Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Looks like I'm spending the night in the ER with my husband. Kidney stones may have returned. At least the meds are working to ease his pain.

Sleep is overrated anyway.

ETA: Definitely a stone- 2mm

Been right there before with my husband. After he passed it, he was ready to go work or do whatever. Crazy. I hope your husband gets better soon.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was MAJORLY upset on my 'official' weigh in today when I got on the scale and saw 179.4.
    I was like "I've been at 179 FOREVER! I'm doing EVERYTHING RIGHT! WTF?!"
    Well, turns out I can't read because my mom says get on it again, so I do, and she walks up behind me and I realize it says 178.4. I'm useless for anything before my first cup of coffee....

That's awesome! I would kill for 178.4 right now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    saraherren wrote: »
    I started my first "big girl" job today since graduating college in May last year (with a BS in Biochemistry)! I brought my lunch (which was super healthy - boneless, skinless chicken and spinach), but I ended up having 2 slices of pizza, fries, and a breadstick with my boss and another co-worker. :D

Whoo hooo. How did the first day go?

She had pizza, fries, and a breadstick...sounds like the day went great to me! ;)

That is what I thought, lol.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. My mom came through her gallbladder surgery okay, so that's a major relief.

I just got a call from my doctor, since I have gone through the only non-amphetamine medications available with no success, we are now trying adderall twice a day. The kicker, I have to take a drug test and sign a "drug contract" before I can get the prescription. I'm not upset about doing that, but it disturbs me that things have gotten so bad that people who NEED that medication have to jump through so many hoops due to others abusing it. I'm just hoping this time the meds work and I don't have to keep going through this changing medicine cycle.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was MAJORLY upset on my 'official' weigh in today when I got on the scale and saw 179.4.
    Well, turns out I can't read because my mom says get on it again, so I do, and she walks up behind me and I realize it says 178.4. I'm useless for anything before my first cup of coffee....

That's awesome! I would kill for 178.4 right now!

Me and you both lol!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I started my first "big girl" job today since graduating college in May last year (with a BS in Biochemistry)! I brought my lunch (which was super healthy - boneless, skinless chicken and spinach), but I ended up having 2 slices of pizza, fries, and a breadstick with my boss and another co-worker. :D

Congrats!!!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I wanted to add my own weird guy-bite story. Years ago I was at a club dancing with some guy and he bit my cheek. It didn't leave a visible bruise thankfully, but it was really tender. WHY would a person feel the need to bite someone's face?! I was left speechless so I just looked at him and walked away.

Because faces are full of protein! :lol:

I don't have any biting on dates stories. Hmmm. Nope.
    Daughter, when she was about a year old, always needed to be walked around so that she would fall asleep. Ex was walking around with her, he thought she was asleep. Her head was resting on his shoulder. He stopped walking to turn around. She, with her two top teeth and two bottom teeth, chomped down on his neck hard. I guess she was not asleep and didn't want him to stop walking. It looked for all the world as if he had a hickey and he could not hide it. (hahhahaha). He let me take the blame as he didn't want to tell co-workers that his little baby bit him. :smile:

Ouch!
  • marissafit06
    Options

:smile: the little changes make such a big difference
  • marissafit06
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 Hopefully you can get you medications sorted and working for you.

@Just_Ceci Long nights are tough. Hope your husband gets better soon.
  • Kame342
    Kame342 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can't keep trigger foods in the house. For example: baking cookies or Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits! In the past, I had made biscuits...but ate the entire container full. Yuck. And with cookies, I had made several batches one night and ate almost 10 cookies.

My cravings and taste buds have changed a lot since then, tho! I'm almost 9 months and 40 pounds down into my weight loss journey. I only record my weight/measurements when I have a loss. I hate having my charts be all over the place. Yes, weight loss isn't linear, but I like to see my charts go down!

This used to get me so much too! My boyfriends favorite dessert is cookies and if they are in the house I tend to munch. In a compromise, I have bought cookies to bake for him only if I know I won't like them. I HATE nuts and peanut butter in cookies is weird to me (I know, I know. I'm the weird one. lol) so I always make sure they are something and peanut butter or something and some kind of nut that way, I wont eat them. It has seemed to work okay so far. :)
  • Kame342
    Kame342 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I did this too, of sorts when I was a kid. I would take the cocoa powder and add a bit of water to it, making it into the paste. But I wouldn't stop there, oh no. I would also add sprinkles if they were in the house and make this weird dessert sprinkle thing. I did this more than once. (Maybe way more than twice.)

