
    I'd be perfectly happy if I never had to cook or cleanup every again. Yeah, I like to eat but if there was a pill I could take instead of eating I would, often. Until then I cook occasionally, eat raw and pre-packaged or prepared food, and dream of winning the lottery and hiring full-time chef.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Black bean pasta, also a thing:
    butternut_pasta1.jpg
    Nutrition. Contains 50% of your dietary fiber needs.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'd like to remind users in this thread of the following community guideline:

73. Show Respect to All Foods, Animals, and Accessories

No derogatory references to rice, horses, hats, pizza, pastas, cows, or couscous, or endorsement of ricism, horsism, or hatism, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any food, animal, or accessory. Except kale, because that's just nasty.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

No derogatory references to rice, horses, hats, pizza, pastas, cows, or couscous, or endorsement of ricism, horsism, or hatism, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any food, animal, or accessory. Except kale, because that's just nasty.

I would like to state again how happy I am that you became a mod...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Black bean pasta, also a thing:
    butternut_pasta1.jpg
    Nutrition. Contains 50% of your dietary fiber needs.

Just make sure you grab the right one if it's in the dish next to the squid ink noodles...
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about black bean or lentil pasta, but not brave enough to buy it yet...

I ate a lot of brown rice on the Wild Rose diet. I prefer basmati brown rice. I love having my kitchen fill with the smell while it is in the rice cooker. When eaten by itself, I like to cook it with salt, a lot of freshly ground black pepper, rosemary, and some butter. Most of the time I eat it with something else, though (i.e. stir fry, curry, or chili), and it just takes on the taste of whatever it is mixed with. I find it really helps me feel full, so it is probably more appropriate for a cut than a bulk.

As far as eating all supplements, there are a lot of frozen dinners out there that only take minutes to make. Just add some frozen veggies, or bagged greens, and it's like eating real food. And, according to Futurama, eventually we'll have bachelor chow.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

LMFAO.
  • JoRocka
    Options

winning