Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I just read an article titled "20 gifts you should stop giving"

I often give the first 3... UGH

I liked the line "Nothing says I DON"T KNOW YOU like a candle..."

Actually, if it's the right scent, it says you do know me. I burn candles in my house often.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That must explain why my grandma gave me a candle the one year. I forget how old I was (maybe 11-17?), but I remember the candle had such an awful smell that I didn't even use it. Now that I'm older I understand the whole it's the thought that counts, but back then I probably was like WTF grandma?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that loves when I give him candles - he is my candle guy. He gets mad when his wife burns "THE GOOD CANDLE" I guess they save them for when guests come. lol
    His favorite is Bath and body works Mahogany Teakwood.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I got the email last night too! So yes, it is in the states, Mo!

I know what we're having for dinner on Friday night!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Can you share that link?

Also, I LOVE candles and the other people I have given them too have loved them too!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Can you share that link?

Also, I LOVE candles and the other people I have given them too have loved them too!

Obviously, all of the candle people hang out here.
  • Beka3695
    Options

Can you share that link?

It was one of those that pop up in your news feed.... I just went back and its not there. If I see it again I will grab it.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I buy Bath and Body Works candles when they go on sale for any misc occasion. I think I have two cases in my hall closet now - that would be 16 candles. :p
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I buy Bath and Body Works candles when they go on sale for any misc occasion. I think I have two cases in my hall closet now - that would be 16 candles. :p

I saw a thing that this Saturday only, they'll be $8.50! I plan on buying a ton because we burn candles all winter and I DO give them as gifts, but I make sure they're scents that specific person would enjoy!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Can you share that link?

It was one of those that pop up in your news feed.... I just went back and its not there. If I see it again I will grab it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/25plus-most-boring-holiday-gifts-you-need-to-stop-giving/ss-BBQ7nDT?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

FOUND IT!!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Don't go buying me candles. Mr Spam can't stand scented stuff and I'm too paranoid about flames!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Don't go buying me candles. Mr Spam can't stand scented stuff and I'm too paranoid about flames!

I won't, but I burn one in the bathroom often to cover up the smelly boy BO coming from the laundry hamper.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Can you share that link?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/25plus-most-boring-holiday-gifts-you-need-to-stop-giving/ss-BBQ7nDT?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

FOUND IT!!!

Okay, so I truly like several of the things on that list... Either I am weird or I don't get gifts from people who don't know me well.

Socks are a perennial stocking stuffer in our family. I collect coffee mugs. I journal the heck out of stress so notebooks are always good. (I asked for planner pages for Christmas or my birthday.) I asked for headbands sold at my yoga studio. Those are the only brand I have found that will stay in my super thick hair that takes 8+ hours to air dry. (Plus I bought a t shirt from there for my own stocking.) And we already talked about candles.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I love candles and used to burn them all the time until one of our cats walked over one and singed his belly hairs. :| Now I can't risk burning them.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Sweet!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I know what we're having for dinner on Friday night!!!

SAME
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have candles older than my children that I have never burned
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Sweet!

I asked Mike if he got an email about the sale and he didn't. Do you have to mention the email or give some sort of code when ordering, or it just a thing they're doing this week?! I DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON HALF-PRICE PIZZA!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Can you share that link?

FOUND IT!!!

Okay, so I truly like several of the things on that list... Either I am weird or I don't get gifts from people who don't know me well.

Socks are a perennial stocking stuffer in our family. I collect coffee mugs. I journal the heck out of stress so notebooks are always good. (I asked for planner pages for Christmas or my birthday.) I asked for headbands sold at my yoga studio. Those are the only brand I have found that will stay in my super thick hair that takes 8+ hours to air dry. (Plus I bought a t shirt from there for my own stocking.) And we already talked about candles.

I felt the same way, Mel! I honestly LOVE socks, workout gear/clothes, notebooks, cash (dur), and other things from their list.

My mother is the WORST at giving personal gifts. I honestly don't think she puts thought into what the person she's buying for would like. I HOPE I'm not like that! I ALWAYS try to think about each person individually and really get them something they wouldn't buy themselves, or that they've mentioned wanting.