Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

Here's a view of my city.
    9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

The only thing I think of when I hear Kansas is the fact that it doesnt sound the same as Arkansas and it should, and as a Brit, for some unknown reason that really upsets me haha
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Work through lunch and go home at 2:20? Or work through lunch and go home at 2:20?

It's Friday. FIFY

• ImportedRose
    ImportedRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This week I did not do well. I gained close to 2 pounds vs, losing. Been under great financial stress, lots of deadlines at work, and I had to get off the new meds I was given for anxiety. Side effects landed me in emergency and had to stop. I have a doctor's appt. with doctor today, will discuss issues with being back to anxiety which leads to my binge eating, night uncontrollable need to eat/hunger. The meds to help me with anxiety really helped with the overwhelming need to eat.

Thank you all who posted because reading what you are going thru helps me realize that I am not the only one going thru all this hell.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I skipped ahead when I saw page 1000! Cool.

Confession: I am getting kind of mad because I've told a few coworkers that I've lost weight but they don't seem to care. I think it is because I look pretty much the same. I've lost about 35 lbs this year. It would be nice to hear a "good job" or something. They just don't say anything. I was telling them because my doctor said that probably is helping my knee feel better more than anything else is. :(

The company picnic is today. I'm not sure if I'm going or not...

Go and have fun! If you want to. 35 lbs. is super great! I'm guessing no one says anything because 1) they are jealous, or 2) they don't want to offend you. Doesn't matter! Still a huge accomplishment and you don't need their acknowledgement to be successful, obviously! You just come to this thread and we will provide that for you.

I'm going to the picnic for a few. I just never do well in big groups (about 500 people are going...)

Thanks for the "super great" comment. It made me laugh.

HATE large groups. Hate chit chatting while trying to carry around a plate of food and a drink. Yep, I'm a picnic Grinch. But, hopefully you will enjoy the time while you're there.

I hate picnics too! There are always flies and bees and random other bugs and where I live it's always hot. I don't like to eat outside in general because well, the aforementioned random bugs and temperature. And outside tables at restaurants are never clean. As I'm typing this I realized I was making a disgusted face, so I'm a grinch too!

Yea, it's supposed to be 90 today. Ugh. I'm not a hot weather girl. They will have a tent to sit under at least and ice cream. I logged my ice cream and wine. :) That's all I'm having though.

Oh and thanks everyone for the congrats on the weight loss. :D You are making me blush!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Jealous!!! Isn't Slough the name of the town that The Office was filmed in over there?

funny coincidence:

one of my ex's at one point worked in Slough (home of the british office), while at the same time i was working in Scranton (home of the us office).

i was extremely amused by this...

I would have been too!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Confession: I am getting kind of mad because I've told a few coworkers that I've lost weight but they don't seem to care. I think it is because I look pretty much the same. I've lost about 35 lbs this year. It would be nice to hear a "good job" or something. They just don't say anything. I was telling them because my doctor said that probably is helping my knee feel better more than anything else is. :(

Go and have fun! If you want to. 35 lbs. is super great! I'm guessing no one says anything because 1) they are jealous, or 2) they don't want to offend you. Doesn't matter! Still a huge accomplishment and you don't need their acknowledgement to be successful, obviously! You just come to this thread and we will provide that for you.

I'm going to the picnic for a few. I just never do well in big groups (about 500 people are going...)

HATE large groups. Hate chit chatting while trying to carry around a plate of food and a drink. Yep, I'm a picnic Grinch. But, hopefully you will enjoy the time while you're there.

I hate picnics too! There are always flies and bees and random other bugs and where I live it's always hot. I don't like to eat outside in general because well, the aforementioned random bugs and temperature. And outside tables at restaurants are never clean. As I'm typing this I realized I was making a disgusted face, so I'm a grinch too!

Ditto! I already have an irrational fear of bugs. I dislike any food that has been sitting out for any length of time. Trying to eat when the wind is blowing your hair across your face isn't fun, either. However, generally I just skip the food and hope decent drinks are served! I mean, it's pretty bad to complain about a picnic. My life could be much worse.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yea, it's supposed to be 90 today. Ugh. I'm not a hot weather girl. They will have a tent to sit under at least and ice cream. I logged my ice cream and wine. :) That's all I'm having though.

