Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - getting pissed off this year again at the horrible cliffhangers in my shows' finales. Seriously... stop. We'll watch next season anyway, why leave it like that for 4 months?

What are you watching?
    I was feeling the same recently!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.

This is 100% not the case. Against popular opinion, your marriage has to come first. Without a solid foundation of love, trust, quality time and all that other equally important stuff, a marriage cannot grow. I'm sorry your husband doesn't trust anyone to take care of your kids for a few days so you can recharge your couple battery. I would maybe try talking to him and see if you can come to some sort of agreement or compromise. This is just my opinion and my husband doesn't feel this way at all, see previous posts, so you can completely ignore my advice if you want. I hope you don't have to wait 11+ years for your vacation though.

• LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.
    He is definitely not a better parent because of that,don't beat yourself up. All parents need some 'me' and 'us' time to have abreak ans also to enjoy their adult relationship. Having time away just the two of you is important, even for couple of hours at a time. Hope you will be able to organise it and enjoy each other company!

Agreed! That doesn't make him a better parent than you. Some of my favorite memories from my childhood were from when my sister and I would spend a week or weekend with my uncles or grandparents. Gave my mom a chance to unwind and take a vacation, and gave my sister and I chances to experience new things and develop closer ties with our family. My fiance and I definitely want kids, but live more than 500 miles away from our families with zero plans to move closer. I'm hoping that we'll be able to find a way to get them back to see family, or that we'll have friends that we can trust to watch them for a weekend so that we can enjoy some kid-free downtime together now and then!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I think I have found the one type of pain that does not make me want to eat eat eat. (Probably comfort eating, but I digress.)

My back hurts? My period cramps hurt? My everything hurts? Gimme all the food.

Migraine? Leave me on the couch to die.

This is probably the most true thing that has ever been said.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Poor kitty! I hops so, too! Congrats on the belated honeymoon and everyone else has already offered good air travel tips, so I won't add any more. Plus, I'm a terrible traveler, so I wouldn't be all that helpful.

I do agree with the neck pillow, eye mask and/or sunglasses, and ear phones. Nothing worse than some chatty cathy next to you all flight.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

so sorry to read this :( it must be hard for you. Hugs!

I really had no idea how difficult it is to deal with a loss of your pet until today - previously we had a dog when I was a teenager and it was put to sleep when I was already moved out of the family home and at uni so it did not get to me as much as it could. This morning I have taken our rabbit pet to be euthanised as Blackie broke his leg over the weekend; they suggested amputation last night during the consultation, but with his age and some other health issues we decided it would be kinder to put him to sleep. I was an emotional mess when I arrived at the clinic and had to kick myself hard afterwards to be able to drive back home. I couldn't face going to work today and spent the day at home finding distractions so I don't have to think about it.

I am so sorry about your bunny. Losing a pet is as hard as losing a person. You will always be missing that part of your soul.

I couldn't agree with this more. I too, am so sorry to hear about your beloved little bunny.

Thank you both!
    Mo, I hope Owen will come back to you soon.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Make sure you follow the airlines rules about what you can/can't take in your carry-on (and check to make sure your bag is an acceptable size). It'll suck if you have to throw out something when you're going through security! Be aware that belt buckles and sometimes underwire in bras can set off the metal detectors, so just something to think about while getting dressed that day :) I prefer to sleep on planes, so one of those wrap around neck pillows is a must for me, but I know some people can't sleep so you might not need one. Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport and through security. Check BEFORE you leave home if your flight is delayed/cancelled for some reason.

If you've never flown before and aren't sure how your stomach will handle it, pack some ginger pills or Gravol just in case.

Congratulations on your belated honeymoon! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. My biggest flying tip is to drink plenty of water - I always get soooo dehydrated. And make sure you have a sweater or little travel blanket, planes are usually cold (at least for me, I'm always cold though)!

I'm always cold too. Do they sell travel blankets? Can I bring water or get water on the plane? I try to drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water by 10 am, so hopefully I'll be fine. Just hope I don't have to pee until I can make it to our layover stop.

