How Can I Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I care enough to want to make sure that people don't walk around with the lunatic idea that 10 vanity pounds can be lost in 2 weeks.
    I understand that; however, all the bashing and negativity really isn't necessary from others.

Just because you're not hearing what you want to hear does not mean that anyone is negative or bashing you. Actually, almost every post I've seen on this thread is good advice. Listen to these people and stop entertaining the silly notion of trying to lose weight for some unrealistic deadline. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment or worse, you'll be compromising your health and well-being. Just stop it.

Oh please! 2 weeks of extreme dieting is highly unlikely to compromise her health and well-being.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The OP says she wants to lose it. I can understand wanting to lose it under these circumstances. I doubt 10 is possible, but 2 weeks of giving it the ol' college try isn't likely to hurt anything.[/quote]

That was my thought too - and also that eating well and exercising for 2 weeks will make a person feel better even if they don't hit the 10 pound goal.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I care enough to want to make sure that people don't walk around with the lunatic idea that 10 vanity pounds can be lost in 2 weeks.
    I understand that; however, all the bashing and negativity really isn't necessary from others.

Just because you're not hearing what you want to hear does not mean that anyone is negative or bashing you. Actually, almost every post I've seen on this thread is good advice. Listen to these people and stop entertaining the silly notion of trying to lose weight for some unrealistic deadline. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment or worse, you'll be compromising your health and well-being. Just stop it.

Oh please! 2 weeks of extreme dieting is highly unlikely to compromise her health and well-being.

You know it's against ToS to promote unhealthy dieting like that, right? Even if it's short term it's dumb and dangerous, end of story.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options

You know it's against ToS to promote unhealthy dieting like that, right? Even if it's short term it's dumb and dangerous, end of story.

This. Promoting an unhealthy short term extreme diet can lead to a long term eating disorder based on a skewed view of "I dropped 10 pounds before, I can do it again... and again... and again"
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As a (former)Marine who has come home from several deployments, I assure you that ten pounds of weight on your lady, less or more, made absolutely no difference.

Agree about wearing clothes that are easily rippable. My wife still talks about those homecoming *ahem* greetings. Got a, now, 14 year old kid from one of those homecomings.

And if you are with a guy who will "notice" ten pounds on you and complain about it. He's Gay.

Enjoy not walking for a day or two!
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    As a (former)Marine who has come home from several deployments, I assure you that ten pounds of weight on your lady, less or more, made absolutely no difference.

Agree about wearing clothes that are easily rippable. My wife still talks about those homecoming *ahem* greetings. Got a, now, 14 year old kid from one of those homecomings.

And if you are with a guy who will "notice" ten pounds on you and complain about it. He's Gay not worth your time/energy/body.

FTFY.

The rest of your post is 10/10, though. ;)
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I just realized OP is 19...good gracious girl, if your BF is also the same age he'll be so glad to be home you could have lost an arm and he won't mind. Plus if it's Valentine's Day you could wear a potato sack and still get some action. *cough* remember to use protection *cough*

Oh and PS- you got good advice. It just might not have been the advice you wanted.
    Hahahaha! Definitely don't want any babies on the way anytime soon! Lol. Thanks for your kind words.

• bethanyyc17
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »

And if you are with a guy who will "notice" ten pounds on you and complain about it. He's Gay.

Hahahaha! I have no idea, but this post made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the laugh. Lol. And the advice!!

• itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There is no actual healthy way to drop that much weight in that time frame. You might consider a temporary Keto style diet to help drop some water weight which may help you look smaller, but do not expect any miracles.
  • itsclobberintime
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    There is no actual healthy way to drop that much weight in that time frame. You might consider a temporary Keto style diet to help drop some water weight which may help you look smaller, but do not expect any miracles.

Welcome back.

Thank you.
  • itsclobberintime
    Options

I was wondering where you'd gone! I know, that sounds creepy.

Life got rough. Then it got rougher.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    He's not going to be looking at extra pounds...he's gonna be looking at sexy times with you!!! No need to stress. Just make healthy choices. It's a marathon not a race.
  • maggieobc
    maggieobc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Loose about 200lbs of boyfriend if he would care.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Gain 200 extra pounds, then it will be possible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

In all seriousness though, 10 actual pounds (not water weight) in 2 weeks is physically impossible at your current weight. You can lose 2 pounds, 3 if you push it. That's not something to take lightly, losing these 2 pounds will give you more confidence. That's a great valentine's day gift. Hope you have a great day.
  • itsclobberintime
    Options

I was wondering where you'd gone! I know, that sounds creepy.

Life got rough. Then it got rougher.

Sorry to hear that, but nice to see your face again around here

You are in the minority there.