I am ashamed about this to this day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Kame342 wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I did this too, of sorts when I was a kid. I would take the cocoa powder and add a bit of water to it, making it into the paste. But I wouldn't stop there, oh no. I would also add sprinkles if they were in the house and make this weird dessert sprinkle thing. I did this more than once. (Maybe way more than twice.)

And cocoa powder is back!!! Black out bingo!!!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Looks like I'm spending the night in the ER with my husband. Kidney stones may have returned. At least the meds are working to ease his pain.

Sleep is overrated anyway.

ETA: Definitely a stone- 2mm

yikes! good luck
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

and of course i make the mistake of letting the dude kiss me. kissing is fine, kissing is fun, but then he bites my neck so hard i now have a stinkin BRUISE, like i'm a dumb high school kid. ugh. UGH! i'm grateful the temps here have dropped a bit, so my turtleneck seems normal.

Maybe that's his quirky thing... while he's racking up his many conquests, he "marks" them as one of his . :p

You do meet the most interesting guys, though.

bwahahahaha
    ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Oh, I finally got to see your pic! You are adorable!

*blushes*
    thank you <3
  • KylerJaye
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kame342 wrote: »

And cocoa powder is back!!! Black out bingo!!!

*high five*
    YEAH!

weird post is being weird....
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #24

decided this was just another let's chill and say hi type thing.
    which really means i'm in yoga pants and a t-shirt and have no intentions of trying to pretty myself up. deal.

this is John #4, and not in that dirty prostitution type sense, literally, the fourth dude named John i've met thus far. quite the common name.

so anyway! had talked to the dude a bit ago, kinda dropped off, then popped up again.
    chatting with him on sunday, he asked if i wanted to hang out in person. sure!
    so we're just havin some chit chats and talk of experiences with which ever dating site we met through is always a topic of conversation. so he asks me if i've met a lot of dudes, which i tend to be a lil vague about ('cause it's none of dudes business, but i'm also curious about what his experience is so i don't totally shut it down. hehe). i usually go with, yeah i've met a few random guys here and there, nothing amazing, how about you? he says that on the site he found me, i'm the first girl he's met in person, but then adds, well it's also not the main site he uses. ok, what site is the main one you use?

Tinder. eek! i mention my pure terror of anything involving tinder, he asks why and i say how, at least in this area, it seems just to be a way to hookup with ppl and it's seems quite judgey and that's just not my scene. and he says, oh yeah, it totally is! now my lil brain is just running a muck and i just have to ask; so have you hooked up with a lot of chicks through there? oh yeah! (eek!) huh, that's interesting, a lot? 25-30. holy crap!

ooooooooooh, so you're just looking for hook-ups? his reply? well not specifically, but that's just what guys do. he then goes on to explain that you know, guys just have as much sex as they can, it's what they do, it's the norm. it's at this point that i start to look around my kitchen wondering if somehow secretly lil cameras have been stashed about, because this MUST be some type of joke. mind you this dude is a chiropractor, in theory, an adult professional! ha! and he's decent looking, but nothing amazing, and yet still manages to be a total man-*kitten*. heh.

and of course i make the mistake of letting the dude kiss me. kissing is fine, kissing is fun, but then he bites my neck so hard i now have a stinkin BRUISE, like i'm a dumb high school kid. ugh. UGH! i'm grateful the temps here have dropped a bit, so my turtleneck seems normal.

smh

next pls.....

WHAT! You know that is just a get out clause for when he cheats on someone. When, because obviously he will. Either that or he has some sort of complex. Like a teeny weeny. 25-30 girls, what a joke.

I really don't have a problem with sleeping around. Heck, I did it, too. Bragging about it on a first date? NEXT!
    And biting? No.

• rungirl1973
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. My mom came through her gallbladder surgery okay, so that's a major relief.

I just got a call from my doctor, since I have gone through the only non-amphetamine medications available with no success, we are now trying adderall twice a day. The kicker, I have to take a drug test and sign a "drug contract" before I can get the prescription. I'm not upset about doing that, but it disturbs me that things have gotten so bad that people who NEED that medication have to jump through so many hoops due to others abusing it. I'm just hoping this time the meds work and I don't have to keep going through this changing medicine cycle.

Yeah, it's silly. I take Adderall, too.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I may never catch up in the batcave. Y'all have been busy!
    I'm in Indiana this week for a startup. Waiting for the software people to get their stuff ready right now...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I may never catch up in the batcave. Y'all have been busy!
    I'm in Indiana this week for a startup. Waiting for the software people to get their stuff ready right now...

I can barely keep up either! I just read a much as I can and post on the things that really jump out at me. And then tell everyone I love them!