Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »
    I had a Big Mac yesterday after a long, long time. I kept thinking about it so I thought I could have one just this time.
    I thought I would love the taste, that it would remind me of my old eating habits, and that I would also feel guilty afterwards.

Funny thing - it didn't taste as good as I had remembered, and I asked myself "is THIS what you were craving for, all this time?"

Oh, and I didn't even feel guilty afterwards.

I had the opposite experience :). When I first started losing weight, I gave up burgers for quite a while. When I finally ordered my quarter pounder, I was hoping I would wonder why I even used to order them. But it was so dang good!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I had a Big Mac yesterday after a long, long time. I kept thinking about it so I thought I could have one just this time.
    I thought I would love the taste, that it would remind me of my old eating habits, and that I would also feel guilty afterwards.

Funny thing - it didn't taste as good as I had remembered, and I asked myself "is THIS what you were craving for, all this time?"

I had the opposite experience :). When I first started losing weight, I gave up burgers for quite a while. When I finally ordered my quarter pounder, I was hoping I would wonder why I even used to order them. But it was so dang good!

This. I had a qp with cheese on Friday for lunch. It was yummy, but soooo salty. I'm still retaining water.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. My depression has recently taken a dive and become worse than it has been in years, so I know how bad you must be feeling. I'm struggling so hard against falling into the pit (so to speak), but I really don't know what to do. :( Your feelings describe mine as well, unfortunately--I've been feeling like a complete and utter waste of space lately who doesn't deserve to live. :-/ I hope you start feeling better soon!

Susie, first, let me apologize if you feel I am being overly personal and intrusive.

Have you considered that Depo may be contributing to your depression? When I first took it, my doctor asked if I had a history of depression, I said no because I didn't have a history of depression. Two months later I was sitting in my car contemplating suicide. The only think that stopped me was, that as an over-thinker, I couldn't figure out why I felt like that. Nothing in my life had changed for the worse; my feeling weren't based on my reality. I was simply, suddenly, suicidal.

It may also cause spammy pimples.

I wasn't going to say anything, but will now second this. I had never been depressed and started depo after having my first child. I became extremely depressed, but thought it was post-partum depression, which I had read so much about. I also had a lot of other weird symptoms that I'd never experienced before. I got my second shot a week before reading all of the side effects of depo. It was like going down the list of all the things I'd had wrong with me, including the depression. All of the weird symptoms subsided gradually as the depo wore off, and never returned. I will NEVER take depo again!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession: I blew my calorie goal. Again. :(

Sorry :(

Yeah the same thing happened to me last time I had fast food. I was craving a cheeseburger. I went to Wendy's and I ended up pretty disappointed. Then I had a couple of my kids' mcDonald's fries (which I used to love), and it was a big disappointment too. Haven't got fast food again since (unless you count Panera etc as fast food). I did try Smashburger, and I loved it, but I felt horrible from all the sodium for a day afterwards, and it's just not worth it for me anymore. Don't even get me started on Pizza Hut... Now I pick my restaurants carefully, lol.

Confession - I somehow by some miracle managed to stick to my 1800 calories today, but that involved a LOT of fruit and veggies, and I'm still hungry. It's just really depressing. I seriously don't understand how the people who bulk then cut do it. I can't seem to be able to cut anymore after maintaining for a year.

• Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Whatever.
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OMG
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    OMG

You need to start sending mfp a bill for extra data
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

My aunt and her new husband (second marriage) got married in the floral department of the Meijer where they both worked. It was in the paper at the time.
  • tudoroaks4
    tudoroaks4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So… I mostly need a place to noodle this around and get it out. I work for my State as a government analyst, so I have to be kinda vague and can't get into specifics. I make decent $, not great. Job security is awesome, but I like $ and I like to be challenged. I have an MBA already and I’m feeling the itch to go back and get my MS in Finance. It would be stupid to get an MS if I’m going to stay in government. I only need my BA for my job, so I’m already over-qualified.

I love the job security, but I hate that it’s not challenging, no advancement other than getting the standard automated raise every year, etc. I also love the thought of using my brain again (I’m a weirdo that loves school).
    Hubby says do it, but if I do, I have to get out of government work (I can make at least $10-$15k/yr more in private sector work and raises are usually better). In private sector, the degree would pay for itself within 2 years, maybe less. Am I crazy to want to get out of “safe” government work into private companies?

I would get the job in the private sector first. A lot of the bigger companies offer tuition reimbursement after 6-12 months of emplyment. My company offers $5k per year after 6 months.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.

It was tongue in cheek, as I'm sure you realized. Although I do think Pop Tarts and peanut butter and cereal fall into the diet category.

There have been hundreds of diet/fitness/weight loss questions and tips posted throughout this thread, you just have to wade through 783 pages to find them. Several of us have learned a rather effective upper body workout right here.

A few effective tips, among 783 pages, warranting a status of a helpful thread. Got it.

For the sake of ceasing to derail the purpose of THIS particular thread. I confess to having 3 IPAs last night, BEFORE hitting the weights.

