Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Ooh page 3333. Nice!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ooh page 3333. Nice!

Nope, you missed it! :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I cannot rant and rave the way I want to because health privacy laws are a thing. So, please just send prayers and positive thoughts to the family of my brother's friend, Steve Hinkle. Steve was a school resource officer, who lost his life responding to a welfare check this weekend when it was all hand on deck because of the flooding. He was an all around good guy and always had a smile for everyone. He will be missed and life is unfair. What an unbelievably awful day...

RIP, brother in blue. :'(

Sending prayers to his family, your family, and his blue family.

I assume this is him? https://www.odmp.org/officer/23979-police-officer-nicholas-galinger

ETA: Sorry, I missed his name somehow. Two officers in two days? Awful.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I cannot rant and rave the way I want to because health privacy laws are a thing. So, please just send prayers and positive thoughts to the family of my brother's friend, Steve Hinkle. Steve was a school resource officer, who lost his life responding to a welfare check this weekend when it was all hand on deck because of the flooding. He was an all around good guy and always had a smile for everyone. He will be missed and life is unfair. What an unbelievably awful day...

I assume this is him? https://www.odmp.org/officer/23979-police-officer-nicholas-galinger

Sgt Steve Hinkle. http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforcement/2019/02/26/Sullivan-County-deputy-succumbs-to-gunshot-wound.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=1

Officer Galinger was from Chattanooga, where Tamara goes to school. And, yes, it's awful. It's almost enough to make me rethink feeling safe 100% of the time.

My brother is a chaplain for the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department, Bristol TN and VA police departments and TN Highway Patrol. My dad was a reserve sheriff's deputy after he was an MP and his dad was a constable as well as a dairy farmer. We are a blue family. There were always cops at my house when I was a kid.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Lois, you will figure it out. Neither of my kids were what you called planned, but we both stepped up to do what was needed. That kind of responsibility tends to bring that out in a guy, especially daughters for some reason.

Ditto -- both of my girls are birth control babies. My ex was a stay at home dad for 3 or so years. He was a WONDERFUL dad!

Sometimes you have to roll with the punches. I was trying not to get pregnant and did anyway. Darn little suckers would crawl across the sheets to find me. But, it was in the greater plan and we went with it. My oldest is now actively trying to get pregnant and is not having any luck. She is so stressed because of it.

I guess my point is sometimes we have to play the hand we are dealt. Kids, no kids, want kids, oops kids...

We are here to support you in ANY decision you make! <3<3<3<3<3

Awww thank you! I really needed to hear that. I sometimes feel like if I made a bad choice I would be a constant eye roll from everyone.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

Sgt Steve Hinkle. http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforcement/2019/02/26/Sullivan-County-deputy-succumbs-to-gunshot-wound.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=1

Officer Galinger was from Chattanooga, where Tamara goes to school. And, yes, it's awful. It's almost enough to make me rethink feeling safe 100% of the time.

My brother is a chaplain for the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department, Bristol TN and VA police departments and TN Highway Patrol. My dad was a reserve sheriff's deputy after he was an MP and his dad was a constable as well as a dairy farmer. We are a blue family. There were always cops at my house when I was a kid.

I’m so sorry Mel :cry: sending all my love and thoughts to you all. He died a hero.

P.S. I’m a little annoyed the shooter died, he should be held responsible for his actions.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

:cry: I am so sorry for your family's loss.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I’m so sorry Mel :cry: sending all my love and thoughts to you all. He died a hero.

P.S. I’m a little annoyed the shooter died, he should be held responsible for his actions.

He's dead, Lois, and he's not wasting my tax dollars waiting for a trial and then 20 years of appeals on death row. I will take quick justice from the good guys with guns. Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic, but that's how I feel about it.
    I went to church with Steve before I got married. He was close to retirement. This is not fair, but gosh darn it, at least the bad guy won't be hurting anyone else this time.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Ooh page 3333. Nice!

Nope, you missed it! :laugh:

Ha, just my luck!!
  • spamarie
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Mel. There aren't really good enough words!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Mel. There aren't really good enough words!

Thanks, Anne-Marie.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

He's dead, Lois, and he's not wasting my tax dollars waiting for a trial and then 20 years of appeals on death row. I will take quick justice from the good guys with guns. Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic, but that's how I feel about it.
    I went to church with Steve before I got married. He was close to retirement. This is not fair, but gosh darn it, at least the bad guy won't be hurting anyone else this time.

Most cops I know feel the same as Mel, me included.
  • spamarie
    Options
    I started logging again, let's see how long this lasts. It's already annoying me that to lose half a pound a week I'm already below 1500 calories.

Wondering if I should change my status from sedentary. Although I don't properly exercise, I must actually move a fair bit chasing after the kids, plus I'm still breastfeeding at night. 1500 calories to lose bugger all isn't going to cut it for more than a few days!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I started logging again, let's see how long this lasts. It's already annoying me that to lose half a pound a week I'm already below 1500 calories.

Wondering if I should change my status from sedentary. Although I don't properly exercise, I must actually move a fair bit chasing after the kids, plus I'm still breastfeeding at night. 1500 calories to lose bugger all isn't going to cut it for more than a few days!

I would go with at least lightly active. I have chased my share of preschoolers/toddlers. Just pushing a double stroller is a work out.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mel on this. You are expending more calories than a sedentary person.
  • HB0618
    HB0618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I do that all the time... all the time
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2019
    Options
    HB0618 wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I do that all the time... all the time

I claim the BINGO square
  • HB0618
    HB0618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WendyFlynn wrote: »
    franksl87e wrote: »
    I keep changing my weekly goals (first week!) from 2lb to 1.5lb depending on what I know I still want to eat that day!!

I do this! I get to the last 2 days of the week (Usually Fri and Sat) and up my daily target - then eat like crazy for 2 days, to the last calorie :-(

I did this also - I ate a sachet of Options hot chocolate - Fudge flavour - I don't think I will do it again lol. Just the thought makes me uggghhhh!

I am embarrassed to add that if you put a few drops of milk with the powder, it makes it into a chocolate paste. It is much sweeter thank drinking it as hot chocolate and when I NEED sugar, it is more than enough.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    HB0618 wrote: »
    WendyFlynn wrote: »
    franksl87e wrote: »
    I keep changing my weekly goals (first week!) from 2lb to 1.5lb depending on what I know I still want to eat that day!!

I do this! I get to the last 2 days of the week (Usually Fri and Sat) and up my daily target - then eat like crazy for 2 days, to the last calorie :-(

I did this also - I ate a sachet of Options hot chocolate - Fudge flavour - I don't think I will do it again lol. Just the thought makes me uggghhhh!

I am embarrassed to add that if you put a few drops of milk with the powder, it makes it into a chocolate paste. It is much sweeter thank drinking it as hot chocolate and when I NEED sugar, it is more than enough.

Would that be a double square, Quik??