Thanks for the congratulations. When I say VERY belated, I'm talking 15 years belated. :smiley:

Yes- they do sell travel blankets... I think that I got mine at Target, it came with a neck pillow and an eye mask (I've only used the eye mask once, on a Transatlantic red-eye flight). But I also have a cheap one that I think I accidentally stole from an airline! whoops... I guess that's a confession in itself!

And good for you on getting in your trip, even if it is 15 years later. I'm guessing that after 15 years you probably have a lot more to celebrate now than the day after your wedding anyway!

WE SURE DO! We've been through a lot in the 15 years we've been married and we've stayed a strong dedicated couple. I think having to wait this long, we'll be able to appreciate a trip like this a lot more than we would have 15 years ago when I wasn't even old enough to drink. :wink:

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I think I am finally starting to get my life together. I almost to my goal weight and I finally know what I want to do with my life career wise. Hoping to work on getting my GED in August and to start taking prereq's required to apply for for the radiology program at my local college.
    I feel like life is starting to fall into place.

This is great, congratulations! You will never regret going back to school.
  • MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Make sure you follow the airlines rules about what you can/can't take in your carry-on (and check to make sure your bag is an acceptable size). It'll suck if you have to throw out something when you're going through security! Be aware that belt buckles and sometimes underwire in bras can set off the metal detectors, so just something to think about while getting dressed that day :) I prefer to sleep on planes, so one of those wrap around neck pillows is a must for me, but I know some people can't sleep so you might not need one. Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport and through security. Check BEFORE you leave home if your flight is delayed/cancelled for some reason.

If you've never flown before and aren't sure how your stomach will handle it, pack some ginger pills or Gravol just in case.

Congratulations on your belated honeymoon! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. My biggest flying tip is to drink plenty of water - I always get soooo dehydrated. And make sure you have a sweater or little travel blanket, planes are usually cold (at least for me, I'm always cold though)!

I'm always cold too. Do they sell travel blankets? Can I bring water or get water on the plane? I try to drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water by 10 am, so hopefully I'll be fine. Just hope I don't have to pee until I can make it to our layover stop.

Thanks for the congratulations. When I say VERY belated, I'm talking 15 years belated. :smiley:

RE: travel blankets - I always bring a light jacket or zip up hoodie so it's easy to take on and off. And I hope you have so much fun on your trip!

I ALWAYS carry a hoodie with me, but I will sure to have one that day for sure. Thanks!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Ahh, my first MFP eaten post. @MoHousdon - go to the D terminal for shopping in Dallas and bring your own snacks (beverages purchased after security) was the basic jist of my message. Enjoy your flight and honeymoon!

Thanks, @WestCoastJo82 I will remember D terminal for "delightful shopping in Dallas!" :)

I usually travel with a large decorative scarf. It fold down to nothing and can be worn around the neck, draped as a shawl or used as a blanket if it is cold on the airplane.
    I travel with dried fruit and nuts and instant oatmeal packets in my luggage and energy bars of my choice in my carry on. If you get delayed or things just take too long having food on hand can be a lifesaver. Once you pass through security go buy yourself a bottle of water. Have a great trip!

I am planning on bringing some Quest Bars in my carryon. I also have so travel mix that I got from the local candy store that would be perfect too. Thanks for the advice and the well wishes!

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

Nah. I will say though that based on nothing but my time on pregnancy message boards (tip: do not go to a pregnancy message board, the craziest people spend all day there) most first babies seem to be easy. That's how they trick you into having another one. My oldest was the easiest baby in the world. I found myself thinking "why do people complain about this?". Five years later when I had my daughter, I found out how bad it could be. My daughter has also taught me to be a lot less judgmental about parenting styles. I parented her in the same general way as my son, and she is ?

I feel this exact way about my 4th child. She can be so sweet sometimes, but EVERYTHING is a damned battle with her. I cannot possibly convey how mule-obstinate she can be about the smallest things. It doesn't help that the older three (one of whom has to share a room with her) have figured out how to trigger her demon rages.

All her teachers love her though, so I am occasionally "grateful" she saves her insanity for her father and I mostly.

This is spot on my daughter too. My husband are always getting how sweet and polite and well behaved and helpful she is. That's awesome, FOR YOU. You should see her at home. Not helpful at all unless she feels like it which is almost never!

