Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Not my husband. He toughs out EVERYTHING, even when he's practically dying. No matter how awful he's feeling, he says he's okay. It should say something that the one time he EVER said he wasn't okay, he collapsed, became delirious, and fainted--and we ended up in the ER. His motto is always, "Pain doesn't matter. As long as it's (Whatever body part being referred to) functional, it's fine."

...He's pretty much crazy, but he's my rock. I can always depend on him to be there, even when he's sick or hurt. I really love that man. :)

@Susieq_1994

I want one of THOSE! Where can I find one?
    I mean my current guy is great so far(unless he has to go to the dentist), is there like a 'tough it out upgrade package' or something I can install?

Ha, I don't think so, sorry! He's always been that way. He even insisted on trying to go to work after a quadruple removal of his wisdom teeth after the incision site got infected and he had a high fever, because he was "fine" and had work to do. <---- Crazy. He also stopped taking the codeine provided for pain relief after one day, because he didn't like that it made him sleepy.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I am glad you are comfortable and brave enough to specifically list your needs (and boundaries) about this here.

I don't think cussing in part of my normal communication but if I cross a line I understand if you delete me. No hard feelings whatsoever. HUGS to you.

Thank you very much. :) I really appreciate the understanding that everyone here has shown me after such a difficult confession. I probably sound like a broken record, but it just keeps surprising me over and over!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.

I think that's possibly the most appropriate translation of a phrase I've ever heard haha
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @KrisiAnnH, good luck on the job interview and I LOVE your hair color!

@MoHousdon that is one awesome truck - thanks for the pictures!

I think this every time she posts. Thanks for saying it for me. :smile:

You're welcome for the pictures. It is a pretty sweet ride.

Aww thank you so much that's made my day! :) It's faded a bit now but I'm dying it brighter in the hopes I stand out in the interview and they'll remember me ;) haha

@kelly_c_77 @spacequiztime @Tubbs216 @LBuehrle8 Awh thanks everyone! Haven't had a job interview in about a year, but I'm going to keep thinking of this thread and the super great shark while I'm there to get rid of nerves, haha
    :wink: @lbuehler89 And only a few months to go!

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I don't think I'm having any issues with the thread.

I really wish we had pop tarts over here in the UK! I mean we have the standard strawberry and chocolate I think, but because I live in an area that is about 20 years behind the rest of the country they're pretty hard to come by haha. Brown sugar cinnamon sounds so good!

We have the cinnamon & brown sugar in Oman, but not in Saudi. It's amazing. Probably my favorite flavor! I haven't tasted a huge amount of flavors myself, though--we only get untrusted strawberry and unfrosted blueberry here in Saudi, and about five or six different flavors in Oman. :)

I don't trust them if they don't have frosting either. They're hiding something. ;)

lol! I totally didn't notice that! Autocorrect FAIL. O.O
    Kalici wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @spernoud I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sound of Music dvd/soundtrack-I have an obession with musicals!

Me too! Although, confession: Sound of Music is one of my least favorites.

OMG I haaaate musicals. Once the actor starts singing his dialogue, I am out! Zero tolerance.

Haha, I'm with you. I cannot stand musicals.

I don't hate them all, but we recently watched this Grimm brothers' story mash up that was turned into a musical (I don't remember the name) and I wanted to plug my ears and scream, "JUST. STOP. SINGING ALREADY!!!!!!!" It was a very annoying experience. I enjoyed High School Musical, though--that's pretty much the limit of my experience with musicals of any sort.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 my husband is like your husband.

The one and only time he complained it was about a sore throat which ended up being severe enough tonsillitis that he was on iv antibiotics. Apparently it had been sore for a few days.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @nonoelmo glad you had such a good trip!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I'm in the liking musicals camp myself. My husband does not. I think while he's at work Saturday I'm going to watch Grease or The Wizard of Oz.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

I confess I was actually going to post TODAY that my confession is that I think I run off all the men in this thread. Example:
    -- I asked @tincanonastring if he worked at my company, he asked me if I was stalking him (I deduced where he came from by his posts) and within a week he was gone.
    -- I started engaging with @AgentOrangeJuice on messaging (he expressed sympathy about Oberon, I asked him about his new job, etc.) he disappeared.
    -- @flatasapancake posted a new chest picture, I said impressive! You are slowly working your way around your body, is your *kitten* next and he never came back.

I have checked on all of them...they are all still posting (not much from @AgentOrangeJuice though so he may truly be busy).

Like in real life, I scare all the men away. Sigh.

No, do not blame yourself! It's kind of funny, when you type it out like that, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with you!

Perhaps not but I am not a big believer in coincidence. But luckily mixmode has promised to stick around and I haven't scared off xMrBunglex yet....

Nah, it wasn't you. I had to take a forum hiatus to attend to IRL stuff and by the time I came back, it was 1000 comments later and I just never picked back up in this thread. Those other guys, though...that was you!

Confession: I promised to catch up on all the missed posts in this thread and I am fully committed to breaking that promise. No regrets...y'all post too much! :tongue:

You arriving back is creepy. It's like I conjured you. But welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Leadership meeting today, dinner tonight, all day tomorrow.

