Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I aim for 11k and have been doing pretty well so far. The most I've ever hit has been 24k. I was tempted to walk the extra 900 or so steps at 10pm to get to that 25k badge
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I ♡ my mare.

I just needed to share this.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I aim for 11k and have been doing pretty well so far. The most I've ever hit has been 24k. I was tempted to walk the extra 900 or so steps at 10pm to get to that 25k badge
    I'm so impressed with some of these step counts! The most I ever get is about 14,000.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed by the step totals mentioned here :). I don't think I've ever exceeded 14000, and that was a busy day! Maybe a challenge is what I need, except I certainly won't rival many of you!
  • Dnarules
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm so impressed with some of these step counts! The most I ever get is about 14,000.

LOL, I think you and I posted this at the same time! 14000 would be a very active day for me!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    POF, question for you re horses. Do they mind being transported in trailers? It's very hot here today and I just passed a big trailer with about 6 horses in it. All the windows were open so I'm sure they were fine, but I just wondered whether they are ok about going in - like, do they know they're going somewhere fun or interesting so get in happily (like my dog going in the car)?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Could someone pm me the group too please? I'm not 100% sure what its for but if it's called the Batcave I can't help but want in (do you guys have codenames and passwords? :wink: )

Under groups, it is called Confession is Good for the Soul, we just refer to it as the Batcave after Tubbs called the group listing that one time. I started a thread in the group for the fitbit. I like the idea of a daily thread for all activity trackers for us, then they can't say we aren't promoting weight loss!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

LOL, I think you and I posted this at the same time! 14000 would be a very active day for me!
    Haha! Great minds think alike and all that.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Could someone pm me the group too please? I'm not 100% sure what its for but if it's called the Batcave I can't help but want in (do you guys have codenames and passwords? :wink: )

Under groups, it is called Confession is Good for the Soul, we just refer to it as the Batcave after Tubbs called the group listing that one time. I started a thread in the group for the fitbit. I like the idea of a daily thread for all activity trackers for us, then they can't say we aren't promoting weight loss!

Aah that makes sense! I want a fitbit but I guess I need to get saving for it :) Thanks for the explanation! haha
  • Dnarules
    Options
    Two sad things, (one not so much, but sad for me).

1. My husband and I finished the series Breaking Bad last night at 12:30AM. Now I don't know what we will do :). I need to start back up with OITNB, but I can only watch that one really late so the kids don't see it. I'm not a prude, but as much as I like the show, there are some things I don't want them to see yet :).

2. But the really sad confession is that I am cleaning out my clothes, and I am so disappointed in myself. In 2012/2013, I lost 54 pounds. I have now gained it all back, so I have to put all my smaller clothes away for a while because I don't have room for both. Of course I knew I gained the weight, but putting everything away has really brought it home how far I've let myself slide. It was much more fun getting rid of the big stuff, you know. But at least I have a bunch of stuff waiting for me when I finally decide to start doing this again.
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Two sad things, (one not so much, but sad for me).

1. My husband and I finished the series Breaking Bad last night at 12:30AM. Now I don't know what we will do :). I need to start back up with OITNB, but I can only watch that one really late so the kids don't see it. I'm not a prude, but as much as I like the show, there are some things I don't want them to see yet :).

2. But the really sad confession is that I am cleaning out my clothes, and I am so disappointed in myself. In 2012/2013, I lost 54 pounds. I have now gained it all back, so I have to put all my smaller clothes away for a while because I don't have room for both. Of course I knew I gained the weight, but putting everything away has really brought it home how far I've let myself slide. It was much more fun getting rid of the big stuff, you know. But at least I have a bunch of stuff waiting for me when I finally decide to start doing this again.
    You'll be back into them before you know it! This was my experience too, and it makes you feel pretty crappy, doesn't it? I'm now back into my 'small' stuff, and you will be too!

Also, I can just about watch those shows with my 19 yo daughter, but would never watch OITNB with my boys (18 & 14). BB would be ok, I think, although I've been re-watching recently and there's more sex than I remembered. Watched Wolf of Wall St with my older son and there were a few bits that were a little awkward!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave
    I can't decide if I'd like to be in this or not. I have very busy days, and others where I'm a total slug and barely hit 3000 steps, and I'd be embarrassed about that. But it does sound fun...

Be in, be in! It seems like we have quite the range of fitness levels here, I imagine it's the same for the subset of Fitbit users. And maybe seeing the higher numbers of some people will help motivate you. I know I'm rather competitive, so I always try to beat the person who is just above me on my friends list. I know there is no way I can beat everyone - some people are super active, but I find it does help me push that little bit extra.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @Dnarules how did you like Breaking Bad? I'm usually really annoyed with how shows finish (AKA the last 3 seasons of Dexter) but I was really pleased with Breaking Bad.
  • Dnarules
    Options
    @Dnarules how did you like Breaking Bad? I'm usually really annoyed with how shows finish (AKA the last 3 seasons of Dexter) but I was really pleased with Breaking Bad.

I was, too. I thought they did a great job. And seasons 4 and 5 (especially 4) were so intense. My husband had actually stopped watching it, but then got addicted again in season 4.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Things here just got really intense and I want to run away.
    Also I think my fitbit might have stopped working.... I am gonna try and charge it now but God only knows how long its been dead or why I never got a low battery notification. If that is even what it is.....
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Also I think my fitbit might have stopped working.... I am gonna try and charge it now but God only knows how long its been dead or why I never got a low battery notification. If that is even what it is.....
    Oh no! Hope you're ok. Sometimes it is a good idea not to run away, but to take yourself away from the situation for a little break.
  • Dnarules
    Options

My fitbit has done that twice, and somehow my husband got it going again both times (Fitbit One). I will try to ask him what he did and get back to you. His stopped working, and they sent him another one. Their customer service is pretty good.

I hope things start going better.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave
    I can't decide if I'd like to be in this or not. I have very busy days, and others where I'm a total slug and barely hit 3000 steps, and I'd be embarrassed about that. But it does sound fun...

I assure you that my slug days are probably closer to 500 steps than 3000. No embarrassment allowed, this is the no judgement thread, remember?! We're all in this together. :)

I confess that I have eaten WAY too much ice cream today. Totally within my calories, but I didn't really NEED one serving of each flavor... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Hope you're ok. Sometimes it is a good idea not to run away, but to take yourself away from the situation for a little break.

Yup, this. I hope you feel better soon, sounds like you're going through a lot lately!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?