Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

I tried it once. I thought it was gross.

I love it! And it's so easy...I just poke a million holes in it, pop it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes depending on it;s size, cut it open, and scrape it. All I usually put on it is salt, pepper, garlic powder and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese..but not usually. So good!
    Also welcome, @CosmoTI! Don't go back to your rock!! Stay!!!

Try this recipe: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/08/tex-mex-baked-spaghetti-squash/?utm_source=MFP&utm_medium=Facebook

It's seriously amazing. I made it twice for my husband and I, and we LOVED it. I wish I could make it more often, but the spaghetti squash here is imported from the United States and you don't even want to KNOW how much those babies cost... Let's just say that our meal cost about as much as a meal at a nice restaurant! ;)

That looks good! I'll have to try this the next time I buy a spaghetti squash.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    One of my bike rides last week resulted in a calorie burn of 666. >:)

I noticed that and I think I didn't hit "like" for that very reason. :blush:
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I've been considering weight lifting for awhile now and all this talk of it on this thread is really peaking my interest.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I've been considering weight lifting for awhile now and all this talk of it on this thread is really peaking my interest.

I need someone to show me how... that is what keeps me from doing it.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight lifting is really interesting to me. I love all the results the ladies around here are getting! What's stopping me is anxiety... I just cannot bring myself to wander into the weight section with all those big men. I'm thinking about making my own, relatively cheap weights at home. Has anyone done this?

Also you guys have done a good job at making me crave bananas. Especially a cold banana smoothie...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

I tried it once. I thought it was gross.

I love it! And it's so easy...I just poke a million holes in it, pop it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes depending on it;s size, cut it open, and scrape it. All I usually put on it is salt, pepper, garlic powder and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese..but not usually. So good!
    Also welcome, @CosmoTI! Don't go back to your rock!! Stay!!!

Try this recipe: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/08/tex-mex-baked-spaghetti-squash/?utm_source=MFP&utm_medium=Facebook

It's seriously amazing. I made it twice for my husband and I, and we LOVED it. I wish I could make it more often, but the spaghetti squash here is imported from the United States and you don't even want to KNOW how much those babies cost... Let's just say that our meal cost about as much as a meal at a nice restaurant! ;)

That looks good! I'll have to try this the next time I buy a spaghetti squash.

I agree, yum! Thanks, Susie!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Just so you know where I stand on the issues:

I love spaghetti squash.

I don’t eat yogurt, drink milk, or eat ice cream. About once a month I have a small amount of cheese on something, but will ask for things without cheese.

I have not had wheat/gluten products since 1995.

I love avocados.

I don’t like sweet drinks but I do like drinks that have a bit of bitter to them, i.e. black coffee, red wine.

I rarely have more than one drink and it is very rare that I have more than two. More than two is only in the presence of people I know and trust and more than three and I would be completely sick. I am picky about what I drink when I drink. The “I don’t like sweet drinks” extends to alcoholic drinks.

I will have a little honey in herbal teas when I’m feeling sick.

I am pretty neutral on bananas – when I do eat them they are the perfect, just yellow color. I have synthesized the artificial banana flavor in a school organic chemistry lab. I don’t care for it but it was the assignment.

As far as artificial flavors, I pretty much avoid them but cherry (as in cherry cough syrup) has negative memories associated with it and I can throw up if I have it. The grape is slightly better.

I love fresh grapefruit and fresh grapefruit juice. On the rare occasion it can get a little obsessive so I just avoid them when I start to just consume grapefruit.

I had the cotton-candy grapes and thought they were ok to good but nothing so special to pay three times as much for them. I like other grape varieties better. I grow grapes and am toying with eventually having a winery.

I like Trader Joe’s natural creamy salted peanut butter the best. Just peanuts and salt. Store upside down in the refrigerator a few days before you open it and you don’t have to stir it, like magic!

A fine dark chocolate is the perfect desert. I can knock out a pretty amazing gluten free something or other but I really don’t have that much of a sweet tooth.

I am not into candy corn.

Jelly bellies can sometimes interest me…but just sometimes.

I had to stop keeping chocolate covered espresso beans on my desk, for my own sake.

I will buy goodies I can’t eat and bring them in to share. Perhaps a little evil on my part…

I like chilis. I am very fond of roasted hatch chilis. I put jalapenos in the pot when I’m making soup (just one or so for a little kick).

Eggs hurt my stomach but I own laying hens and a laying turkey.

I don’t eat cheesecake and the one tofu cheesecake I once tried making was pure nastiness. Perhaps there is a better way now.

I can’t have almonds but I can have any other nut. Sadly, almonds are the “healthy” snack of the moment and are in far too many things.

I enjoy homemade corn tortillas and had two delicious tacos from a taco stand in thick homemade corn tortillas today. In the local style I didn’t even have to request “No queso”.

Have I covered all the issues yet?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I <3 candy corn and the pumpkins so to all those who don't send them to me!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Just so you know where I stand on the issues:

I love spaghetti squash.

I don’t eat yogurt, drink milk, or eat ice cream. About once a month I have a small amount of cheese on something, but will ask for things without cheese.

I have not had wheat/gluten products since 1995.

I love avocados.

I don’t like sweet drinks but I do like drinks that have a bit of bitter to them, i.e. black coffee, red wine.

I rarely have more than one drink and it is very rare that I have more than two. More than two is only in the presence of people I know and trust and more than three and I would be completely sick. I am picky about what I drink when I drink. The “I don’t like sweet drinks” extends to alcoholic drinks.

I will have a little honey in herbal teas when I’m feeling sick.