I am frightened at how much I will have to catch up on when I get back.

Friends, message me if something is happening so I can check in. Or if you need a friendly chat. Or just need some sympathy. Or a kick in the butt!

Thanks Patricia!! (You really don't go by any nicknames?)

Nope. Only Patty to family and people who knew me from WI (which is very few people at this stage). The trainer at the barn started calling me POF for short a long time ago and I am ok with that as it has no connotations. So feel free to call me that. Please anyone else with this name forgive me but:

patty = child
    Pat = short, ugly, gender less
    Trish = Trish the dish (trashy big chested girl from the show one day at a time)
    Patsy = too cutesy

So Patricia it is. I really don't like the name but this is the closest I can tolerate. People in real life get offended when I insist they call me that which I find amazing. I know it's 3 syllables but tough. It's my name.

But from now on at the barn and here, I am POF. :)

So in my head I call you 'poof' - making a word out of your initials a la NASA. Is that correct or is it P O F, like FBI?

Phonetically like pawf. In reality I guess it doesn't matter how you pronounce it since I'll only read it the correct way and unlike Laura (who I am ragingly jealous gets to meet our British friends) I may only ever see you write it. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

THANK YOU! Not to be mean to @KylerJaye at ALL, but I seriously lack empathy. My youngest son is a drama queen, so if you ask him I'm the worst person EVER. He over-dramatizes everything and I'm more of the "suck it up, buttercup!" kind of mom. His dad would take him to the ER when he was little over a bloody nose and I, on the other hand, when he called me in the middle of the night after totaling his truck told him to just drive home. :( In my defense, I'm completely out of it if I'm woken up abruptly and incoherent. Of course, I woke up more and realized what happened and went and got him, but yeah, that's what he's had to deal with. Sorry, child!

My husband has serious back issues at times, but is also a wimp when it comes to pain. One time he needed me to help him out of bed and called me into the bedroom FOUR separate times saying he was going to get up, but then couldn't do it. Finally, I told him, "It's like ripping off a Band-Aid - just get up already!" Epic lack of empathy.

OMG, me too. My husband is a worst case scenario expert so every sniffle most certainly means ebola. He was pretty sure my insect bite was Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, too. :p It's exhausting. I just roll my eyes as discreetly as I can and tell him to go to the doctor.

I think all men are babies when they are sick...such drama queens...(sorry men of the thread)

Not my husband. He toughs out EVERYTHING, even when he's practically dying. No matter how awful he's feeling, he says he's okay. It should say something that the one time he EVER said he wasn't okay, he collapsed, became delirious, and fainted--and we ended up in the ER. His motto is always, "Pain doesn't matter. As long as it's (Whatever body part being referred to) functional, it's fine."

...He's pretty much crazy, but he's my rock. I can always depend on him to be there, even when he's sick or hurt. I really love that man. :)

That is so sweet. I am so glad you guys found each other.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    All of the people who are going to @LBuehrle8's tea party! I've taken care of the menu for you. Save some Pimms for me.
    https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/12-brilliantly-vintage-tea-party-ideas-124625523.html

Ooooh.

That tea party chat made me crave tea sandwiches, even though I had no idea what they were and I had to look it up.

The funny thing is I've stayed in families in England 3 times (5 weeks total, 3 different families) and I can't remember ever having a proper tea!

Speaking of England - I really want to go again. It's one of those things I hope to do again someday. Mostly see London again... and have good English fish and chips (somehow I'm always disappointed when I order some here in the US, although I'm sure it's just my memories that are off and it's not actually that different).

No you're right. We've ended up having fish n chips a few times when visiting the States (I just needed something familiar!) and they were never as good. Mind you, you can find some pretty awful fish n chips in the UK too. I guess the difference is when you live somewhere, you find the best places. There's a chippy near us that fries everything in beef dripping over a coal fire and it is amazing. Seriously, if I were on death row and it were my last meal, I'd have fish n chips from that chippy.
  • spamarie
    Options
    All of the people who are going to @LBuehrle8's tea party! I've taken care of the menu for you. Save some Pimms for me.
    https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/12-brilliantly-vintage-tea-party-ideas-124625523.html

Ooooh.

That tea party chat made me crave tea sandwiches, even though I had no idea what they were and I had to look it up.

The funny thing is I've stayed in families in England 3 times (5 weeks total, 3 different families) and I can't remember ever having a proper tea!

Fish and chips are THE BEST when eaten on a chilly, windy beach with seagulls waiting menacingly for any leftovers.

Hah that is such a good description of the seagulls! I'm chip-obsessed this morning.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

This just happened to me. The conference I am at they did recognition awards. The guy in my group that won got recognized for 2 projects I led. One was done before he came on board. The other he came in on the tail end and had zero to do with. I totally led them. This is like the 4th time over the years this has happened to me. No one in an operations driven organization ever appreciates marketing communications. But I PROJECT LED these. This guy is connected.

I confess as soon as the awards were over I grabbed my stuff, went to hotel, and am now drowning my sorrows by reading this thread. :( I am feeling very sad.

