Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of marshmallow creme Pop Tarts. I remember having the vanilla creme variety a while back, they were pretty okay.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.
    I wish you and your family the best of luck.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    They still make Tab?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of marshmallow creme Pop Tarts. I remember having the vanilla creme variety a while back, they were pretty okay.

I suppose that's a good thing for me. LOL
    I haven't seen them in years, so I assume they don't make them.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard back from the interview yet, they said 1 week, they'd know who got it, but I haven't been eliminated yet, so that's good news right?
  • sweetness256
    sweetness256 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't log the junk I eat if it will take me over my limit.......I pretend I didn't eat it. Yes I know I'm in denial!!
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We got free lunch at work today. I ate too much and have done almost zero work this afternoon. All I really want is a nap. 1/2 hour to go until quitting time.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    They still make Tab?

A senior guy at my office loves it, so we have it available. That was my response when I first learned about it, though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard back from the interview yet, they said 1 week, they'd know who got it, but I haven't been eliminated yet, so that's good news right?

Yes, yes it is! Hope you hear something soon.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee Frosted Strawberry pop tarts. I never eat them heated either, I like it as is. :heartbreak: But I don't buy them anymore, can't moderate those bad boys.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You guys, the Pop Tart peer pressure is getting real. I'm jonesing for Brown Sugar Cinnamon, real bad.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    You guys, the Pop Tart peer pressure is getting real. I'm jonesing for Brown Sugar Cinnamon, real bad.

Those are my favorite too! Haven't had any in at least 9 months.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't understand Pop Tarts. They taste like gooey, sugary cardboard.

Toaster Strudel, I can get behind, but Pop Tarts? Blergh.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My confession- all I have eaten today is 2 1/2 doughnuts. They were worth it!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.

We have had struggles with teenage girls at doctor visits in our family. It is great that you have an awesome doc- it makes a huge difference! We will be thinking about you.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options

It can't be any worse than paying a ridiculously inflated price for pumpkin pie pop tarts on Amazon. (Yes, I did.)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Exactly how I feel. It's my grocery shopping night tonight and I'll be pleasantly surprised if I don't walk out of the store with at least a box. Or three.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

$T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRubBP+Ml0UyQg~~60_35.JPG

You like strudel?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

$T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRubBP+Ml0UyQg~~60_35.JPG

You like strudel?

Strudel I can take or leave, but I will have one of him!