Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    No one told me that I was getting a trainee today.

Yuck.

No one told me I was getting an "urgent" case, involving a state elected official. :s

And my kid has the legit flu. Fever, chills, throwing up, the works.

So, I will just take my trainee and not complain.
    P. S. When is a case involving an elected official not urgent?

Most of them actually aren't. We can take our time and dig deep.

Once in a great while, it's "get this done yesterday"!

This makes me wonder who the politician made angry, but it's better than sex crimes...i will watch this space for updates.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Somebody declared in front of me (but not to me, although I was sat next to her) that seeing a lady breastfeeding her baby on her recent flight home was 'gross' and that 'breastfeeding is just unnatural'. I said, actually it's completely natural. Then watched as her brain cells slowly started talking to each other and she remembered I have a baby. Then she said, but how old is your baby, over a year right, that's a bit old to still be breastfeeding? Yes, I said, she's 16 months. I usually breastfeed her once a night. The World Health Organisation recommends breastfeeding up to two years old and beyond I explained.

On the one hand such judgemental ignorance annoys me but on the other hand I was thinking, keep digging your hole, love. I enjoy watching you squirm.

I like your inclination to make people dquirm. I actually told someone that women had babies without doctors and breastfed for millenia before modern medicine. Doctors are handy for lower infant and maternal mortality and bottles are sometimes necessary, but definitely neither one is natural.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Somebody declared in front of me (but not to me, although I was sat next to her) that seeing a lady breastfeeding her baby on her recent flight home was 'gross' and that 'breastfeeding is just unnatural'. I said, actually it's completely natural. Then watched as her brain cells slowly started talking to each other and she remembered I have a baby. Then she said, but how old is your baby, over a year right, that's a bit old to still be breastfeeding? Yes, I said, she's 16 months. I usually breastfeed her once a night. The World Health Organisation recommends breastfeeding up to two years old and beyond I explained.

On the one hand such judgemental ignorance annoys me but on the other hand I was thinking, keep digging your hole, love. I enjoy watching you squirm.

Jeez. I probably would have asked, "What the kitten do you think women did before formula?!?"

I think a lot of people are just totally ignorant of breastfeeding, what's normal, what's practical, which is understandable as so few of us grew up witnessing it in modern western society. So I'm willing to educate before going totally ape.

Lord help her if I hear the 'but you didn't really give birth' comment (gets said surprisingly often to csection mums). Then I might have to do some much less patient educating.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    And in other bad news, one of my clinic residents was killed in that Ethiopia Airlines crash yesterday. She was going home for Spring Break to meet her new niece and nephews. She was so excited. I am so sad.

How awful :/

A family close to Toronto lost 8 people, including two small children in that flight. 18 Canadian souls lost on board...but 8 from one family....horrific.

:'(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Good Lord!! What is happening around here!!! We've lost another local officer to gunshot wounds, but this time he was shot off duty and so was his cousin. Both occupants of the car were shot, but at least one of them died from injuries sustained in the crash that followed. They were on their way home from a family wedding. My friend Beth went to the wedding because she went to high school with the bride's mother. This is crazy!!!
    Prayers for the Smith family please.

:'(.

Did they say why in the world this happened?
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Good Lord!! What is happening around here!!! We've lost another local officer to gunshot wounds, but this time he was shot off duty and so was his cousin. Both occupants of the car were shot, but at least one of them died from injuries sustained in the crash that followed. They were on their way home from a family wedding. My friend Beth went to the wedding because she went to high school with the bride's mother. This is crazy!!!

State police are investigating and I am not sure if they will ever release what they find. Or when they will find it. It's entirely possible that it was random crazy and not at all related to him being a police officer, but I know he was part of a major opiod bust at the end of last year and it could be revenge for that. Over a million dollars in fentanyl and other drugs were confiscated.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

State police are investigating and I am not sure if they will ever release what they find. Or when they will find it. It's entirely possible that it was random crazy and not at all related to him being a police officer, but I know he was part of a major opiod bust at the end of last year and it could be revenge for that. Over a million dollars in fentanyl and other drugs were confiscated.

I thought you lived in a quiet, sleepy part of the world?!?!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

So did I. Apparently, I was wrong.

The latest update is that it's being investigated as a murder suicide, which is *super weird* because why would you kill your cousin and yourself? Not that the news has said they are cousins. I only know that because Beth told me.
  • Beka3695
    Options

The latest update is that it's being investigated as a murder suicide, which is *super weird* because why would you kill your cousin and yourself? Not that the news has said they are cousins. I only know that because Beth told me.

Oh I can think of reasons... Love triangle?
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Stereotypes about people from Southern Appalachia not withstanding, there really aren't a lot of incestuous relationships like that happening here. And she doesn't even live here. She was living in Ohio. I guess he could have had a crush on her his whole life without anyone noticing, but I would find that weird.

And as for the huge drug bust, my quiet corner of the world is at the intersection of several major interstates. We have more drug traffic than you'd think or want. I-81 and I-26 intersect about 10 miles from my house. I-40 is less than an hour from me on I-81. I-77 is about an hour and 15 minutes north east and I-75 is an hour and 20 northwest. And that discounts the railroads. You can get anything to anywhere in the continental US from here. A hotel owner reported suspicious activity on his premises and off the investigation went.
  • Beka3695
    Options

Stereotypes about people from Southern Appalachia not withstanding, there really aren't a lot of incestuous relationships like that happening here. And she doesn't even live here. She was living in Ohio. I guess he could have had a crush on her his whole life without anyone noticing, but I would find that weird.

Wouldn’t have to be incestuous. Think about BINGO - “l slept with my cousin’s wife”. Maybe this is bingo guy 🤣🤣

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Good for you!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Yikes! A guy somewhere in PA just got busted with over 400+ bags of Heroin in his car. He reportedly got pulled over for having tinted windows.

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2019/03/police-say-windshield-violation-led-to-hundreds-of-bags-of-heroin-in-central-pa.html
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Wouldn’t have to be incestuous. Think about BINGO - “l slept with my cousin’s wife”. Maybe this is bingo guy 🤣🤣

Nope Carol is bride's mom. Her brother is cop Guy's dad. Her sister is dead girl's mom. They all grew up on my friend Beth's street. If Cop Guy went off the deep end and shot her over some other guy then killed himself it's totally gonna devastate some really nice people. The only gun in the vehicle was his service weapon and it was his vehicle.
    How's that for juicy Thursday gossip?
  • melissafeagins
    edited March 2019
    Options

Yikes! A guy somewhere in PA just got busted with over 400+ bags of Heroin in his car. He reportedly got pulled over for having tinted windows.

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2019/03/police-say-windshield-violation-led-to-hundreds-of-bags-of-heroin-in-central-pa.html

And he probably drove it through here!!! But, hey, it's off the street.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Wingate. :) (I remember because I had a friend named Shannon Wingate in high school. We were seat mates on the band bus.)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Wingate. :) (I remember because I had a friend named Shannon Wingate in high school. We were seat mates on the band bus.)

Close. Woodgate.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Oops. :) I really thought I was right. I also think that Lois looks like Shannon, so that's part of my problem.

Sorry, Lois!!! If it makes you feel better Shannon is super great and would fit in well here. LOL!