That really, really stinks. I'd feel so awful!! I'm sorry that you're feeling sad about it--that was a really nasty thing for them/him to do. :( I never knew that this kind of stuff could happen in a professional environment!

Sadly it happens all the time. But I am naive enough that every time I end up so angry. I guess as Lois said I just (another context but apropos) need to put on my big boy pants and deal with it. I'll just smile and congratulate him today. Last night I acted like a big baby and left.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Yay! We got a man back!
    pknyoawrp7wi.gif

I totally laughed at this.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.

I think that's possibly the most appropriate translation of a phrase I've ever heard haha

Aww thank you so much that's made my day! :) It's faded a bit now but I'm dying it brighter in the hopes I stand out in the interview and they'll remember me ;) haha

@kelly_c_77 @spacequiztime @Tubbs216 @LBuehrle8 Awh thanks everyone! Haven't had a job interview in about a year, but I'm going to keep thinking of this thread and the super great shark while I'm there to get rid of nerves, haha

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I really wish we had pop tarts over here in the UK! I mean we have the standard strawberry and chocolate I think, but because I live in an area that is about 20 years behind the rest of the country they're pretty hard to come by haha. Brown sugar cinnamon sounds so good!

If you have a b&m near you, they have all sorts of flavour poptarts. I may have tried some

I dont know what a B&M is I'm afraid, we have an asda and a sainsburys though, but they're not really walking distance. May have to go on a quest for interesting poptarts haha
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

If you have a b&m near you, they have all sorts of flavour poptarts. I may have tried some

I dont know what a B&M is I'm afraid, we have an asda and a sainsburys though, but they're not really walking distance. May have to go on a quest for interesting poptarts haha
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have returned from my mini vacation and stayed up way too late trying to catch up. I think I'm caught up. I know I've missed some posts that I would have responded to had I known the right words to say. I'm thinking good thoughts for a lot of people here.

My SO is a foodie. I practice moderation around him but I'll check in the morning and the next morning to see if I gained weight (water or otherwise) on this trip. There was a lot of food, cider, and wine that was consumed.

Thumbnail sketch.
    Friday night and Saturday we were in Madison. SO did the Horribly Hilly Hundreds (100K) bike ride and I walked around Madison. Cute town. I enjoyed the farmers market, was caught by surprise by the naked bicyclists, and saw a whole lot of the campus.

Side note: I'm a long time cyclist (30+ years since I got into it) but he and I have different definitions. I have bike commuted for years. Now it is completely impractical as I drop my kids off on opposite sides of town, but given the chance I'd bike commute again. I also have done some week long bike trips. He goes out with groups and while he'll bike with me on weekends, other than that he is into high performance all the time. He enjoys it and I enjoy what I do, but we don't often do the same thing. :smiley: I have reminded him that commuter cyclist are important too as sometimes he forgets that. His bike is nice and new and high performance. Mine is a 1987 steel frame classic Bridgestone (oh yeah!) We both appreciate each others bike.

Saturday night - Monday night we were in Chicago. We ate good food (as we did in Madison), went to the horse races (I'd never been before), went to the Chicago Institute of Art (because it is amazing), and went to see the Cubs win over the Dodgers. (SO is a Cubs fan and I've lived in Los Angeles and met Tommy Lasorda ages ago). I rooted for the Cubs but I have many pleasant associations with the Dodgers.

TSA today was super great! really! From the time I walked into the airport until I was through security was very likely less than five minutes and I didn't go straight to the security line. I was greeted by all five TSA agents I walked past. I was sent to the precheck line (even though I don't have precheck). My shoes did set off alarms so I did have to take them off after all, but other than that - sooo easy. Now my best and worst security experience has been at Chicago O'Hare! (Five years apart).

I must get sleep. Have a great night/day. Edit because my grammar is worse than usual tonight.

This sounds amazing. I love Madison. I went to school there. I also love Chicago. The institute of art is incredible. Did you do the museum of science and industry too? That is great. My school went every year for a road trip when I lived in Cedarburg WI.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Beat off at work bathroom to thoughts of new reception girl

I think it's funny that you say this, but on your page your inspirations are

> Intimidating the boys coming around for my daughters
    > To be the best example to my son that I can be

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?
  • spamarie
    Options

You mean 'Kummerspeck'. I also love German.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?

I confess: I am judging you for judging that post...BUT his friends list consists almost entirely of attractive females with their make-up covered faces and body parts exposed....I smell a misogynist.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I confess: I am judging you for judging that post...BUT his friends list consists almost entirely of attractive females with their make-up covered faces and body parts exposed....I smell a misogynist.

I normally skip past those posts, but that made me a little sick in my mouth and had to see what kind of creep we are dealing with. Turns out to be a hypocritical one. So I felt a little urge to publicly shame him. Judge all you want, if I found out a man did that at my place of work or that new receptionist was my {hypothetical} daughter, he would be one testicle missing.

Edited because men are men, whatever, but don't make it public, I don't want that visual thanks

Edit again because: Why are you judging me for judging that? (out of curiosity, not picking a fight), it's disgusting and offensive.