Yesterday I just want to punch her in the face. She was going to an end of the year school dance and changed into shorts. It was 50 degrees outside and I told her she'd freeze if she wore shorts. She said, "You've never been to one of our dances and I am always hot." I argued with her back and forth then finally said word for word, "FINE! Freeze your *kitten* off, I don't care! Get out of my house!" Yesterday was NOT the day to come at me. Not my best mommy moment, but I didn't feel bad either.

You know what I've learned over the years? My youngest son has always been mouthy. But I made sure to never miss those parent-teacher conferences because they all just raved about him! So well-behaved, so smart, such a joy to teach! Thank God. At home when he'd mouth off or act up I learned that for him he did have a problem with authority but knew enough to not take it out on anyone else. I'd catch the brunt of it because he needed that "release" somewhere. That's not to say I just allowed him to say whatever he wanted and disrespect me. I'd let him vent, acknowledge his feelings and remind him that they are directed elsewhere but I personally still believed this was better than him burying his feelings and eventually self-medicating with drugs or alcohol or sex when he got older.

He still calls me and rants about his job regularly. But, better to release that elsewhere then snap at a supervisor at work.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Daily confession.

My husband's daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on Mother's Day and she is "living" with us now. I put living in quotes because since last Tuesday, she's stayed the night once or twice, the rest of the nights (she works evenings) she doesn't bother coming home or even calling to say she's not going to be home. I understand she's an adult being 19, but I also expect her to show us some gratitude and respect for taking her and her cat in when she didn't really have anywhere else to go. Although, she must have SOMEWHERE to sleep since she's not sleeping in our house.

I am fully miffed about the whole thing because I feel like she is using us to store her stuff and take care of her cat. I have asked my husband to talk to her, but I'm sure he won't since he doesn't like confrontation and she's just now coming into our lives after not being allowed to see us for the past 14 years and he doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

I am upset and hurt and don't know what to do. :/

Sounds like a contract is in order. She agrees to abide by certain rules of the house, or live somewhere else that doesn't have those rules. You agree to abide by certain rules (to make it feel even) like not going into her room without permission, etc. All parties sign the contract. Break the contract - find a new place to live.

That sounds like a great idea, @quiksylver296 but my husband would NEVER do that. He's too nice/non-confrontational. Update, she didn't come home last night either. That is at least the 4th night in a row. I don't know my husband has even heard from her since Saturday.

Do you know who she's staying with?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

Welcome to the thread! Please don't beat yourself up! We all do it. Many admissions and confessions regarding that here. It does you nor your children any good. Don't rehash the past. Just do your best every day. That's all your kids need. Do seek help for PPD because that is serious to deal with.

Also, the people who make self-promoting parenting posts on Facebook are liars. Ignore all that noise.

This made me laugh. That has to be the most judgmental thing you have ever said! (And I love it!)

It's okay to judge everyone else NOT on this thread, right? I thought those were the rules. :)

YES! Of course those are the rules!

Good deal - I like to be judgy sometimes!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Confession: I totally traded out my lunch for a piece of carrot cake. Oh, yeah I did that. B)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

Padded shorts are great! I've also read that (although it seems backwards) a more narrow seat can be more comfortable. If the seat is too wide it might not let your body/hips/knees align properly. I know this is true for my bike. My seat is narrower and much more comfortable than some of the wide-seated spin bikes at the gym.

I did a bike tour thing a couple years ago, almost 100 km over 2 days (mountain biking, so narrow, hilly trails) and no amount of padding was enough for that pain on the second day. I couldn't sit on my bike properly for the first hour or so, until everything went kind of numb hahaha.

I've tried a few different saddles and the one that I absolutely cherish is the one I thought I would hate. I need to find another just like it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

This is 100% not the case. Against popular opinion, your marriage has to come first. Without a solid foundation of love, trust, quality time and all that other equally important stuff, a marriage cannot grow. I'm sorry your husband doesn't trust anyone to take care of your kids for a few days so you can recharge your couple battery. I would maybe try talking to him and see if you can come to some sort of agreement or compromise. This is just my opinion and my husband doesn't feel this way at all, see previous posts, so you can completely ignore my advice if you want. I hope you don't have to wait 11+ years for your vacation though.