Oh and thanks everyone for the congrats on the weight loss. :D You are making me blush!

Congrats and have fun! Enjoy that ice cream!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Work through lunch and go home at 2:20? Or work through lunch and go home at 2:20?

It's Friday. FIFY

what does FIFY mean?

• tulips_and_tea
    Options

OMG, I hate bugs. Yes, I realize this is strange what with keeping bees on the property and all. But the bees are cool; it's the other ones that find me tasty. That insect sting/bite/whatever that sent me to immediate care a couple of days ago continues to be an issue. It's covering my whole knee and is super inflamed and painful. I guess I'll have to fill the scrip after all. Hate bugs AND having to take antibiotics.

Ooooh, sorry, I missed your bug bite issue! Definitely get the Rx and get it taken care of. I'm extremely allergic to mosquito bites, but if I dab a bit of tea tree oil on them they go away fairly quickly. But, sounds like yours is much worse.
  • MoHousdon
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

Bahaha! Just had to look for myself!

And now, I need to make these:
    full_9399_81767_CrochetedSharkSlipperSocks_2.jpg

I must confess, part of me thinks "That's cute". While the other part of me thinks "Look, a shark is eating a babies foot. That baby needs assistance. No, it's just a booty. That's freaky."

Welcome back!

I thought that was someone's finger...'

ETA: I guess a few people thought that too. Glad I'm not the only weirdo. :wink:

• orangesmartie
    Options
    This week I did not do well. I gained close to 2 pounds vs, losing. Been under great financial stress, lots of deadlines at work, and I had to get off the new meds I was given for anxiety. Side effects landed me in emergency and had to stop. I have a doctor's appt. with doctor today, will discuss issues with being back to anxiety which leads to my binge eating, night uncontrollable need to eat/hunger. The meds to help me with anxiety really helped with the overwhelming need to eat.

Thank you all who posted because reading what you are going thru helps me realize that I am not the only one going thru all this hell.

welcome to the thread. hopefully your doctor can think of alternatives
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

I must confess, part of me thinks "That's cute". While the other part of me thinks "Look, a shark is eating a babies foot. That baby needs assistance. No, it's just a booty. That's freaky."

Welcome back!

I thought that was someone's finger...

I just started cracking up at work because it's funny reading how everyone thought it was a finger too...
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Confession: My scale is going down rather quickly. I have lost over 15 lbs in a little less than two weeks. I am very overweight but am still doubting my scale!!! I have a doctor's appointment Monday and am really anxious to see if the results are real. :-/
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Love these!

I just had a second (third?) lunch. 280 calories left for dinner. It should work though. Hopefully. Now I'm really full.

I confess I always want to smack my husband when he gets home not hungry at dinner time because he had 'a late lunch'. I always pretty much have a lunch and a snack, and I'm always hungry at dinner (well except when I end up having dinner at 4pm because I'm starving). I don't know how he does it. Of course he always ends up having 600 calories or something of snacks after dinner too...

I confess that I really enjoyed my hour of quiet reading. And I'm sad it's over.

Now to herd my kids to go to the gym...

Hahaha! "Herd" your kids. Funny. Glad they have a nice activity room for them. I didn't mean to imply they'd be bored! I just wondered what other gyms had available for kids.
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    now I'm thinking about fried chicken!!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

It's Friday. FIFY

what does FIFY mean?

"Fixed it for you". Sometimes written as FTFY, meaning "Fixed this for you". :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

The only thing I think of when I hear Kansas is the fact that it doesnt sound the same as Arkansas and it should, and as a Brit, for some unknown reason that really upsets me haha

They're pronouncing it wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Kansas

• orangesmartie
    Options

It's Friday. FIFY

what does FIFY mean?

"Fixed it for you". Sometimes written as FTFY, meaning "Fixed this for you". :)

Thanks Susie :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »

Nope. Not even close.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

They're pronouncing it wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Kansas

Ahh I think I explained that badly, what I meant was because "Arkansas" is spelt the same way as 'Kansas' but with an Ar, I always thought it should be pronounced 'Arr-Kansas'. Whereas it's actually 'Ar-ken-saw', does that make sense?