Any specific food with good protein on it?

Options
I am trying to keep my weight and just lose fat but ill like to know what's the best to eat

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lean meats are a great way to go (ground turkey, tuna, chicken, etc.). If you want to supplement then protein bars and shakes are good as well.
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    Options
    Greek yogurt has 12 grams of protein per serving!
  • naveenlb
    naveenlb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    slvoscar wrote: »
    I am trying to keep my weight and just lose fat but ill like to know what's the best to eat

Hi,

100 gram Chicken breast contains 172 calories with 25 grams of protein. This is the best choice for leaning out and gaining muscle.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Fage has 20 I think.
  • Berna
    Berna Posts: 23
    Options
    chia seeds...best for high protein, high fibre.....great in the energy dept. (increases metabolic rate) but caution a teaspoon a day sprinkled over salad or in a smoothie. DO NOT EAT CHIA OFF THE TEASPOON it can choke you. Put it in or on anything...they are awesome little buggers if you plant them....find that on the net....they are hefty little micro greens. good luck
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Fage has 20 I think.

Fage 0% Fat has 18g of protein. It's a favorite of mine. I eat it every day. I like to add chai seeds and a couple of drops of French Vanilla liquid stevia. Chai seeds also contain Omega 3 fats so it's a triple-bang food! And if you mix the seeds into the yogurt and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight, it makes the yogurt even silkier but with a tapioca like texture.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Lean ground beef, chicken breast skinless, cod,tilapia,whey,fat free plain greek yogurt, swiss cheese, tuna.
  • slvoscar
    slvoscar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all im starting to try this foods and see if thet work
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    cottage cheese, tuna, chicken
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Shrimp!
  • Hennersby
    Hennersby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The following spreadsheet details good protein sources + their calorie intake:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PnUZ3NnjUxXRGoLcdMsV6fztsmon4AMSzYcnOCwlG2M/edit#gid=0
  • youglowgirlfitness
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Turkey, chicken, fish like salmon, tuna, bison, 90% or leaner ground beef, sirloin steak. I stay away from any whey protein due to artificial sweeteners. I don't eat protein bars because of sugar content. If you're trying to lose body-fat, stick to eating real food is my recommendation.
  • akijo245
    akijo245 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tofu!!!! It's the best :)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    akijo245 wrote: »
    Tofu!!!! It's the best :)

Fermented is even better. So tempeh!
  • slvoscar
    slvoscar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok ill try shrimp i don't like sushi tho
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No sushi, no gain. Seriously, most fish, shellfish and skinned chicken. I even found that I like sardines if I buy expensive ones in olive oil and add lemon pepper.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with full-fatted meat with all the cholesterol. Leave the skin on the chicken. That's how we got these big brains.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hennersby wrote: »
    The following spreadsheet details good protein sources + their calorie intake:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PnUZ3NnjUxXRGoLcdMsV6fztsmon4AMSzYcnOCwlG2M/edit#gid=0

@ Hennersby; thanks for sharing this valuable spreadsheet!
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    soy cubes ( 53 gr of protein per 100 gr),chickpeas,tofu,nuts,grains,pasta,plain oatmeal, you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days