Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

I still eat pop rocks. There is this chocolate bar that has pop rocks and jujubes in them. Totally my favourite
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Oberon21 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Protein farts.

Taking son to doctor. His poor ear is still bleeding.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Protein farts was a suggestion to Quik for her card.

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

Oh man!! That's no good!! Hope he's ok!!

I hate it when I realize I've missed good conversations in here. Right now I'm regretting having missed the pronunciations arc.

Jump right in! What you got?!?

Well for starters, is it pronounced sher-bet, sher-bit, sher-bert or sher-bay?
    Who was the guy that did his 666 confession in here and had some stuff like peeing off the side of the house and other stuff. He was active, then I think after that confession (some pretty personal stuff) he disappeared. I think he got embarrassed.

Maybe his cousin found out?

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

If I'm talking about it and the printed word is not nearby then it's "sore-bay", but if it's somewhere spelled "sherbet" then I pronounce it that way. We tend to see "sorbet" here more frequently than "sherbet" here though.

Sorbet is different to sherbet though. Sorbet is a frozen thingy sometimes given as dessert usually used as a palate cleanser between meals. Sherbet is a fizzy powder. Or have I totally lost the plot?

As evidenced by the video I posted, sher-Bert is a sugary alternative to ice cream.

I confess - I didn't watch the video. I didn't want everyone if my office to wonder what I was doing... ;)

But when you do watch it, your happiness will increase by at least 230%.

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

I somehow missed this video...

Don't go find it, @Oberon21! You will not find it funny.

Ahh got it. Bodily functions I assume.

Yep.

Thanks for having my back. <3
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

I still eat pop rocks. There is this chocolate bar that has pop rocks and jujubes in them. Totally my favourite

Firecracker bars! I don't remember the brand. But dark chocolate, sea salt, chili and pop rocks! YUM!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Is it one of those Cadbury ones? I think I've seen them but I'm not much for milk chocolate so I've been scared to try them.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Firecracker bars! I don't remember the brand. But dark chocolate, sea salt, chili and pop rocks! YUM!

Now THAT I would eat. I need to Google this. Chili dark chocolate is my all time favourite.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Remember was it Mikey who died from eating pop rocks and soda? That was an urban legend for years!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Now THAT I would eat. I need to Google this. Chili dark chocolate is my all time favourite.

I have never heard of these either.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I haven't heard of chili and chocolate either. I am apparently quite sheltered.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

I hate it when I realize I've missed good conversations in here. Right now I'm regretting having missed the pronunciations arc.

Who was the guy that did his 666 confession in here and had some stuff like peeing off the side of the house and other stuff. He was active, then I think after that confession (some pretty personal stuff) he disappeared. I think he got embarrassed.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

If I'm talking about it and the printed word is not nearby then it's "sore-bay", but if it's somewhere spelled "sherbet" then I pronounce it that way. We tend to see "sorbet" here more frequently than "sherbet" here though.

Sorbet is different to sherbet though. Sorbet is a frozen thingy sometimes given as dessert usually used as a palate cleanser between meals. Sherbet is a fizzy powder. Or have I totally lost the plot?

As evidenced by the video I posted, sher-Bert is a sugary alternative to ice cream.

I'm on my phone so don't see photos or videos, but I wouldn't say it was an alternative
  • orangesmartie
    edited February 2016
    Options

Sherbet dib dabs!!!! And sherbet fountains!!! Might have to be a care package crossing the pond
  • orangesmartie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I may need to try this when I am in England...

I will make a list and stock up on all the things you need to try
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I confess - I didn't watch the video. I didn't want everyone if my office to wonder what I was doing... ;)

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

So it worked indirectly at least? Lol
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.

I will make a list and stock up on all the things you need to try[/quote]

Yes! And you need to try candy corn... I haven't forgotten! And off to Dollywood we go! Full agenda!

I am still not too keen on clotted cream...
  • Joanie456
    Joanie456 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Similarly, I add 1 to 1.5 lbs to my "recorded" weight compared to what my scale says, and I only log when my weight reaches a new low. It feels good to look at my report and see only consistent losses, and when there aren't losses, I can remind myself that I've been adding a pound each time anyways.

• orangesmartie
    Options

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.

I will make a list and stock up on all the things you need to try

Yes! And you need to try candy corn... I haven't forgotten! And off to Dollywood we go! Full agenda!

I am still not too keen on clotted cream...[/quote]

Clotted cream is amazing and a British institution. I will insist upon you trying it!

I definitely need to go to dollywood! I'm so looking forward to the food side of things.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Sherbet dib dabs!!!! And sherbet fountains!!! Might have to be a care package crossing the pond

Oohhh. Sherbet dib dabs are the best. Followed closely by double dip. Mmmm...
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I feel all included now, I've just had a private message from 'chris' telling me about the judgemental women at the gym
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Oohhh. Sherbet dib dabs are the best. Followed closely by double dip. Mmmm...

I love double dips!

(no double entendre intended)
  • Joanie456
    Joanie456 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never thought of that--when I weigh on the Dr.'s scale there is so much difference between my scales and her's I think that will tone down some of the scale shock! I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate cooky dough icecreat two days ago--didn't log it either because it was 225 calories per 1/2 c--BAD ME!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I feel all included now, I've just had a private message from 'chris' telling me about the judgemental women at the gym

Is that CosmoT1?