Any specific food with good protein on it?

Options

Replies

• miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hennersby wrote: »
    The following spreadsheet details good protein sources + their calorie intake:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PnUZ3NnjUxXRGoLcdMsV6fztsmon4AMSzYcnOCwlG2M/edit#gid=0

This is great!
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo

100g : 100calories : 22g protein.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Baked ham
    Deli meats
    Ground beef
    Ground turkey
    Bison
    Steak
    Salmon
    Shrimp
    Tuna
    Tilapia
    Greek yogurt
    Legumes
    Beans
    Beef jerky
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butters
    Protein bars
    Protein shakes
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    MY frig on the road. I am getting much better at eating while traveling. I used to eat out every meal and I at well , look at that Picture.

1 Bag veggie lover’s salad
    1 Spicy mustard
    2 different kinds of sliced turkey
    Plain greek yogurt
    Almond coconut milke
    6 eggs
    Water
    Snap peas
    8vbsg1r0h6tq.jpg
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo

100g : 100calories : 22g protein.

I have never seen kangaroo in the grocery store in the states or in canada haha.
  • cleaneater74
    cleaneater74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    love bulgar, venison, cashews
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a question, turkey cold-cuts, are those good sources of protein? Do they have relatively low calories? Or should I stray away from cold-cuts (what you put on sandwiches) but w/o the bread?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    soy cubes ( 53 gr of protein per 100 gr),chickpeas,tofu,nuts,grains,pasta,plain oatmeal, you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days

Simply offering the protein sources would have sufficed. No one here will be telling you what you can and can't eat. Like it or not, meat offers ALL of the essential and non-essential amino acids whereas none of your plant options do, on their own.

It IS nice to get suggestions for alternatives to meat but the sermon is not necessary (and thoroughly inaccurate - I have not been constipated since I was a child and I eat a lot of 'dead flesh').

• MsCaramel1
    MsCaramel1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shakes have 30 grams of protein
  • jdstathopoulos
    jdstathopoulos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My post workout is a can of tuna with a splash of tobasco. It's cheap and I get the costco tuna which has 45 grams of protein with 180 calories. An inexpensive, healthy go-to meal I enjoy is a baked chicken breast with steamed broccoli. The broccoli is easy, just steam it for 5ish minutes then add salt/pepper. The chicken has more variety. I either stuff it with veggies and a little bit of cheese or put store bought seasonings on it. My favorite seasonings are Italian seasoning and Kickin' chicken. No matter how I prepare the chicken, I bake it for 30-35 minutes at 375.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    slvoscar wrote: »
    Ok ill try shrimp i don't like sushi tho

How do you feel about ceviche?

It's kind of the perfect food. :)
  • slvoscar
    slvoscar Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Oh thats a delicious food ceviche ill eat that tomorrow see how it gos
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hennersby wrote: »
    The following spreadsheet details good protein sources + their calorie intake:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PnUZ3NnjUxXRGoLcdMsV6fztsmon4AMSzYcnOCwlG2M/edit#gid=0

Interesting chart, I'm assuming that you are evaluating protein to cost (£).

BTW, the grams per cal data seems to be incorrect for tuna, shrimp and chicken breast - based of USDA data - these would be 54g, 99g, and 58g respectively for 100 kcals. I didn't check the others. Just jumped out at me a shrimp, cooked is easy 1g = 1cal. raw, its a little higher per cal.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    soy cubes ( 53 gr of protein per 100 gr),chickpeas,tofu,nuts,grains,pasta,plain oatmeal, you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days

Jlaw-okay.gif

• Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    if I need a protein boost, or trying to make my goal = cottage cheese.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs; nuts in moderation. Cold cuts tend to have a lot of sodium, so I limit those to one serving in a day.
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Berna wrote: »
    chia seeds...best for high protein, high fibre.....great in the energy dept. (increases metabolic rate) but caution a teaspoon a day sprinkled over salad or in a smoothie. DO NOT EAT CHIA OFF THE TEASPOON it can choke you. Put it in or on anything...they are awesome little buggers if you plant them....find that on the net....they are hefty little micro greens. good luck

I put chia seeds in my smoothies.