Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I haven't visited Onederland in almost a year and the last visit was way too short.

It's been at least a year or more since I have visited myself. I am hoping to take up permanent residence there now. It's a small move into it, but it's there.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Finally seeing some movement on the scale. I was disappointed earlier this week because of a bump upward, but now the whoosh has occurred and I am headed downward again!! I hit onederland this morning!!!

Great news... I keep bouncing up and down. Been between 175 and 180 for months now. I want to get down to 150 eventually.

Keep after it!! You will get there. I never thought I would get back down enough for onederland, but I see it now and want more.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 You got your Fitbit? Hooray, did I miss this news, sorry if I did.

As of three hours ago, yes! I yelled about it all over the Fitbit thread, so you must not have been in there. ;)

YAY!!! I don't have a Fitbit, so I missed the big announcement. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks! I'm super happy for me too. :D I really think it will motivate me to move more, stick to my calories, and be overall more active.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Finally seeing some movement on the scale. I was disappointed earlier this week because of a bump upward, but now the whoosh has occurred and I am headed downward again!! I hit onederland this morning!!!
    Congratulations!

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Awesome news @crosbylee !
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Congrats, that is so exciting!!

Yea! It's so nice when that happens
  • raymax4
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I'm not a big fan of fish, never have been. But it is high in protein and good fats so in the interest of being an adult I have started to eat the non-fishier tasting ones. I also am getting kinda sick of soup for lunch every day so I decided to try tuna salad on a sandwich. Just in case I couldn't choke it down, I brought some pringles with my lunch today. I was thinking a tuna salad and potato chip sandwich (I guess I'm just not that good at adulting). Well the sandwich wasn't too bad but I still ate the pringles.

Which ones are those? I am also not a fan of fish.

I like tilapia. You can sprinkle it with minced garlic and parmesan, salt & pepper, then fry it till the parmesan gets crispy. I like to add a little bit of spicy seasoning to it, too. And I fry it in garlic-infused olive oil (best thing ever). Anyhow, even though it sounds horribly calorie-dense with the frying, it's really not bad at all. I eat it with a baked potato and some cottage cheese. Tasty!

I think tilapia is pretty mild - it's a fairly inexpensive white fish. In the States, you can get a package of frozen filets for pretty reasonable prices. Might be worth a try?

Tilapia is also good with lemon juice and pepper and baked in foil with mango salsa.
    I do like fish. That tilapia sounds good. I also like salmon. One of my favourite ways to cook it is baked in a foil parcel with two TBS of sweet chili sauce brushed over it. Cooks in no time and very tasty!

This is how I eat fish when my other half is grilling something for himself. I just have him toss my packet on the grill for 20 minutes and he's "made me dinner" even though I did all the work. ;)

I haven't cooked fish much, I grew up a vegetarian, so I have never really learned how to cook meat until I was older,.
    Thank you all for this thread, I think I'll try some of these
  • raymax4
    Options
    Just an FYI, I will be sort of MIA today because my work laptop needs a bit of tweaking. It IS a wonderful excuse to not really get anything done though. ;)

Confession: If there had been cake in my house this morning, it would have been breakfast. And then some.

Came in today to find that there were donuts for one celebration, bagels for another thing and cake and cupcakes for a birthday celebration, it will all be enjoyed! It is one of those kind of days for me, I did not get enough sleep, got up not feeling great, had to go get some blood work and the tech had to stick me 3 times before she was successful and I just want to eat.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you gets chance for a nap,
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

As of three hours ago, yes! I yelled about it all over the Fitbit thread, so you must not have been in there. ;)

YAY!!! I don't have a Fitbit, so I missed the big announcement. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks! I'm super happy for me too. :D I really think it will motivate me to move more, stick to my calories, and be overall more active.

I love to wear my fitbit when I mow the lawn with the zero turn. With all the bouncing around it records crazy step counts that I choose to accept as fact. And since they are "fact" I can eat back those exercise calories without guilt. :p
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I love to wear my fitbit when I mow the lawn with the zero turn. With all the bouncing around it records crazy step counts that I choose to accept as fact. And since they are "fact" I can eat back those exercise calories without guilt. :p

I dance hard in my car when I am driving, flailing my arms so I get some step count! I totally accept that as fact.
  • crosbylee
    Options

I dance hard in my car when I am driving, flailing my arms so I get some step count! I totally accept that as fact.

Totally! Your feet mat not be moving but the rest of you sure is!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Welcome to onderland!

celebrate.gif
  • bkhamill
    Options

I get funny looks from other drivers too!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Mine registered extra steps when I was drying dishes, of all things. It wasn't a lot, maybe 20 steps, but I was surprised.

Think I can log it as exercise? "15 minutes of dish drying-vigorous"
  • crosbylee
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Mine registered extra steps when I was drying dishes, of all things. It wasn't a lot, maybe 20 steps, but I was surprised.

Think I can log it as exercise? "15 minutes of dish drying-vigorous"

It counts!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The first time I was trying to use a dry shampoo in my hair, I vigorously rubbed my hands through my hair and got a ton of "extra steps" that day :p
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I figured it out when I got the friend request on Fitbit. Yay, Susie!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Seriously bored at work this week and it is making it drag by!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I get funny looks from other drivers too!
    I love it when I see people seriously gettin' down in their cars, or singing their heads off!
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Seriously bored at work this week and it is making it drag by!

You want to do this 691 line spreadsheet of entries for me? It is REAL fun! Not mind numbing at all. I am on line 300, and going cross eyed!