Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I have a desk job so to get in my steps I go for 2-3 mini walks a day. We have a parking lot in the back of the building that they close during winter so they don't have to plow it. The hallway and the stairs that go out there are where I take my mini walks. They don't heat either. Right now, it is 9 degrees F in that stairwell. I tried but I could not handle it and now I'm sad because I'm not going to get my steps. Of course, it's a big building. I could find another stairwell but I liked this one because it's pretty much deserted.

It was 15F when I went out to walk on my lunch break yesterday. I chickened out and did the last 10 minutes inside the building. Now I know how cold is too cold.

I just bought a cheap treadmill so I could walk inside and watch NCIS. :)

Last year I was much tougher, I went out every night. I have gotten very lazy.

I want to get a treadmill so I can be somewhat productive on days I don't feel like leaving the house once I'm home. Where did you find your treadmill, POF? I've had suggestions of looking on Craigslist, but all I saw was either way too expensive, or junk.

I wanted to mostly walk on mine but people apparently also run on these.

Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill

It was very reasonable and had mostly good reviews.

I edited this as the link went right into my account!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I also didn't want to invest a lot in case I never use it. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I have a desk job so to get in my steps I go for 2-3 mini walks a day. We have a parking lot in the back of the building that they close during winter so they don't have to plow it. The hallway and the stairs that go out there are where I take my mini walks. They don't heat either. Right now, it is 9 degrees F in that stairwell. I tried but I could not handle it and now I'm sad because I'm not going to get my steps. Of course, it's a big building. I could find another stairwell but I liked this one because it's pretty much deserted.

It was 15F when I went out to walk on my lunch break yesterday. I chickened out and did the last 10 minutes inside the building. Now I know how cold is too cold.

I just bought a cheap treadmill so I could walk inside and watch NCIS. :)

Last year I was much tougher, I went out every night. I have gotten very lazy.

I walk to/from work because it makes sense, but I highly doubt I'd be motivated enough to go outside in the cold if I didn't have to get somewhere, you two are tougher than I am.

I went out every night for an hour or an hour and a half at 10:30 no matter the weather. I need to get back to that!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess I am at home and really really want something sweet. So, I just ate several spoonfuls of raspberry jam. Just the jam.

(I think this counts for a square Mo)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am claiming the square because Mo hasn't yet. B6
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Darn it all to heck! That's what I get for actually working today. :grumble:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I confess I am at home and really really want something sweet. So, I just ate several spoonfuls of raspberry jam. Just the jam.

We got some amazing seedless raspberry jam at one of the natural grocery stores. It was expensive but WAY worth it. Especially on a bagel with some cream cheese.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I confess I do this quite a bit in a pinch. It goes great in between spoonfuls of PB. ;)
    I haven't had a proper PBJ sandwich in forever..but I've certainly had (more than) my fair share of PB and J!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I confess I do this quite a bit in a pinch. It goes great in between spoonfuls of PB. ;)
    I haven't had a proper PBJ sandwich in forever..but I've certainly had (more than) my fair share of PB and J!

I do love PBJ. I don't have PB. So I just did the J part. PBJ is perfect before a race, but I don't want to go buy all the ingredients for PBJ as it will be gone in a few days. So... I may be eating cold soup if the electric goes out with the storm! This was the first time I tried just the J. It really wasn't that bad. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

We got some amazing seedless raspberry jam at one of the natural grocery stores. It was expensive but WAY worth it. Especially on a bagel with some cream cheese.

I love raspberry jam. Now I may need to eliminate that from my house too. I just can't be trusted with food. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I love raspberry jam. Now I may need to eliminate that from my house too. I just can't be trusted with food. :(

But you can be trusted to run it off, so there's that.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I made a cookie spread sandwich on my sandwich maker the other day & it was good.

I'll try the Jif Cheesecake spread tomorrow.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Not enough lately (Disney aside...)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Why am I getting ads in chinese?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I made a cookie spread sandwich on my sandwich maker the other day & it was good.

I'll try the Jif Cheesecake spread tomorrow.

Don't tell me this....
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I think when I started to get on the treadmill ( after the elliptical) the person next to me moved to another treadmill. I can not confirm, but I believe I stunk so bad, people had to get away from me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Maybe it's a hint to learn the language?
  • Oberon21
    Options

Maybe it's a hint to learn the language?

yeah good luck with that. I am terrible at languages.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

YES!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I think when I started to get on the treadmill ( after the elliptical) the person next to me moved to another treadmill. I can not confirm, but I believe I stunk so bad, people had to get away from me.

:D I'm trying not to laugh at you but that was a very good confession