Absolutely! I think this a the #1 common error among spouses once children arrive on the scene. Then it snowballs: after the children are raised "empty nest" syndrome kicks in. However, if you keep both your marriage and your own personal life healthy, happy and well-rounded then there is no such thing as "empty nest" syndrome. IMHO.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the mad-pad days of my early 20s (6 guys living in a 2 bedroom apt), we had this roommate who would buy a 2 liter of Coke and put it in the fridge, only to have it downed by roommates when he wasn't there. (not me, a couple of broke guys would.)

After a month or so of this, one day he came home with a 2 liter & said "Attention!", and while we watched he picked his nose & put it in the bottle. "I've been doing this for the last 2 weeks" he said.

A couple guys literally turned green. So awesome.

This is gross and awesome. The thieves totally deserved it.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Thanks!

ETA: Also, pack gum or chewy candy, something to chew while taking off & landing (for your ears). I actually wear ear plugs when I fly. They might not work for everyone, and it does say to take them out once you're at altitude, but I just wear them the whole time. It's a little annoying if you have to talk to someone since you can't tell how loud you're talking, but with them in my ears don't pop at all and it is wonderful.

WOW!!! @ShibaEars that was ALL very useful information. I do remember chewing gum on the plane and my ears are very sensitive to elevation changes so that's a must for me. I also have some Beats headphones so I'll be bringing them along too. I will make sure to dress comfortable with a wireless bra (probably workout out clothes since they're super comfortable) so I don't get pulled aside by the NSA.

My husband and I are going to sit down and make a list of all the stuff we need to buy, do and plan. Little tip about me...I LOVE LISTS!!! It's soothing to my mild OCD.

Me too! Me too! I have an Excel spreadsheet for everything groceries, vacations, to do lists!! Lists make me so happy!

Me too! Love excel spreadsheets!!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Thanks!

RE: travel blankets - I always bring a light jacket or zip up hoodie so it's easy to take on and off. And I hope you have so much fun on your trip!

I ALWAYS carry a hoodie with me, but I will sure to have one that day for sure. Thanks!
    Ahh, my first MFP eaten post. @MoHousdon - go to the D terminal for shopping in Dallas and bring your own snacks (beverages purchased after security) was the basic jist of my message. Enjoy your flight and honeymoon!

Thanks, @WestCoastJo82 I will remember D terminal for "delightful shopping in Dallas!" :)

I usually travel with a large decorative scarf. It fold down to nothing and can be worn around the neck, draped as a shawl or used as a blanket if it is cold on the airplane.
    I travel with dried fruit and nuts and instant oatmeal packets in my luggage and energy bars of my choice in my carry on. If you get delayed or things just take too long having food on hand can be a lifesaver. Once you pass through security go buy yourself a bottle of water. Have a great trip!

I am planning on bringing some Quest Bars in my carryon. I also have so travel mix that I got from the local candy store that would be perfect too. Thanks for the advice and the well wishes!

Just so you know if you do get a layover in Dallas (where I currently reside) Just be prepared for delays especially if you travel AA or US. They've been have some issues recently over here. ( I would know since my BF is a pilot for US) He always complains about the hour or two delays. So just make a note ;p I hope you have a fantastic trip!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    So I looked up awesome drinks to try in the Dominican Republic, and I found out about the ''dirty monkey,'' which is something I need in my life:
    592hv8n74ddy.jpg
    A drinkable, alcoholic dessert, which I'm sure is extremely dangerous for me. Especially since I'm a lightweight and am prone to drinking my way through alcoholic drinks WAY too fast (''Whoa... where did my wine go?''). Someone at work told me to try the ''mamajuana.'' No idea what that is but it looks to be of a citrus-y nature. Sorry guys, I'm getting terribly excited.

... I'm going to gain back every single pound, aren't I?

OMG I lived on Dirty Monkey's while in Jamaica! totally worth the 10 pound gain lol
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Don't give up hope on your kitty! Growing up we had one cat that disappeared for over 3 weeks, and another that was gone for over 2 weeks before they found their ways home. (and they were both indoor, declawed cats).