Well, hello, Snarkmeister...

Listen, we aren't suddenly convening before some sort of MFP Supreme Court (and you aren't some sort of Chief Judge (though you do appear to be embracing a role akin to that of a Prosecuting Attorney)), and we don't suddenly need to justify the actions of someone (let alone, someone who has nothing to do with this thread!) doing something we never requested in the first place (and, frankly, involves a reality some of us don't *want*) -- and so we shouldn't be expected to have you or anyone else 'set up kleig lights', and expect us to 'subject ourselves to interrogation' (as though you were some sort of self-appointed attorney, judge, and jury... or some such entity hellbent on seeing a perceived form of 'justice' done)...

If you don't want to participate in the thread, then please, by all means, move on...! -- that is, unless you need to rant about something (other than 'this', or 'us', that is), in which case you are welcome to rant away...!

The world has enough people p*ssing on others -- there's no need to add to *that* 'status quo' (which, not-so-ironically, is part of what this thread is about -- assisting, being helpful, not judging, etc.)...

(...and yeah, my not sprinkling your sudden sarcasm-laced insults with 'rose petals' is not exactly representative of 'this thread'... however, it is a rare thing for rudeness to 'swoop in' on this thread... and I can't stand behavior that reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker -- Mean People Suck...)

Hi there aggressive one! I have no desire to see this thread removed, pretty sure I made that clear. But I stand by what I believe to be a valid point regarding MFP choosing this as a helpful thread within the context of the sub forum in which it exists. Not attacking the participants of this thread, not the purpose of this thread, simply stating that it's purpose isn't necessarily on point with the purpose of why a thread should be a sticky. Sorry you have such a personal attachment and felt offended as a result, but I prefer logic over emotion.

she's not agressive, she's being honest.
    if you're struggling so much with the purpose of this thread, and can't see how it might help newbies who are normally ripped apart for the most simplest of questions elsewhere, that's on you, not us.

There's no struggle, the purpose of this thread is not currently related to General Diet and Weight Loss. Again, I have not said it serves no purpose, it just doesn't serve the purpose of this sub forum to the point of being a sticky. New members should have a central location, supported by MFP, to find valuable info to assist them in gaining the knowledge requires to successfully navigate through the contention that occurs in the forums. There are no questions in here that are being clarified, so I don't follow your argument of it being a safe haven for newbies. Is this designed to educate? I don't see it if it is. If you have a rational argument as to what this brings to newbies as far as helping them reach their fitness or weight goals, I'm all ears, but don't chastise me for making a valid comment that none have been able to debate within the context of my point.

Emotional health, one of the things this thread strongly supports, is a component of overall wellbeing. Many of the people who join here used food to cope with emotional distress. A holistic approach to lifestyle change may have greater benefit for some members, more so than a simple mathematical "calories in, calories out" approach.

It has helped to normalize behaviours that many posters in here thought were weird, many of which involved food.

A feeling of being welcome and part of a "community" (another characteristic of this thread) is likely to enhance compliance with the MFP tool. In contrast, some of the other threads in here could well put someone off right at the start. Not everyone arrives at MFP with a thick skin. Not everyone arrives fully committed to change. Some are at an exploratory stage.

Just off the top of my head...

I was nearly put off MFP because of a terrible interaction in another thread! I am not a frequent poster in here, nor am I "part of the in crowd" but I appreciate reading that I am not alone in my struggles, and it has been super beneficial to me...and often SUPER funny too!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

My aunt and her new husband (second marriage) got married in the floral department of the Meijer where they both worked. It was in the paper at the time.
    That's cute! I love stories like both of these.

Mine was pretty traditional but sweet and very 'us'. Registry office wedding followed by garden party in my in-law's beautiful English country garden. Croquet on the lawn and everything! It's my 21st anniversary next month and I tried on my wedding dress (very fitted style) to see if it would fit. I could get it on but not done up, so that's actually a mini goal. If I can get it done up I'll take a picture and post it here!
  • JPW1990
    Options
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options

My hubster and I got married in the chapel of a large nursing home. We wanted someplace very small, and it was perfect and lovely. His ex-wife loves to make snarky comments about it to the kids...but it was perfect for us!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    You think? Looks like a love-in Bodybuilder Style to me.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I thought it was for everyone to say who has helped them (so I threw out my thanks who posts things I get the most value out of) but they're all pretty much thanking each other :D
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I love hearing the wedding posts! They're very sweet <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I thought it was for everyone to say who has helped them (so I threw out my thanks who posts things I get the most value out of) but they're all pretty much thanking each other :D

After thinking about it I was being rude saying this :/ I'm not perfect!
  • teetee1025
    teetee1025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am beyond mad at myself. I lose my weight that I wanted to only gain the weight plus an EXTRA 30 pounds.
  • JPW1990
    Options

After thinking about it I was being rude saying this :/ I'm not perfect!

Nah, it's already transitioning to a witch hunt.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

Ditto