I am pretty neutral on bananas – when I do eat them they are the perfect, just yellow color. I have synthesized the artificial banana flavor in a school organic chemistry lab. I don’t care for it but it was the assignment.

As far as artificial flavors, I pretty much avoid them but cherry (as in cherry cough syrup) has negative memories associated with it and I can throw up if I have it. The grape is slightly better.

I love fresh grapefruit and fresh grapefruit juice. On the rare occasion it can get a little obsessive so I just avoid them when I start to just consume grapefruit.

I had the cotton-candy grapes and thought they were ok to good but nothing so special to pay three times as much for them. I like other grape varieties better. I grow grapes and am toying with eventually having a winery.

I like Trader Joe’s natural creamy salted peanut butter the best. Just peanuts and salt. Store upside down in the refrigerator a few days before you open it and you don’t have to stir it, like magic!

A fine dark chocolate is the perfect desert. I can knock out a pretty amazing gluten free something or other but I really don’t have that much of a sweet tooth.

I am not into candy corn.

Jelly bellies can sometimes interest me…but just sometimes.

I had to stop keeping chocolate covered espresso beans on my desk, for my own sake.

I will buy goodies I can’t eat and bring them in to share. Perhaps a little evil on my part…

I like chilis. I am very fond of roasted hatch chilis. I put jalapenos in the pot when I’m making soup (just one or so for a little kick).

Eggs hurt my stomach but I own laying hens and a laying turkey.

I don’t eat cheesecake and the one tofu cheesecake I once tried making was pure nastiness. Perhaps there is a better way now.

I can’t have almonds but I can have any other nut. Sadly, almonds are the “healthy” snack of the moment and are in far too many things.

I enjoy homemade corn tortillas and had two delicious tacos from a taco stand in thick homemade corn tortillas today. In the local style I didn’t even have to request “No queso”.

Have I covered all the issues yet?

LOL, this is great. I feel like I could start meal-planning for you now!

You and I seem like we have very similar tastes, although most of mine are preferences and not real intolerances or anything. I like bitter and spicy flavours a lot too (like Lindt chili dark chocolate...) and I adore grapefruit. I used to wear a vanilla grapefruit perfume, actually, because I liked it so much.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

I will just enjoy my plain old candy corn. Just a little of that stuff goes a long way.

I love candy corn. I love to bite each color off individually.

I can't eat it anymore. The sugar shock issue ....
    I used to eat them like that. XD

Candy corn pumpkins are my favorite because they're too cute.

There are different flavored candy corn on The Impulsive Buy and one of the flavors is fruit creme. It sounds disgusting :s

I never liked the pumpkins. Only the corn. I think the pumpkins are the wrong shape. The corn shape is perfect for eating each tiny section. It slows you down too! No stuffing a handful of those babies into your mouth!

Wanna bet? :p

And, for the record, I don't get the dark chocolate thing. I like it fine, but it's definitely not my favourite and I don't ever buy it, except dark chocolate macaroons.

What really bewilders me is all the people who say that one little teeny piece is all they need for a chocolate fix and their chocolate cravings are taken care of.... huh? One little piece of that stuff just leaves me wanting the Real Thing.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
    Cadbury creme eggs were overly sweet for me this year.

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    1crvygrl wrote: »

I need someone to show me how... that is what keeps me from doing it.

Same here!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I will just enjoy my plain old candy corn. Just a little of that stuff goes a long way.

I love candy corn. I love to bite each color off individually.

I can't eat it anymore. The sugar shock issue ....
    I used to eat them like that. XD

Candy corn pumpkins are my favorite because they're too cute.

There are different flavored candy corn on The Impulsive Buy and one of the flavors is fruit creme. It sounds disgusting :s

I never liked the pumpkins. Only the corn. I think the pumpkins are the wrong shape. The corn shape is perfect for eating each tiny section. It slows you down too! No stuffing a handful of those babies into your mouth!

Wanna bet? :p

And, for the record, I don't get the dark chocolate thing. I like it fine, but it's definitely not my favourite and I don't ever buy it, except dark chocolate macaroons.

What really bewilders me is all the people who say that one little teeny piece is all they need for a chocolate fix and their chocolate cravings are taken care of.... huh? One little piece of that stuff just leaves me wanting the Real Thing.

SAME!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?

Cadbury eggs are evil. Every Easter they beg me to eat them and I can't say no :s:p
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Cadbury eggs are evil. Every Easter they beg me to eat them and I can't say no :s:p
    Well, now I need to try one. Remind me when Easter rolls around, will ya? :)

Also, has anyone tried Fruit Dips? I got some of the chocolate covered strawberry and chocolate covered banana ones. They're pretty good and have helped me stay away from ice cream. Although I'm really craving some Monster Cookie ice cream from Target. I'll probably cave tomorrow when I go there... :(
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Well, now I need to try one. Remind me when Easter rolls around, will ya? :)

Also, has anyone tried Fruit Dips? I got some of the chocolate covered strawberry and chocolate covered banana ones. They're pretty good and have helped me stay away from ice cream. Although I'm really craving some Monster Cookie ice cream from Target. I'll probably cave tomorrow when I go there... :(

I definitely will!!

No I haven't tried those, is that the name of the brand? What store do you buy them? I'd like to try!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the only people I know who hates Cadbury eggs. To me they are sweet to the point of making me nauseous. As a child I would give them away to my siblings :confounded:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I'm one of the only people I know who hates Cadbury eggs. To me they are sweet to the point of making me nauseous. As a child I would give them away to my siblings :confounded:

Too bad we weren't sisters! My parents only our Cadbury eggs in my Easter basket growing up as it's the only candy I would eat!