Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So TMI alert but here's a thought (you've been warned).

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

Aaah I didn't mean to put anyone off. Pregnancy has thus far not been too bad. I haven't puked once! Also now I'm at the stage where people officially know, I feel I can stick my gut out as far as I like (even if it is primarily due to too much lunch rather than baby). There are positives too!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

It's sticky on the inside, and after you wear it you rinse it carefully and leave it flat to dry and it gets sticky again. And like I mentioned, they're good for shape and coverage but obviously don't do anything lift-wise, really.

I'm glad the brownies worked out for you, @ythannah, and you don't think they taste like beans ;) My husband likes them more than real brownies because of the way the sweetness is cut back by the beans.

Be cheaper to use sticky tape if all it does is cover nipples lol Even at 26 I don't think I've ever gone out bra-less. I don't feel they are perky enough. Need to get more Bench Presses in I think.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

HA HA HA HA! I shouldn't laugh but that was funny. I've had those without being pregnant to be honest. lol
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

Confession: I had to google the word "Parentheses". Useful to know, but I don't think I will remember it unfortunately. I'd probably just say 'to close the bracket' because I'm uncouth like that. lol
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Half an hour left of work to go and I'm off for a week! I feel like my body knows this. It has started giving up since I got back from the gym. Muscles are a bit limp, getting quite drowsy, aaand I'm on here instead of doing work. :smile: I think I should just leave early.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    How does that even stay up?!

They're allegedly self-adhesive.

I've picked up the packages and they seem to be heavier than the appendages (mine anyway) they're supposed to support.

The sales clerk in La Senza swore they stayed on securely, but of course she IS paid to say stuff like that.

I don't want them lifted per se, just want them supported in a position north of my waistline and to avoid that dead giveaway braless jiggle & sway. (they're small but very mobile)

Same goes for mine. I don't understand how something heavier than the things they're supposed to support would work. Plus, I sweat really badly in that region so it would probably just slide right off in mid stride. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it. Maybe around the house or something, but most definitely NOT in public.

• Lois_1989
    Options
  • Lois_1989
    Options
  • Lois_1989
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you can't tell, I'm wasting time at work, but enlightening your day :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.

Oh definitely. I love them...but they look awful!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)

Hahaha! It would take a great deal of faith for me to do the same to the brownies. Though I would really like to try this. How did they taste @ythannah ??
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Me and my mum :smiley:<3

iggzzxv7u1v6.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    73j9d5w7ighr.jpg

I'm going to join you, @Lois_1989
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    So I thought I was going to get on the treadmill tonight, but as the day goes on my legs are feeling like they weigh 400 lbs apiece. So I think I may declare today rest and refeed day.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    The clothing rants brought up my own clothing first world problems.

I usually wear a size that is easily available in any clothes shop, but I'm only 5'2" so I try to stick to the short lady range. Having a curvy figure, I find tops for normal height people are ridiculously low cut on me. But kids stuff obviously doesn't accommodate for my curves so that's a no too. But more and more shops are doing a petite range, plus I've gotten good with a sewing machine at alterations, so I was okay.

Now I'm 4 months pregnant. Apparently there is no such thing as a short pregnant woman. Who knew? Not only that, but most shops around here don't actually have a maternity section other than online, so I can't try anything on, which I hate. I'm at that awkward in between stage where the bump isn't massive enough to hold up over the bump trousers, but it certainly isn't fitting into normal trousers. I may have had a hormonal sob about this last week...
    I sewed tops and dresses for myself.
    Won't let me edit. Would that work for you?

My sewing skills aren't good enough to sew things from scratch, but I do some alterations. I do lots of shortening of shoulder straps and trouser hems. I'm currently deciding which dresses to 'sacrifice' since if I wear them they'll stretch into an odd shape.

If you have a sewing machine and get the itch to try these are straight forward, just few seams and a hem - I swear they had a very similar pattern when I was preg 17 years ago. I had 1 - 2 tops I made, and 1 - 2 dresses. My belly was so huge compared to the rest of me that I could not find clothes to fit at any price. Good luck with your alterations and shopping. Ebay???

http://simplicity.com/p-11646-burda-style-maternity-wear.aspx
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Aw Lois that picture of you and your "mum" is adorable!! And thanks for the Dory picture she's my FAVE!!! <3
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I feel better now...

Aaah I didn't mean to put anyone off. Pregnancy has thus far not been too bad. I haven't puked once! Also now I'm at the stage where people officially know, I feel I can stick my gut out as far as I like (even if it is primarily due to too much lunch rather than baby). There are positives too!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

It ABSOLUTELY will be worth it in the end!!! <3
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I've just had my shopping delivered. i may or may not have bought cans of black cherry pie filling to go with my chocolate cake box mix. Also, many packages of jelly and gelatin to make jelly legos for Charlie's birthday. And cake. a thomas the tank engine cake. and i also bought safari animal cookie cutters. I know he doesn't need all that sugary stuff, but i just wanna make it. I'll be making some stuff for him to take to nursery for a little party as well.

OHHHH... Please tell me how the chocolate/cherry cake turns out!! I want to try this so badly but am afraid I'd eat the WHOLE thing, so I've been hesitant. If it's good, maybe I can make it, then bring it in to work for my coworkers... maybe but some whipped cream on top instead of too-sugary frosting.