Almond Milk vs. Skim Milk

Options

Replies

• CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    lvillani81 wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand how milk doesn't gross human beings out. The stuff is packed with bacteria, puss, fecal matter, pesticides and IGF-1 which causes cancer. Plus, cow's milk is naturally intended to turn a small calf into a 1,000 lb cow!

agreed

"The hype for store-bought almond milk from people who are otherwise all about "natural and unprocessed" is always the weirdest."

agreed, that is why I make my own. Taste better, less junk it it, and not processed.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I honestly don't understand how milk doesn't gross human beings out. The stuff is packed with bacteria, puss, fecal matter, pesticides and IGF-1 which causes cancer. Plus, cow's milk is naturally intended to turn a small calf into a 1,000 lb cow!

And then once they are done drinking milk, they go strictly vegan/vegetarian to finish out that 1,000 lbs. That's why I avoid vegetarian diets. I would hate to turn into a 1,000 lb heifer.

• brower47
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »

agreed

"The hype for store-bought almond milk from people who are otherwise all about "natural and unprocessed" is always the weirdest."

agreed, that is why I make my own. Taste better, less junk it it, and not processed.

How do you get the "milk" out of almonds without processing it?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

And then once they are done drinking milk, they go strictly vegan/vegetarian to finish out that 1,000 lbs. That's why I avoid vegetarian diets. I would hate to turn into a 1,000 lb heifer.

So since I am a vegetarian that eats dairy... I am basically a cow? Cool.
  • brower47
    Options

So since I am a vegetarian that eats dairy... I am basically a cow? Cool.

You will be soon according to some of the illogical conclusions some people are drawing in here.

You might be one already. My condolences.
  • CJDaniel7
    edited February 2015
    Options

mistake sorry
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Personal preference? I don't care about carbs or sugar, but I have fat and protein goals to reach (that said I dont drink skim either. 2% or whole because, uh, i like fat in my diet)

Plus almond milk is disgusting. So there's that.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Some people drink almond milk because they like it. Seriously folks.
  • CJDaniel7
    edited February 2015
    Options

agreed

Processed food in these contexts, to most educated people, = commercially manufactured, processed and packaged. Not put in a blender.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Almond milk tastes better. I don't need the protein in skim milk so I'll go with taste. Plus is lower calories in almond milk.
  • Daiako
    Options

Quite. That's why I even cook my veg in bacon fat. Straight veggies are for cows.
  • Daiako
    Options

agreed

Processed food in these contexts, to most educated people, = commercially manufactured, processed and packaged. Not put in a blender.

So processed means what you say it means, not what it actually means?
  • CJDaniel7
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian nor vegan. I EAT MEAT. Still the thought of humans being the only animal that drinks milk from another animal sounds yuckky. Yes, I still eat cheese, on occasion, it just sounds yuccky. Would you suck the milk out of a cows "Teat"?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

agreed

so it's the packaging that makes it so unhealthy?
  • brower47
    Options

agreed

Processed food to most educated people would equal food that gets processed from one form to another.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk, only because cow's milk hurts my stomach. I prefer the taste also.
  • CJDaniel7
    edited February 2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

agreed

It's all the machines it goes through, additives that are added, the packaging (BPA is still legal in US), and its in every can US produces) and hands that touch it.
  • brower47
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

agreed

So processed means what you say it means, not what it actually means?

Well, she's educated, so she's right. Anyone using the term correctly is uneducated.
  • Daiako
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian nor vegan. I EAT MEAT. Still the thought of humans being the only animal that drinks milk from another animal sounds yuckky. Yes, I still eat cheese, on occasion, it just sounds yuccky. Would you suck the milk out of a cows "Teat"?

No, but I'm not gonna go up and bite a cow either. I prefer my milk processed and chilled just like I like my meat processed and hot.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

agreed

It's all the machines it goes through, additives that are added, the packaging (BPA is still legal in US), and its in every can US produces) and hands that touch it.

it sounds so scary when you put it that way!